1/6 - Hot Toys: MMS481 - Avengers: Infinity War - Captain America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm hoping for some of the Black Order too. If they don't do any of them with how popular the movie is I think that'd be a missed opportunity on Hot Toys part. Then again I could be wrong and the Black Order may not sell as well as I think they would.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

I'd be down for a crowd sourcing type sale for villains from HT. For some reason I still doubt they'd get enough orders to meet whatever goal they set.

Great idea. If it gets us more villains, I'm all for it. But I bet Hot Toys would balk at a campaign that reveals the number of figures being made, since they never give out that info any more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did they used to give out info detailing how many figures were made?

I think cyborg is a no go. Everyone else is being released as far as I've seen

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Did they officially say Cyborg isn't happening or is that just pure speculation? I don't care about the DC line at all, but that's surprising since he's essentially their version of Iron Man...

Why'd this get floated to the top again of their facebook page?

33740365_10155515869142344_5555228515894296576_o.jpg

Is this new...?

33784279_1691579704243964_1591245663310446592_o.jpg

Yeah...that extra spear and diorama base is an easy pass...I'll keep those extra 20 or 30 bucks, or however much they're charging for it.

Did they officially say Cyborg isn't happening or is that just pure speculation? I don't care about the DC line at all, but that's surprising since he's essentially their version of Iron Man...
Pure speculation. Plus, I'm pretty sure they cancelled the cyborg solo film. But you never know, if people get loud enough about it, they may make him. But I'm still waiting for Yellow Jacket & Crossbones to release. They've been on the "Coming Soon" page for many years.. I wasn't planning on getting cyborg, but I picked up everyone except Flash and Aquaman. Gonna wait for their solo movies before grabbing them, if I do at all..

Pure speculation. Plus, I'm pretty sure they cancelled the cyborg solo film. But you never know, if people get loud enough about it, they may make him. But I'm still waiting for Yellow Jacket & Crossbones to release. They've been on the "Coming Soon" page for many years.. I wasn't planning on getting cyborg, but I picked up everyone except Flash and Aquaman. Gonna wait for their solo movies before grabbing them, if I do at all..

I’m sorry, but Cyborg sucks. If they wanted to have a black superhero in DCCU, they should have picked smooth as silk John Stewart (the JL Animated version, not the boring comic version). I know the GL movie bombed, but it was because Ryan Reynolds was miscast as Hal. GL John would have kicked heiny.

Yeah...that extra spear and diorama base is an easy pass...I'll keep those extra 20 or 30 bucks, or however much they're charging for it.

Probably never going to display mine on a base or with either spear. Sigh. Too late to change to regular version since I pre-ordered from Sideshow, and there’s a cancellation fee.

Probably never going to display mine on a base or with either spear. Sigh. Too late to change to regular version since I pre-ordered from Sideshow, and there’s a cancellation fee.

You can easily sell both spears and maybe the extra base part for $40 or $50 when these release. Some will want them for Black Widow, Vision, SW or other custom things.

I agree, but I actually think Reynolds was fine as Hal. It was the script that was horrible. And as much as I love Stewart, I really want them to establish Jordan. The faster they do this and do it right, the faster we'll get Kyle. I just want a GL Corps movie, but I fear we won't get one for a while. I'm thinking that the next DCFU movies aren't going to be connected anymore and we're headed for a soft reboot...

And on the topic of this figure and the "mystery weapons". Just buy the promo and sell the weapons. I bought the first Affleck bat and it came with a sniper rifle that sold on ebay for $100. I'm guessing the ex weapon in the movie promo will catch a pretty penny. It'll basically cover 40% of the figures cost.
I’m sorry, but Cyborg sucks. If they wanted to have a black superhero in DCCU, they should have picked smooth as silk John Stewart (the JL Animated version, not the boring comic version). I know the GL movie bombed, but it was because Ryan Reynolds was miscast as Hal. GL John would have kicked heiny.

Did they used to give out info detailing how many figures were made?

At least once they advertised that a figure was limited to a certain number--Mark 6 Movie Promo figure, limited to 3000 worldwide. Not sure if they've revealed it on any others, so no I don't think they ever did it on a regular basis.

Vision did use the gold in the end scene, right? Thinking more about what i said earlier I might actually display that one with him. The gold would look good with his outfit.

Vision did use the gold in the end scene, right? Thinking more about what i said earlier I might actually display that one with him. The gold would look good with his outfit.

You could also display it through his outfit :lol

Think will get a White Wolf, Or should I look for a Civil War Winter Soldier?

I am hoping we get IW bucky, they have already previewed him (at least in silhouette form) in other figure announcements so fingers crossed we get him soon.

I did however just pick up a CW version just in case (also because wanted to own one with the silver arm). Hes still available for retail at popcultcha if you did want to go that route.

I picked up a civil war version myself , just in case . I have a feeling that there going to skip on Bucky . # 1 -The silhouette preview picture has the same exact head sculpt as CW version . # 2 - besides the new Black panther Arm and brown and slight blue shirt . He’s basically going to come with the same exact machine gun . They could be waiting on the ok / approval for a new head sculpt but there’s zero evidence on that . # 3 - Winter soldier plays a much smaller role in this movie unfortunately . I definitely can see them passing on him. I REALLY HOPE IM WRONG 🤞. Id get another winter soilder in a heartbeat .

I picked up a civil war version myself , just in case . I have a feeling that there going to skip on Bucky . # 1 -The silhouette preview picture has the same exact head sculpt as CW version . # 2 - besides the new Black panther Arm and brown and slight blue shirt . He’s basically going to come with the same exact machine gun . They could be waiting on the ok / approval for a new head sculpt but there’s zero evidence on that . # 3 - Winter soldier plays a much smaller role in this movie unfortunately . I definitely can see them passing on him. I REALLY HOPE IM WRONG ��. Id get another winter soilder in a heartbeat .

I hope you are wrong too, I'd be really po'd:( - screen time or not, well heck it's Bucky and the costume is fantastic:love (+ the BR might have some deleted stuff tho I don't have a lot of hope). Crossing my fingers that the delay IS for a new sculpt and the costume is pretty complicated, really. The Cosbaby is out (don't know if that means anything)...also maybe we have to wait for SDCC reveals? but I just PO'd Iron Studios 1/10 poly - one way or the other I'm having IW Bucky in the collection.:cool:

Back