1/6 Hot Toys - MMS414 - Spider-Man: Homecoming - Homemade Suit Version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spidey was delivered this afternoon from Sideshow! Honestly I love the figure I know its a really simple sweat suit but the articulation, the AMAZING ;) face sculpt and the accessories make this probably my favorite Spidey figure I own! I also just posted my video review if you want a little bit closer look at the figure!

Nicely done! :clap Tom Holland head sculpt is amazing.

Not sure if you want to sink any more money into it, but you can purchase a replacement box for $4.99 from Monkey Depot. It says it also includes the brown shipper. Not sure how much the shipping would be though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I appreciate the heads up there - 4.99 is crazy fair for a box. This one isn't bad enough to add more to the cost of the DX version but it's good to keep them in mind for sure. Thanks!

This figure shows why HT is far above all others on the top of the heap

Not even out of the box for 5 mins so be careful everyone. I already put in a claim with Sideshow.

IMG_1174.JPG
IMG_1178.JPG

Me too! I think I'm more excited for this one over the tech suit. Still need to list my TASM 2 spidey for sale as well

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

It’s a little bit of a bummer that you have to be careful you don’t wrinkle the tech suit by leaving it in a dynamic pose for too long but it seems like this guy won’t have this problem.

Was very happy to get my figure, was snapping some pics and had a similar problem as Steve74. I barely applied any pressure before the eye socket gave way and now the socket along with the lens is only being held onto the mask by the glue around the mask. The other eye socket works as intended, so this was unavoidable short of not trying to change the lenses on the figure.

3J73orM.jpg

Put in a claim with Sideshow, and I really hope they replace my head. Disappointed.

:(

Was very happy to get my figure, was snapping some pics and had a similar problem as Steve74. I barely applied any pressure before the eye socket gave way and now the socket along with the lens is only being hold onto the mask by the glue around the mask. The other eye socket works as intended, so this was unavoidable short of not trying to change the lenses on the figure.

3J73orM.jpg

Put in a claim with Sideshow, and I really hope they replace my head. Disappointed.

:(

Man that sucks..hope you get a replacement

How are they supposed to come off? I'm just starting to mess around with him, but am terrified of ripping his eyes out. I tugged on them a bit, but they seem firm. I'm not new to hot toys, but with a few of you having issues, I'm rethinking trying to eye swap

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Yikes! Hope you get a replacement. How exactly is it falling apart?

Mine ships from SS next week but I hope this isn’t a common issue.

The entire lens is supposed to kind off pop off when you pull straight back with enough pressure. There is a black eye socket that the lens connects to that’s supposed to be fastened to the head. I’m guessing it’s the eye socket that’s faulty since I didn’t apply enough pressure for it to have detached from the rest of the head the way it did. On mine that eye lens and eye socket are stuck together detached and floating, seemingly only attached by glue around the mask’s eye hole.

The lens on the other eye came out fine and I didn’t apply any more pressure than I did on the one that detached, so I would be careful. As much as we pay for these figures, it’s within reason to be able to use it as intended.

Thanks guys. I really hope SS has my back on this. I’m not new to Hot Toys and I wasn’t doing anything out of the ordinary.

Got it! I see what you’re saying. IMO it’s faulty construction. That socket should’ve been more secure. Crossing my fingers for you.

Thanks, I do too...hopefully SS agrees. I had bought Iron Man Mark 46 and that had a faulty on off switch on his light up arm and they replaced it no questions asked, hopefully I get the same treatment here.

Back