1/6 Hot Toys - MMS378D17 - The Avengers: Iron Man Mark VI Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMSD17 - The Avengers: Iron Man Mark VI Collectible Figure

c85172eef63b4ae236386ba01da36fda.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Instant PO for me, haven't gotten this one yet. Looks too badass to pass up.

It kinda sucks they recycled the forearm lasers from mk45, those are PINK!!!

And it's over a year away. They could be blue by the time we see it release. They just reused what was already around instead of make new ones just for a con

Just for the con, didn't think about that. Hmm well any color but pink will be an improvement. Pink is for gundams.

And it's over a year away. They could be blue by the time we see it release. They just reused what was already around instead of make new ones just for a con

Why would they be blue?

18cad85cbc324efb6571d004ee53fd69.jpg

No reason, I was just being a ****. Just pointing out that this is a very early prototype and there's no reason to make new laser effects when you have spares sitting around.

Last edited:

No reason, I was list being a ****. Just pointing out that this is a very early prototype and there's no reason to make new laser effects when you have spares sitting around.

Haha, I see... Yeah I'm not worried about that this early... I'd probably never use them anyway.

Me either.

In the pic they appear pink with red glow anyways. How you pulling that one off?

Are Diecast figures to heavy for the flight stand?

Technically yes. They can tip or break the rod/strip the post screw. However...that problem was solved with the mk45. It has a heavier base, and a rod with twice the threads. So it can support the weight. But I've used older fly stands with DC figures, you just have to balance and counter weight...and check it every now and then

But best bet is use the mk45 stand.

Technically yes. They can tip or break the rod/strip the post screw. However...that problem was solved with the mk45. It has a heavier base, and a rod with twice the threads. So it can support the weight. But I've used older fly stands with DC figures, you just have to balance and counter weight...and check it every now and then

But best bet is use the mk45 stand.
Thanks. So this base looks to light if they add the post.

As I per-ordered this I thought to myself how unpredictable the timing of this business seems to be. There have been rumors for a long time, but within a day or so of seeing an actual prototype the MarkVI goes up for pre-order, meanwhile other revealed prototypes get revealed and sit for months or even longer before going up for pre-order (some may never even make it to that).

So insainley excited for this. PO'd last night. This guy has been my dream figure for a while, very impressed with pretty much every aspect of this. Pumped I got the limited, going to be a loooooong 14 months! :rotfl

I PO'd as well. I think this guy looks amazing. It's brutal having so many figs go up for PO at the same time with exclusives attached to them. Had to prioritize so I didn't have $200 in deposits paid on figures coming out in 12-15 months. Figure this guy will be the first to sell out so I went with him and Doc. Will wait until seeing Suicide Squad before deciding on those.

Think the paint scheme will be similar to the 45, all reflective?

Think the paint scheme will be similar to the 45, all reflective?

No. The 45 has a unique paint scheme on screen, so the figure matches.

I actually liked the paint work of the 45. The chromatic nature of the paint is mesmerizing. Was kind of hoping it would be implemented on this as well but if it ain't then it's not a loss for me.

Back