1/6 Hot Toys - MMS378D17 - The Avengers: Iron Man Mark VI Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That picture of him holding the helmet at his side is my favorite and would be how I would've displayed the movie promo Mk6 or this one for that matter if it came with an unhelmeted sculpt.

Question about the OSK head, does anyone else feel that it's a tad too big? I don't have one on hand, but based on pictures and videos I've seen, the head looks a touch too big even when on an armor. BUT, I have never heard anyone say the same thing so maybe it's just me?

The only head i saw on onesixkit is iron man 3 tony stark.

Yeh I looked for the head on there but couldn't find it, also does anyone have a source for the neck wraps as I have seen a couple of people mention picking them up over the various threads?

a083b4c04b7d421b13d682c452c41608.jpg

Another picture of the Mark 6

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I love the base on this it's fantastic. :clap

I am not too familiar with the Iron Man versions, but I've always liked the mark VII because of all of the extras. However, after seeing the mark VI, this seems to be just as good, plus it's die-cast. I am hoping that they won't release a mark VII soon after releasing the mark VI.

Can any Iron Man aficionados explain the differences between the mark VI and the mark VII besides the triangular Arc Reactor.

I am not too familiar with the Iron Man versions, but I've always liked the mark VII because of all of the extras. However, after seeing the mark VI, this seems to be just as good, plus it's die-cast. I am hoping that they won't release a mark VII soon after releasing the mark VI.

Can any Iron Man aficionados explain the differences between the mark VI and the mark VII besides the triangular Arc Reactor.
There's more armor on top of the shoulders of the mark 7.
image.jpegimage.jpeg

I'm not sure what there is to "explain", they are just two different designs, but they of course do share some design elements. I just googled comparison shots and found this one, maybe it will help...
9211792804_6a01925a35_b.jpg

There's more armor on top of the shoulders (on the MkVII).

Yea, that's true, and I think those shoulder parts detach on the VII as well, like when the missiles are gone or something. Also the silver plates on the thighs detach, as well as the panel up on the sides of the rib cage. The VII has some variation and options when it comes to its look.

The Stark head by OSK is either slightly too big or the original IV was slightly too small. Either way it looks great. I have one on my Mk IX at the moment. The neck wrap stretches kind of tight around the thicker neck, but still works and looks fine. OSK is now selling neck wraps and inner neck adapters for the head making it a better fit for some and more universal.
Main difference between VI and VII include, back thrusters eliminating the need for palm thrusters to hover, more, heavier weapons, and it was the first suit that didn't need mechanical assistance to get on and off.
Ryan

I didn't know that about the mark 7 that my biggest issue with it is the shoulders being to big.

I didn't realize it either until after the figure came and gone. I didn't really like that look either, but would have gotten it if I paid more attention that those parts were detachable. Here is a pic without the shoulder parts, thigh parts, and rib panels I found googling for images...
hot-toys-avengers-iron-man-mark-vii-final-product-33.jpg
If I owned the figure, that may be how I would display it, though without the battle damage chest piece.

If I wanted battle damage I would want the battle damaged figure, that looks awesome (again without the shoulders and thigh armor and rib plates...
PD1364986345OYt.jpg
I really like the battle damage one, wish I hadn't missed it.

I didn't realize it either until after the figure came and gone. I didn't really like that look either, but would have gotten it if I paid more attention that those parts were detachable. Here is a pic without the shoulder parts, thigh parts, and rib panels I found googling for images...
View attachment 282006
If I owned the figure, that may be how I would display it
That looks a lot better but I'll still lean to the mark 6 I really like the triangle arc reactor and shoulder pads seem a bit smaller as well.

That looks a lot better but I'll still lean to the mark 6 I really like the triangle arc reactor and shoulder pads seem a bit smaller as well.

Yup, I hear you. I pre-order the VI, and I have the III. so those are a pretty good representation of classic Iron Man for me. The VII looks really cool, but I am not chasing an after market one. We'll see if I am tempted by one when they get around to doing a Diecast.

Yup, I hear you. I pre-order the VI, and I have the III. so those are a pretty good representation of classic Iron Man for me. The VII looks really cool, but I am not chasing an after market one. We'll see if I am tempted by one when they get around to doing a Diecast.
I wouldn't mind getting a mark 3. Is the mark 7 the one he used at the end of the Avengers?

I wouldn't mind getting a mark 3. Is the mark 7 the one he used at the end of the Avengers?

I like my Mark 3 very much because it reminds most of the classic comic armor.
Yes, the Mark 7 is his second armor in Avengers, the one he got after he was thrown out of the window by Loki and used in the battle of NY.

Perhaps this isn't the proper thread to ask, but does anyone have pictures of the OSK head on their armors? Only asking because I want to have an unhelmeted headsculpt for this (albeit this is so far away and other options may present themselves before then). But the OSK really looks like the 1/4 scale it's amazing.

Back