1/6 1/6: Hot Toys - MMS4??D20 - Iron Man 2 - Mark IV Diecast Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone tried putting the Mark L head on this? Does it fit?

I did try the XLVI head (since it's the same sculpt as the L) on this IV, it does fit in the neck socket but it won't really fit with the collar piece since that head a bit bigger than the IV's.

Hh2FDCE.jpg

I did try the XLVI head (since it's the same sculpt as the L) on this IV, it does fit in the neck socket but it won't really fit with the collar piece since that head a bit bigger than the IV's.

Hh2FDCE.jpg

Thank you!

Hh2FDCE.jpg

How bad does it look without the neck piece?

How bad does it look without the neck piece?

Hehe I took that pic a long while back and have them stored away :lol From what I can recall without the collar piece there's a slight gap but it may look like the neck is a bit longish (can be mitigated by tilting the head down). (But it didn't look too terrible to me.)

Hehe I took that pic a long while back and have them stored away :lol From what I can recall without the collar piece there's a slight gap but it may look like the neck is a bit longish (can be mitigated by tilting the head down). (But it didn't look too terrible to me.)

Thanks, going to order the sculpt and give it a shot.

4codz6axod961.jpg

Did the headswap that I was wanting, was actually able to get it without the gap in the collar so it worked out :)

Cautionary tale - if having difficulty swapping heads on this figure do not use the hairdryer method followed by the use of any foreign object to pry the Iron Man neck off. I thought I could get away with using one of the plastic implements they provide, I was wrong. The heated plastic became dramatically more susceptible to scratching and scuffing.

I've wrecked the neck. ****ing disgusted.

20220215_214311_resized.jpg

20220215_214327_resized.jpg

20220215_214419_resized.jpg

There's even a lesser mark on the other side of the neck I've not photographed. I think these marks would be hidden if I put the helmeted head back on but still this is ****ing annoying. All for the spontaneous whim of just wanting to see what the Stark head looked like on the figure.

*sigh* Didn't know there was a method.

I put the Iron Man head back on and the damage is mostly hidden thankfully. The most visible is the mark on the back of the neck. The high traps hide the rest.

I then tried the removal method you mentioned and yeah, it popped off - still with difficulty and an uncomfortable suddenness and sound.

But look, you live, you learn, you put your toys on the shelf and never touch the damn things again.

edit - oh and I tried the lights for the first time since I got the figure - batteries of course mostly dead. I took them out.

I then tried the removal method you mentioned and yeah, it popped off - still with difficulty and an uncomfortable suddenness and sound.
I apply gentle but steady pressure, it's more about finding the right angle.

(Prays that jye doesn't see that sentence.)

I also point the about-fly-off neck joint downwards into a soft landing somewhere.

I'm glad it wasn't my Mark VII, he's my keeper. Ultimately I'll hand this Mark IV off to my brother or something.

My Endgame Iron Man I'll sell at some point. I just put him back in his box - I don't think I ruined anything on that one :lol

When people are selling Iron Mans do they go to the trouble of putting all the foam back into all the joints and moving parts? I did for the shoulderpads but nothing else.

I'm glad it wasn't my Mark VII, he's my keeper. Ultimately I'll hand this Mark IV off to my brother or something.

My Endgame Iron Man I'll sell at some point. I just put him back in his box - I don't think I ruined anything on that one :lol

When people are selling Iron Mans do they go to the trouble of putting all the foam back into all the joints and moving parts? I did for the shoulderpads but nothing else.

Well when I box back up my Iron Man figs I do insert the foam back into the figure. Though it's a bit tricky remembering where they all go so unboxing videos are helpful :lol

Back