1/6 Hot Toys - MMS378D17 - The Avengers: Iron Man Mark VI Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMSD17 - The Avengers: Iron Man Mark VI Collectible Figure

Which is why I am swinging more virulently anti diecast with every release, its just a $80-$100 tax to me. Shotgun looks just as metallic in pure plastic and it can still handle flying poses. The fact that all the recent re releases and "core armors" have been in diecast is probably what has utterly killed my interest in the scale. So yeah I'm done spending over $300 on a 1/6 figure.

1/6 Hot Toys - MMSD17 - The Avengers: Iron Man Mark VI Collectible Figure

That's another thing...the price. I mean I guess it is justifiable, but the prices are justifiably ending my collecting. I'm lucky I got my red Iron Man for an IG88 (2 weeks before the SS re release preview)...the prices are making it a very hard hobby to keep up with. My next 3 pieces will be very expensive (1/4 Vader, Stormtrooper and the second DeLorean) ...but I can justify them as I'm a huge fan of each character. If you can justify it, love the character, want an awesome Iron Man than do it. I mean HT is always getting better at their craft (better engineering, likeness etc)so I'm assuming the price reflects that. I just don't know how the IM completists do it. Never ending!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

since im in CA, $360+tax+ship...i might FINALLY be priced out here.

since im in CA, $360+tax+ship...i might FINALLY be priced out here.

CA resident here as well. This is a grail armor for me so I'm glad it's being made now and not 5+ years from now. Don't even want to think of prices for IW Mks. I honestly think I'm done after this armor. The only 2 armors that could potentially make me change my mind would be a Mk1 3.0 and if they somehow make an armor that better represents the Bleeding Edge than the Mk46 in IW1/2.

CA resident here as well. This is a grail armor for me so I'm glad it's being made now and not 5+ years from now. Don't even want to think of prices for IW Mks. I honestly think I'm done after this armor. The only 2 armors that could potentially make me change my mind would be a Mk1 3.0 and if they somehow make an armor that better represents the Bleeding Edge than the Mk46 in IW1/2.

This and the mark 3 are the ones I really like. Unless the new suits are good looking I'm happy with this one.

I can imagine Hot Toys telling collectors "Well, isn't that what most of you were willing to pay for all-plastic, pink-panty, less accurate 6-year old Mark VI anyway?"

For real i almost gave in many yrs ago when i started this hobby ( mk5 my 1st), i was ok with paying 340 on ebay. And believe it or not that was considered a good going price at the time for aftermarket ht figs. The mk1 war machine i nearly bought on ebay for the same. So yeah 360$ for a brand new, redesigned superior version of the mark 6 and war machine mk1 i am down with.

Edit: I know it sounds weird but i can;t resist that triangle rt shape :lol

I've never been a fan of the triangle RT but since I have already pre-ordered the DC WM Mk1 as my grail war machine, I figured this guy could accompany him well. Plus, the amount of extras we're getting hearkens back to the DX lines. This will be my one true Iron Man figure, with a couple of the HPP armors that I really like and at least the one War Machine. Oh, and the Sub-zero Mk. VII just because it's different

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

Paint is gorgeous. Any electroplating at all? The gold and silver definitely look much different than the previous Mk6 iterations (can't speak on Shanghai version).

Gorgeous figure, I love the weathering. Lets's hope it transfers over to production, I'm always skeptical of these things now since I heard Igor was toned down so much.

Price wise, yeah these things are getting ridiculous. I'm hoping there's only 2 movie armours left (IW Part 1&2) and then no more Iron Man appearances. It's the only way I'll stop buying them.

Gorgeous figure, I love the weathering. Lets's hope it trandfers over to the production, I'm always skeptical of these things now since I heard Igor was toned down so much.

Price wise, yeah these things are getting ridiculous. I'm hoping there's only 2 movie armours left (IW Part 1&2) and then no more Iron Man appearances. It's the only way I'll stop buying them.

Possibly a Homecoming armor as well... and we all know how he loves to bust out 2-35 armors per movie lol.

Paint is gorgeous. Any electroplating at all? The gold and silver definitely look much different than the previous Mk6 iterations (can't speak on Shanghai version).

No electroplating and this armor should not have any. The mk45 had unique paint. And the Midas figure is different as well. This has the same paint, more or less, a the Shanghai.

No electroplating and this armor should not have any. The mk45 had unique paint. And the Midas figure is different as well. This has the same paint, more or less, a the Shanghai.

Interesting. I thought the Shanghai paint looked different but could never find quality pics of it. Thanks for the info.

I have some somewhere I took of mine. But it looks like this. The red is about the same but extra coats. But the silver is much darker

Just FYI-keep in mind the production figure will most likely not be as well done weathering wise. This is a hand painted item by a master painter. Production piece will not be

image.jpegimage.jpeg

Man, I really wish these wait times weren't so long.. I know they come in handy for people who find the payment plans helpful.. I'd prefer more of a 6 month wait between reveal/live preorders to the figure getting to my house. But hey, at least it's actually happening. It just sucks thinking that these might not reach the U.S. until 2018.

Just FYI-keep in mind the production figure will most likely not be as well done weathering wise. This is a hand painted item by a master painter. Production piece will not be

View attachment 281515View attachment 281516

As long it has some I'll be happy not a fan of the clean look.

Yeah I personally wish the production Mk45 had the same amount of weathering as one of the earlier prototypes. Still got a great figure but I do prefer the extra attention taken to nice weathering.

I like the base on this. I know some were mentioning how it's not the actual size but this is a very tastefully done representation of that and looks like a much more classy base for this figure as opposed to another pile of rocks.

It's definitely the polar opposite of getting Scarlet Witch NA within a couple of months of the official reveal and listing.. :lol

Back