1/6 Hot Toys - MMS414 - Spider-Man: Homecoming - Homemade Suit Version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
awesome cocoamonster! you will be proud to know i bought mark 47 :)

20180211_005458.jpg

Nice pics! The main selling point of this figure for me (vs. the tech suit) is the better ability to hold various fun poses while on display. To me, articulation is the key selling point of Spider-Man. He is such an agile hero so I'd love to capture that on my display.

Got this yesterday from Sideshow. I'm super careful of the eye lens no matter what the directions say.

It has been a week now since I put in my request with SS and still haven't heard anything back. I emailed them a follow up email, hopefully they'll respond. The eye thing has kind of made me stop messing with the figure until I know something. :-/

So how many people so far have had the eye issue? Isn't this supposed to be the less fragile version compared to the Stark Suite and the one we are less worried about "breaking"?

I had it with the left eye, right eye seemed fine. As the assembly is basically just a stalk that fits into a socket, I just glued it back in place and all seems fine now.

The problem with mine is that it's stuck all around the edges of the mask so I'd have to potentially damage the mask to get the stalk off in order to reglue it.

The problem with mine is that it's stuck all around the edges of the mask so I'd have to potentially damage the mask to get the stalk off in order to reglue it.

Ah... mine came out cleanly, so no issues on that. Can you separate it with a sharp knife, perhaps?

Got a response back from SS and they are saying that they believe that the lens will come off clean with the socket intact if I continue to attempt to take off the lens. :-/

Im sure they are wrong, I guess it wasnt clear that part of the socket is exposed in the picture.. They said that if I have any issues with it, to let them know by the 20th. When this potentially messes up the mask of my Spidey, I really hope that they will replace it at that point.

I got the majority of the parts for my Peter Parker kitbash. I got the body, most of the clothing to emulate one of his outfits from the movie (I still need the gray t-shirt underneath), and shoes. I still don't have the regular Tom Holland head sculpt, but I tried the kitbash out with the head sculpt from the homemade version to test everything out. I'm pretty happy with the results! I just buttoned up the shirt for now until I get the gray undershirt.

40157394641_33ed5ded77_k.jpg

28377194479_d81509c203_k.jpg

Super nice custom!! I haven't done any custom yet but i would love to kitbash a Peter Parker with that said would you mind sharing the parts you used for yours? As I've said super new to this any help would be very much appreciated =)

So I’m thinking about pulling the trigger on this bad boy, but before I do so I’m seeing there are issues with the eye socket?

Is this a wide spread issue ala Star-Lord neck staining level? Cause if that’s the case I guess I’ll wait it out until the issue is addressed.

I only remember seeing one member who broke an eye tab. I didn't think it was an epidemic. We're there a lot of people with the same problem that I missed? Mine are fine.

Back