1/6 Hot Toys - MMS378D17 - The Avengers: Iron Man Mark VI Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's awesome info Motux. All of it sounds good. And in all honesty I'm not a fan of the ab flap on the Mk45. It does allow for better ab crunch but it just makes me more nervous it'll catch the wrong way and snap off if I'm not super careful with it. For that reason I'm glad it doesn't sound like they're going with that for the Mk6.

I actually don't know if the 46 will have it. However, at this point, and this is just a guess on my part, I'd lean toward yes. The current 46 Proto is based largely on the 45 Proto. And since the 45 Proto was altered (meaning they didn't like it or whatever other reason) to include it...id say there's a good chance it has it. Unless they completely redo the 46 which honestly could happen as in screen it's much smaller then the 45. I'll see if anyone knows, or will tell me if they do. Lol

Oh I said Mk6, not 46 lol. Sorry to confuse you. Yeah I remember you saying the 46 is pretty much the same as the 45. It's not a big deal if it has the flap, it just means I need to be extra careful playing with the torso.

I'm also assuming that they are going to do a DieCast Mark 7. I think I may wait for that actually

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh I said Mk6, not 46 lol. Sorry to confuse you. Yeah I remember you saying the 46 is pretty much the same as the 45. It's not a big deal if it has the flap, it just means I need to be extra careful playing with the torso.

Oops. Not your fault. Lol I'm an idiot. Reading and walking and typing and walking...not the best idea. I even ran into a wall already. Lol

Oops. Not your fault. Lol I'm an idiot. Reading and walking and typing and walking...not the best idea. I even ran into a wall already. Lol

Gotta be careful man if you go down we're losing a great resource to this event. Don't wanna hear about a SS freak on the news for knocking down a 1/6 Giant Man and destroying the only unrevealed CW Spider-Man proto in the process :lol

Honestly I'm conflicted right now. Before Civil War was released I was pretty determined to wait for a Mk 6 DC release. However CW's MK46 made such a huge impression on me that I'm now stuck deciding between these 2. Now I'm only prepared to purchase one so I guess I will just wait for the reviews before taking the plunge :slap

Honestly I'm conflicted right now. Before Civil War was released I was pretty determined to wait for a Mk 6 DC release. However CW's MK46 made such a huge impression on me that I'm now stuck deciding between these 2. Now I'm only prepared to purchase one so I guess I will just wait for the reviews before taking the plunge :slap

Just put away like $1.50 a day and get both lol.

a083b4c04b7d421b13d682c452c41608.jpg

Another picture of the Mark 6

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The biggest downside on the Mark VI is there is no Stark sculpt. That's why I'm sticking with the Mark XLVI. Other than that the arsenal the Mark VI comes with and the blue lights are really nice...

The biggest downside on the Mark VI is there is no Stark sculpt. That's why I'm sticking with the Mark XLVI. Other than that the arsenal the Mark VI comes with and the blue lights are really nice...

Ummm, yes there will be a Stark sculpt... (top left square...)
13701035_10153674357067344_7557593908615787906_o.jpg

I mean an unhelmeted one guys.

Makes sense, I guess one reason they didn't do that is because they are trying to balance it so it can be displayed as an IM2 or Avengers figure (despite being boxed as A1) so in IM2 he is shown only wearing the helmet till right at the end (when the suit is even more damaged than this figure) while in Avengers he has a decent amount of time without the helmet but his hair etc is very different in those movies.

If they had given us it as an option my vote would have gone for an updated Avengers sculpt and then I would have picked up an "Arc Creation" HS for IM2 (still might assuming the methods Budget Stark has used before on other figures can be done with this version).

I mean an unhelmeted one guys.

Fair enough, although very few Iron Man figures come with a completely unhelmeted Stark sculpt to consider it a "downside" that the VI doesn't come with one. The only reason the Mark XLVI does is because of the way the helmet operates in the film no longer using the face plate flipping up but rather having the whole helmet fold up somehow and disappear behind the back of his neck. Of course you can prefer the Mark XLVI because of the unhelmeted Stark sculpt, but a helmeted Stark sculpt in that case wouldn't have been true to how the helmet worked in the movie. So that's not really a function of what HT is offering but how the armor is portrayed in the film. There have been only one or two others I think that came with an unhelmeted Stark sculpt, but most come with a helmeted one and a few (like several HPP) with no Stark sculpt at all.

I think there were 3; Mark IV (both regular and the Secret Project), the Avengers Promo Mark IV and the Mark VII.

I think if we were to see another full head Stark from the DC upgrades it would be with the IV (which may mean it could be used on the VI) or the VII.

I think there were 3; Mark IV (both regular and the Secret Project), the Avengers Promo Mark IV and the Mark VII.

I think if we were to see another full head Stark from the DC upgrades it would be with the IV (which may mean it could be used on the VI) or the VII.

Lol, exactly what I was going to say. But I was going to add that since the Avengers MP Mk. VI had the unhelmeted sculpt, it would have made sense for HT to include with this remake since it's being released under the Avengers license not the IM2. Either way is fine with me, I've got plenty of headsculpts to go around!

Looking at the Avengers Promo version of VI makes me wish the DC one came with an additional unhelmeted sculpt too, but not instead of the helmeted one.
PD1338787248lvQ.jpg

Back