1/6 - Hot Toys: MMS481 - Avengers: Infinity War - Captain America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why would those even need to be kept a secret? Honestly, I don't need or even care for either of those...

Maybe HTs knew that Cap was going to have a limited role in this one to go along with an untraditional look and lack of shield, so they decided to pull out all the hype tactics to drive sales by making this a movie promo and touting secret accessories.

I don't know what else they could've been. But it's still disappointing nonetheless.

Why would those even need to be kept a secret? Honestly, I don't need or even care for either of those...

Maybe HTs knew that Cap was going to have a limited role in this one to go along with an untraditional look and lack of shield, so they decided to pull out all the hype tactics to drive sales by making this a movie promo and touting secret accessories.

I don't know what else they could've been. But it's still disappointing nonetheless.

The answer is that neither needed to be a secret or treated as a spoiler... Revealing Stormbreaker with the Thor figure was by far a bigger spoiler than either of these.

The most disappointing part would be IF that the inclusion of these weapons means that they won't be making the Black Order, which is probably unlikely anyway knowing HT's history with secondary villains. But this seems like a "good enough" kind of move that HT has been increasingly resorting to lately when it comes to some releases.

Last edited:
Honestly one of these shoulda came with Widow...they used them the same amount of time....also even tho he’s pretty bare, he would compliment Widow well, specially if they release Proxima

The most disappointing part would be if that the inclusion of these weapons means that they won't be making the Black Order, which is probably unlikely anyway knowing HT's history with secondary villains. But this seems like a "good enough" kind of move that HT has been increasingly resorting to lately when it comes to some releases.

So fkin true...dudes gave us Vultures helmet...lol whatbwe supposed to do with that?

The most disappointing part would be if that the inclusion of these weapons means that they won't be making the Black Order, which is probably unlikely anyway knowing HT's history with secondary villains.

I dunno, my initial thought was maybe they will make Glaive considering they have the spear. But who knows, I guess it's not a big thing to make one of these weapons.

I guess SDCC will tell.

I dunno, my initial thought was maybe they will make Glaive considering they have the spear. But who knows, I guess it's not a big thing to make one of these weapons.

I guess SDCC will tell.

Glaive does seem the most likely given the proto, that seems like a lot of trouble to go through for a figure they don't intend to release, but who knows at this point... If being an Avengers movie and one of the biggest action movies of all time can't get these characters made, then nothing will.

Of course it doesn't mean that they HAVE to be revealed anytime soon to be made, i'm very aware we could get any of them years from now as a movies release frame isn't always the deciding factor in a figure being made... The issue is with HT typically skipping secondary villains regardless of the movie or their role.

The answer is that neither needed to be a secret or treated as a spoiler... Revealing Stormbreaker with the Thor figure was by far a bigger spoiler than either of these.

Agreed. While Vision used Glaive's scythe to kill him & save Cap, there was no way revealing its inclusion early could have been considered a spoiler.

The most disappointing part would be IF that the inclusion of these weapons means that they won't be making the Black Order, which is probably unlikely anyway knowing HT's history with secondary villains. But this seems like a "good enough" kind of move that HT has been increasingly resorting to lately when it comes to some releases.

So fkin true...dudes gave us Vultures helmet...lol whatbwe supposed to do with that?

I think you're supposed to display it next to Crossbones's helmet. :lol But leave room for Ghost's helmet from Ant-Man and Wasp...

It wouldn’t surprise me if the access were hidden at Disney’s request. I don’t recall Hot Toys holding back accessories in the past. Knowing what the accessories are I don’t know that I’d have have went for the movie promo edition but I wanted this Cap anyways so I don’t mind having the full package.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed. While Vision used Glaive's scythe to kill him & save Cap, there was no way revealing its inclusion early could have been considered a spoiler.

I think you're supposed to display it next to Crossbones's helmet. :lol But leave room for Ghost's helmet from Ant-Man and Wasp...

Well... That just ruined my mood a bit. I didn't think of that because I want Ghost and it sucks because you're probably right. :banghead

Totally agree. I've been looking at any reason to order this and was hoping these 2 items were a bit more imaginative enemy weapons. Oh well.

Though the chitauri did not sell well so maybe they realised the baddies will not sell so well this time too.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Figured it would be the spear and glaive but there was absolutely no need to blur it... Maybe A4 Cap is the one to get but I'll wait to see what trailers look like.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Yeah I agree it's a pretty lame and anticlimactic reveal... but he does look cool holding the spears so it'll be nice to have that as another display option at least.

Back