1/6 - Hot Toys: MMS481 - Avengers: Infinity War - Captain America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope you are wrong too, I'd be really po'd:( - screen time or not, well heck it's Bucky and the costume is fantastic:love (+ the BR might have some deleted stuff tho I don't have a lot of hope). Crossing my fingers that the delay IS for a new sculpt and the costume is pretty complicated, really. The Cosbaby is out (don't know if that means anything)...also maybe we have to wait for SDCC reveals? but I just PO'd Iron Studios 1/10 poly - one way or the other I'm having IW Bucky in the collection.:cool:

I don’t mind the delay... as long as they make him. Besides, it gives people like me who are on a budget enough time to save up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why'd this get floated to the top again of their facebook page?

33740365_10155515869142344_5555228515894296576_o.jpg

Is this new...?

33784279_1691579704243964_1591245663310446592_o.jpg

Giving him other character's weapons... that's a bit disappointing. But after watching the movie I realized there is nothing else they could give him

I barely care, I just want the rest of the Black Order

Agreed that there wasn't anything else they could have given him. I don't think he warranted a Movie Promo Release. Could have done it for another character. Like Tony Stark with some battle damaged pieces.

Giving him other character's weapons... that's a bit disappointing. But after watching the movie I realized there is nothing else they could give him

I barely care, I just want the rest of the Black Order

Same here. I'm really hoping for an Ebony Maw figure.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

I picked up a civil war version myself , just in case . I have a feeling that there going to skip on Bucky . # 1 -The silhouette preview picture has the same exact head sculpt as CW version . # 2 - besides the new Black panther Arm and brown and slight blue shirt . He’s basically going to come with the same exact machine gun . They could be waiting on the ok / approval for a new head sculpt but there’s zero evidence on that . # 3 - Winter soldier plays a much smaller role in this movie unfortunately . I definitely can see them passing on him. I REALLY HOPE IM WRONG ��. Id get another winter soilder in a heartbeat .

He has an entirely new costume and a new arm, the only thing the same from Bucky's Civil War look is exactly that: the gun. It would make more sense variety wise for Hot Toys to make Bucky over say, Vision or Scarlet Witch, since they have very minor or no changes to their previous looks. I'd hope that screen time wouldn't be a factor for Hot Toys, especially because Cap himself was only in IW for a total of 6 minutes, and they're making him (two versions, no less). I do hope they make him and reveal him soon, he and Cap are the only figures I want from IW.

He has an entirely new costume and a new arm, the only thing the same from Bucky's Civil War look is exactly that: the gun. It would make more sense variety wise for Hot Toys to make Bucky over say, Vision or Scarlet Witch, since they have very minor or no changes to their previous looks. I'd hope that screen time wouldn't be a factor for Hot Toys, especially because Cap himself was only in IW for a total of 6 minutes, and they're making him (two versions, no less). I do hope they make him and reveal him soon, he and Cap are the only figures I want from IW.

For sure since I plan at least 2 IW Buckys, depending. I'll add BW to that; besides Cap for me just not sure. There's older stuff like TWS Fury I still need to pick up, and a Loki. I think I'd like an Outrider if the price isn't stupid to go with. I'd go for Okoye if they ever make her.

Actually wouldn't mind a second Cap but unlike Bucky where IMO there's a real reason to customize - like an *imagined* White Wolf costume or something tribal-ish - Cap is more of a problem LOL. Tho I could see putting him in some rough civvie togs e.g. his life as a fugitive. That we never saw (*&&^% I was hoping for like 30 seconds of that, maybe the first meeting of BW finding Cap and Falcon 'coz she must have tracked them down.) Guessing there will never be another bearded Cap:dunno

I don’t mind the delay... as long as they make him. Besides, it gives people like me who are on a budget enough time to save up!

For sure, HT isn't cheap - but - I've seen other companies do impressive costumes but faces and bodies - when I dabble in customs - I always end up back with HT. Looking Bucky's costume over can't imagine trying to replicate that with all the seams, boot covers (spats?) and that arm!!!! Just hope they are doing a new sculpt as IMO the CW too generic.

I can imagine how the Hot Toys marketing meeting went when discussing the release:
- product manager 1: We need to jump on the opportunity of a IW version of Cap since all previous verions have sold well. Just look at the prices on Ebay.
- product manager 2: But the suit looks similar to the ones he wore in 3 previous movies. How do we differentiate this release enough from the previous ones to avoid the public and fans from accusing of us of recycling previously used materials and exhausting the market with the already released Caps?
- PM1: well, in the trailers <at this time Disney has not shown the complete film to any of their license holders> he is holding 2 of the claw like shields and he does have that scruffy looking beard.
- PM2: That's not enough. More differentiation! what else could we add?
- PM1: we can go with his regular shield, but it's not shown in the trailers. Plus our Disney overlords are hinting not to add anything related to his old shield in any product promotions.
- PM2: what about that javelin staff he catches in the trailer?
- PM1: Yeah that's one of the coolest scenes! Maybe he uses it throughout the movie.
- PM2: Agree, with the staff so we should have enough differentiation especially for those collectors who can't afford the current Ebay prices for the CW and AOU Caps.
- PM1: Then how do we incentivize the collectors who already own a Cap to purchase it?
<at this time the scene of the 1st black order battle with Cap and Black Widow is released>
- PM2: Did you see that scene when Cap is holding that bad ass blade?
- PM1: That's it! With that and the generic base of that dead alien creature which we can re-use in other figures we will release a "Promo" version mainly targeting die-hard fans.

- PM1: That's it! With that and the generic base of that dead alien creature which we can re-use in other figures we will release a "Promo" version mainly targeting die-hard fans.

The irony for me is - and I guess I'm a diehard Cap/Bucky/Falcon/BW/SW fan of sorts - is that getting IW *bearded* Cap was a given. And I like re-purposing bases from other lines, diorama bases, etc. So I probably won't even use either staff or base for display, as I pictured this Cap being displayed with this still-mythical Bucky in Wakanda (probably with my BP v1).

But I ordered the promo version anyway. What the ****. If I'm keeping the box, the extras can sit in the box. 16$ more. I don't know why HT bothered. They should have done a Bucky/Rocket combo or battle damaged IM or a budget version of the Hulkbuster in Wakanda tho don't know if I could deal with a Hulkbuster that only includes Bruce Banner's head. Or if they put out a BP/Okoye.

I'm not sure whether to get the IW captain america.
I have the CW Captain America Battling Version, and IW Captain America just feels like a dirtier version with bearded cap, no star, and the wakanda shields. If I wanted to display an IW captain america, perhaps I can just use the CW captain america battling version and just get the customized bearded head, wakanda shields on ebay. It will be 'close enough". what do you guys think?

I'm not sure whether to get the IW captain america.
I have the CW Captain America Battling Version, and IW Captain America just feels like a dirtier version with bearded cap, no star, and the wakanda shields. If I wanted to display an IW captain america, perhaps I can just use the CW captain america battling version and just get the customized bearded head, wakanda shields on ebay. It will be 'close enough". what do you guys think?

If you're able to snag the separate parts for a reasonable price that would be significantly cheaper than retail for IW Cap, then I suppose it could be worth it. In the end, it's ultimately up to you if you'd be happy with that route.

Me, personally, I'm not too blown away by the bearded head sculpt. Before HT revealed it, IW Cap was gonna be a must-buy for me, but after the less-than-impressive sculpt, I'm on the fence. So I'm hoping the final production sculpt is much better than the prototype one.

I’m ambivalent when it comes to this figure. I actually really like the bearded sculpt and the overall look, as it’s something different than the norm (similar to Thor with short hair).

However, I’m still not sure I want another Cap figure and if I do, if I want to pull the trigger on this one or wait to see what happens in A4.

I ordered the concept art one in the end. I don't mind the look of IW Cap, but I also don't think he really played a big part in the movie and I'd rather wait to see what he will look like in A4. Kind of need to keep the funds for some of the other figures from IW anyway.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I really like Cap's look in IW but this figure doesn't quite seem to do him justice, particularly the bearded sculpt. I will take another look when the final product is revealed....but for now I've passed in favour of the concept art fig, which to me, is more interesting and aesthetically pleasing.

My biggest issue with the figure is the face is slightly off. The nose to me is not quite Chris's nose, and its throwing me off. Like he broke his nose and it didn't reset quite right. A decent head-sculpt, but this looks more like Chris Evans older brother than Chris Evans. My final product/ different lighting will change my mind.

Chris-Evans-as-Steve-Rogers-aka-Captain-America-in-Wakanda-in-Avengers-Infinity-War.jpg
marvel-avengers-infinity-war-captain-america-movie-promo-sixth-scale-figure-hot-toys-9034301-10.jpg

My biggest issue with the figure is the face is slightly off. The nose to me is not quite Chris's nose, and its throwing me off. Like he broke his nose and it didn't reset quite right. A decent head-sculpt, but this looks more like Chris Evans older brother than Chris Evans. My final product/ different lighting will change my mind.

View attachment 422022
View attachment 422026

Nose/sculpt look damn good to me. So hyped for this guy

snip

I agree, it just isn't that great of a likeness to me, the nose is definitely off.

Back