1/6 Hot Toys - MMS378D17 - The Avengers: Iron Man Mark VI Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMSD17 - The Avengers: Iron Man Mark VI Collectible Figure

In the pic they appear pink with red glow anyways. How you pulling that one off?

Maybe light pink, not straight up magenta. They look closer to white than the color they used. The red color does mostly come from the glow though, I can't think of a way to pull that off without making them glow... Maybe at some point they'll figure out a way to make them light up. I'd rather have that than the magenta lasers I'll never use... I'd actually use them if they lit up. Put a small LED under the port the lasers go into. I know it's not that simple, but it would probably be the easiest way. If they can get all the lights on Mk 46 to work without sacrificing articulation, i'm sure they could pull off glowing laser beams at some point. And even if they didn't light up, i'd still rather them be red.

Last edited:

I'm going to buy it anyway, but it doesn't look like there is rotation in the torso/ab section. Looks like there is some lateral ab crunch, but no rotation. Oh well, still amazing.

I'm going to buy it anyway, but it doesn't look like there is rotation in the torso/ab section. Looks like there is some lateral ab crunch, but no rotation. Oh well, still amazing.

I would be surprised if it doesn't have it. The Proto does. Seen it firsthand. And the original does. Why they would not on the production I can't imagine.

I don't think they've ever done just the crunch on it's own. The torso area most likely does rotate and if you look at this photo you can see that the abs extends out as well. Be weird if they end up not adding rotation to this one.

up_9.jpg

Yeah I don't get why people always assume limited articulation based on a couple of static pictures. And why they assume a new figure or updated figure has less articulation then older ones. Don't get that

I caved and ordered this. I have the DC Mark 3 and love it, and expected it to be my sole IM armor. I just love this armor too much to pass on it, especially in diecast.

Yeah I don't get why people always assume limited articulation based on a couple of static pictures. And why they assume a new figure or updated figure has less articulation then older ones. Don't get that

Guess it depends on how many IM figures people have. I don't own any. This and War Machine Mk1 2.0 will be my first. The DC MK3 had limited trunk articulation, and I don't know all the articulation points on the original Mark 6. The reason I made the assumption was because the torso doesn't look rotated (crunched in a couple positions, but not rotated) in any of the promo pics. Wasn't slaggin the figure, I'm getting it anyway, and lack of torso rotation wouldn't stop me from buying it. I'm just keeping my own expectations in check.

Thanks for all the pics from the SHOW!

No need to worry at all. The Mark III was a poorly received one off in regards to its torso articulation, or lack thereof.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

I love that they're continuing with the gauntlets attached to the hands. I like that much more than them being a separate piece.

Even if I don't end up getting this, I'm so happy it exists. It's awesome to see photos of all these figures and I can't wait to see them in store displays. Just knowing that this figure and the diecast war machine mark 1 are actually a thing is awesome, and I'm pumped to see dioramas of the scene between them and the diecast whiplash mark 2 recreating one of my favourite scenes in a marvel movie.

Even if I don't end up getting this, I'm so happy it exists. It's awesome to see photos of all these figures and I can't wait to see them in store displays. Just knowing that this figure and the diecast war machine mark 1 are actually a thing is awesome, and I'm pumped to see dioramas of the scene between them and the diecast whiplash mark 2 recreating one of my favourite scenes in a marvel movie.

That's essentially how I feel about all the figures HT makes. I don't plan on buying much beyond 3-4 IM and a WM, but it's really fun to see what they come out with and the type of collection people build. I'll never understand why individuals get mad that certain figures or armors are being released. I don't plan on buying a single HPP (SC is tempting though) but I hope they all get made because that would just be awesome to see.

That's essentially how I feel about all the figures HT makes. I don't plan on buying much beyond 3-4 IM and a WM, but it's really fun to see what they come out with and the type of collection people build. I'll never understand why individuals get mad that certain figures or armors are being released. I don't plan on buying a single HPP (SC is tempting though) but I hope they all get made because that would just be awesome to see.

Yeah I've never understood that either.

Exactly! Even if you don't want a figure that doesn't mean you have to complain that it was released. Just admire the work put into the figures and the amazing collections that people can build and only buy the figures that you really want. I can't wait until someone has every HPP armour so I can see them all together.

Some people get angry about remakes of figures they own which I kind of get, as I'm a bit worried about the possibility of a diecast mark 7 that could be better than mine. But I think it's a little bit selfish for me to not want that figure remade, as it would give an opportunity for people who missed out to get that suit, and also let people who are willing to pay again upgrade to the new version. Plus I could still enjoy seeing how awesome the new one is while knowing I still have the original.

Yeah from my perspective re-makes are great. I'm a new collector. Missed a lot of great stuff. It's really nice to simply have a chance to own an armor I loved in the movies without having to backtrack, pay secondary market prices, and worry about condition. The fact that engineering, paint, sculpting, and all of that has improved comes 2nd in all honesty. And whether they're diecast or not doesn't really matter to me, but I realize that diecast is the catalyst for re-making these original Marks.

I think what I'm most excited for now (beyond getting the Mk46, Mk6, and WM Mk1) is the fact that there has to be an inevitable diecast Mk4. In turn, I think that really gets the ball rolling for the rest of the HoA suits.

Because some people are bitter, angry people who love to inflict their unhappiness on others. If they don't like something, they honestly can't figure out why others would. I admit, I've done it too. Mine is directed at Justin Bieber.
Ryan

Pre-ordered this. Also got one mark vi old diorama base so I can display this figure properly with WM and Whiplash.

Back