1/6 1/6: Hot Toys - MMS4??D20 - Iron Man 2 - Mark IV Diecast Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is it possible for joints to become loose while in storage? Took this guy out today and noticed one of his legs is loose at the hip. He was stored in the standard packaging and brown shipper in normal temperature conditions. I'm a bit confused honestly..

Yes - people always talk about Hot Toys quality but the truth is these things deteriorate very quickly. I have a bunch of mines in storage over the past ten years and am also baffled when I take one out of the box and find that joints or something else has worsened.

Reference still from IM2

fOUTF2G.jpg

I put myself on the waiting list for both the regular and the gantry version of the Mark IV. How long ago were these sold out? I wonder if I have a chance.

I put myself on the waiting list for both the regular and the gantry version of the Mark IV. How long ago were these sold out? I wonder if I have a chance.

Months ago for the standalone, unfortunately. I think the gantry set lasted longer by a matter of weeks or month+ though.

Darn. Though, who knows. Will hope.

People have been posting on here about getting on the waitlist soon after it started and seems like nobodies was fulfilled. I have zero idea why they keep the WL open for this armor, there's no way they have anymore.

Yes - people always talk about Hot Toys quality but the truth is these things deteriorate very quickly. I have a bunch of mines in storage over the past ten years and am also baffled when I take one out of the box and find that joints or something else has worsened.

I was looking at Justin's review of this figure and he was shocked that his Mark VI wasn't standing a bit loose. The ankles seemed to have loosened for no reason.

That's not too bad. Market prices were around 700-800 last month. Maybe you could ask for an additional discount and get it for 800 shipped or under.

Thanks BecauseBatman. Just checked EvilBay. They seem to be 800 - 1000 this month though you're right it was 700-800 last month. Unfortunately, I couldn't get a lower price from the seller so bit the bullet.

I actually just wanted the non-gantry version or the Mark VI. But the latter is going for $600-$700 now (insane!) and the Mark VI is going for the crazy prices of $800+.

I felt less ripped off getting the gantry version as it's closer to the original price.

Thanks BecauseBatman. Just checked EvilBay. They seem to be 800 - 1000 this month though you're right it was 700-800 last month. Unfortunately, I couldn't get a lower price from the seller so bit the bullet.

I actually just wanted the non-gantry version or the Mark VI. But the latter is going for $600-$700 now (insane!) and the Mark VI is going for the crazy prices of $800+.

I felt less ripped off getting the gantry version as it's closer to the original price.

Awesome find! The gantry set is friggin' amazing!

I was doing some dusting today, and found the gantry collects quite a bit of dust! :horror It's mostly the base that gets dusty, it took me a bit of time to remove dust but even then it's tricky to get under and around the panels lol

Congratulations!

Where'd you get this? I've been on the hunt for this for a while. Mind sharing what you paid?
Thanks! I got it on eBay. I offered $800 and they countered with $825. From what I've seen recently that appeared to be the best I was gonna do.

Thanks! I got it on eBay. I offered $800 and they countered with $825. From what I've seen recently that appeared to be the best I was gonna do.

Ya I've been watching ebay, but what hurts is the tax. Plus there are flaky sellers that never respond.

Glad you got it! I'm patiently waiting.

What a grail!

Ya I've been watching ebay, but what hurts is the tax. Plus there are flaky sellers that never respond.

Glad you got it! I'm patiently waiting.

What a grail!
Yeah the tax is killer. I miss the days of no tax and coupons being a thing..

Good luck on your hunt!! :hi5:

Just picked up a new diecast mark iv with gantry, likely arrive after Xmas now but great way to start 2021.

Back