1/6 1/6: Hot Toys - MMS4??D20 - Iron Man 2 - Mark IV Diecast Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the main complaint about the MK2 was the lack of a full headsculpt. I doubt i would have used a HS even if it was included. My MK4 with Gantry arrived last night and i set it up, posed things a few different ways and admired it for a while then boxed it back up as i don't have a spot it right now. Awesome set i'm happy with it.

My only real complaint is the way they did the human sculpt inside the helmet was not screen accurate at all.

I can see that, but I’m never going to unmask it in my display. He looks awesome as a mech-samurai dude. [emoji12]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mama mia!!

e3b4ec1aae2ff6d768abde01abb994be.jpg

3c1c83c810715ab45ffa6305d4493573.jpg

75d13713726344d3da0a3239b3beb381.jpg

0551b99a44aaacad898eed0848ba4197.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beautiful pics!! Maybe one day I’ll buy this. Already have the mark 6 diecast which is pretty similar to this as far as suit design. Too much stuff on preorder right now :/ enjoy everybody!!!!!

What would you like to see changed on Whiplash? He was a home run figure in my opinion, still one of my favorites.

My Gantry set arrived yesterday. What a fun unboxing!!! Stellar set.

More accurate suit, better design on the harness/ make it more functional/ scaled and a more aggressive, action oriented head sculpt for racetrack scene recreation, and better whips with pose able wire in em

What would you like to see changed on Whiplash? He was a home run figure in my opinion, still one of my favorites.

More accurate suit, better design on the harness/ make it more functional/ scaled and a more aggressive, action oriented head sculpt for racetrack scene recreation, and better whips with pose able wire in em

Or in a word, everything. :lol

Just PO'd this from Sideshow. Couldnt resist the gantry!

Congrats on your purchase! My gantry set shipped today - can't wait to set this one up. :yess:

Great set...anyone have trouble removing the chest plate?? I wasn’t able to get mine off and just left it alone after a few tries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It may have been mentioned and I missed it, but has the version without the gantry been released yet? I have one final payment so I was just wondering...

This one brings back memories, since the Mark 4 was one of my first Hot Toys figures and one of the reasons I sought out this forum. Got the new release with the gantry, and I think it's awesome. Barring one aggravating too-tight battery container in the arm, it's a solid release for me. Did a review on it below.

This one brings back memories, since the Mark 4 was one of my first Hot Toys figures and one of the reasons I sought out this forum. Got the new release with the gantry, and I think it's awesome. Barring one aggravating too-tight battery container in the arm, it's a solid release for me. Did a review on it below.

Nice review. I also had an extremely tight screw for one of the arm battery compartments, but mine was on the left arm. I was about to give up, but eventually was able to get it some bite on it with a tiny flat head screwdriver. Took more time to remove that & find a replacement screw than it did to set up the gantry. :lol I also completely missed the fact that there are lights in the base. I was so eager to set this up I must have skipped right over that in the instructions.

Here's a quick pic of mine. I need to redo the lighting (i.e., add more & reposition them) where I'm displaying it - too dark right now.

gantry1.jpg

IM_DCs.jpg

Do you want Hot Toys or secondary? I found a couple of heads with Mk IV/Mk VI era collars on ebay no problem.
There's even this one
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Hot-Toys-mms123-Iron-Man-2-MARK-IV-Figure-Tony-Stark-1-6-Head-Neck/152894825496?hash=item23993de418:g:EzwAAOSwU91aeAbU
Genuine Hot Toys head, reputable seller. I've bought lots of figure parts from them. Never had a problem.

EDIT - Just reread your post and saw that you indicated DC. Most of what I found will probably only work for the slightly smaller plastic versions.

Nice review. I also had an extremely tight screw for one of the arm battery compartments, but mine was on the left arm. I was about to give up, but eventually was able to get it some bite on it with a tiny flat head screwdriver. Took more time to remove that & find a replacement screw than it did to set up the gantry. :lol I also completely missed the fact that there are lights in the base. I was so eager to set this up I must have skipped right over that in the instructions.

Here's a quick pic of mine. I need to redo the lighting (i.e., add more & reposition them) where I'm displaying it - too dark right now.

View attachment 427909

View attachment 427914

Thanks! I was close to making half that review video a rant on the screw....but I eventually calmed down. :gah:

Nice setup by the way!

Back