1/6 Hot Toys - MMS378D17 - The Avengers: Iron Man Mark VI Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We saw one way back in July ... would be nice to see more, of course.

d63f549de6c51cc5f3be0c4894f13695.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This figure looks incredible ! Just preordered . I have the first battle damaged version and to this day it's still my favorite iron man figure . I was going to skip this and wait for a Diecast mark vii but I can't miss out on this . The marK Vi is my favorite suit .

Exactly! Even if you don't want a figure that doesn't mean you have to complain that it was released. Just admire the work put into the figures and the amazing collections that people can build and only buy the figures that you really want. I can't wait until someone has every HPP armour so I can see them all together.

Some people get angry about remakes of figures they own which I kind of get, as I'm a bit worried about the possibility of a diecast mark 7 that could be better than mine. But I think it's a little bit selfish for me to not want that figure remade, as it would give an opportunity for people who missed out to get that suit, and also let people who are willing to pay again upgrade to the new version. Plus I could still enjoy seeing how awesome the new one is while knowing I still have the original.

Personally, I hope they actually do a diecast Mk 1 Iron Man...or 3.0 if you will....I had the 2.0 and it was great, but then I sold it...Plus, I'd like to see HT tackle the flame effect for the flamethrower again...The one on the 2.0 was too heavy and didnt fit into the thing on his arm all that great...

My top 3 suits are the MK3, 43, and WM MK1...and I too was never big big on the 6. I know that there are HUGE fans of that suit. But it really has grown on me. Watched the clips from film and design pictures....I am a big fan of the more robotic or industrial looking IM suits and the 6 is definately that. I don't like the way the suits are going...so I stepped back into the past and went for a suit that really fits what I like in an IM suit.

I agree with you on alot of this...While the Mk 45 suit is awesome looking, I think someone hit it on the head when they said it had more of an "organic" look about it...Rather than looking like a suit that is metal and machine...And truth be told, I was not the biggest fan of Avengers: AOU...I actually liked CW better...Not that my like/dislike for a movie determines if I will like the figure, just saying...

22b4a57de4245d53e36469c8f3537ea6.jpg

Can't wait for this figure! I think it will be an awesome package.

I just decided to use my $140 in rewards to preorder this guy. Don't have any Iron Man figures yet but I have WM Mk3 and the 46 on order and the anticipation for both of those is giving me Iron Man fever. I think I will also preorder the Mk V now after watching Iron Man 2 for the first time since it came out. I actually liked it a lot more now in context of the larger Marvel universe that has since been established. Although I still don't know how Whiplash knew ahead of time that Tony was going to drive his own race car and be on the track.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I just decided to use my $140 in rewards to preorder this guy. Don't have any Iron Man figures yet but I have WM Mk3 and the 46 on order and the anticipation for both of those is giving me Iron Man fever. I think I will also preorder the Mk V now after watching Iron Man 2 for the first time since it came out. I actually liked it a lot more now in context of the larger Marvel universe that has since been established. Although I still don't know how Whiplash knew ahead of time that Tony was going to drive his own race car and be on the track.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What about a war machine Mark 1 to go with the 6? Or are prices prohibitive now?

I don't know if he knew stark was going to be racing.. maybe he just wanted to make a scene to draw him out? I've never thought about that.

What about a war machine Mark 1 to go with the 6? Or are prices prohibitive now?

I don't know if he knew stark was going to be racing.. maybe he just wanted to make a scene to draw him out? I've never thought about that.

Yeah, I'm keeping an eye out for a reasonable price for the Mk 1 War Machine but I can live without it, I know it's a big figure with lots of accessories but I always thought the design was a bit plain, especially compared to the Civil War suit. I'm thinking of the VI as the Avengers version anyway. We'll see.

Yeah I thought the movie held up really well but that one part really stuck out to me as an "Honest Trailer" type logic flaw, where Tony impulsively decides to go down to the track and drive his own car, but Whiplash was already down there in disguise waiting for him? Weird.

Im thinking since he was dressed as a worker, he was probably watching Stark and saw him replace the original driver.

Yeah, I'm keeping an eye out for a reasonable price for the Mk 1 War Machine but I can live without it, I know it's a big figure with lots of accessories but I always thought the design was a bit plain, especially compared to the Civil War suit. I'm thinking of the VI as the Avengers version anyway. We'll see.

Yeah I thought the movie held up really well but that one part really stuck out to me as an "Honest Trailer" type logic flaw, where Tony impulsively decides to go down to the track and drive his own car, but Whiplash was already down there in disguise waiting for him? Weird.

Oh I definitely agree that the mark 3 is more interesting, and even though I own the diecast 1, and the 3 probably won't get to me for 2 weeks, I still think I'm going to prefer the 3. I just know that I'm really excited about displaying the 6 & 1, 42 & patriot, 45 & 2, and 46 & 3 all together.

I recently got sucked into HT collecting and quickly realized that Iron Man could be my downfall unless I limited myself. After a lot of deliberation I picked this one as my "one and only Iron Man" (wish me luck). I like the traditional color scheme, the amount of accessories, the nice base, and the fact that it plays a big role in the movies. The 46 was another candidate, but in the end it seemed a little too organic/modern for my taste--I prefer this more classic look. I hope I made the right decision! Now the wait begins...

I recently got sucked into HT collecting and quickly realized that Iron Man could be my downfall unless I limited myself. After a lot of deliberation I picked this one as my "one and only Iron Man" (wish me luck). I like the traditional color scheme, the amount of accessories, the nice base, and the fact that it plays a big role in the movies. The 46 was another candidate, but in the end it seemed a little too organic/modern for my taste--I prefer this more classic look. I hope I made the right decision! Now the wait begins...

tumblr_o0nasd3VMF1ulweq0o1_500.gif

Good luck! This is also my favorite armor and would be my one and only if it came down to that.

Back