1/6 Hot Toys - MMS378D17 - The Avengers: Iron Man Mark VI Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I go back and forth on my favourite Iron Man -- the definition of waffling. You really can't trust what I say. :lol

That being said, the current favourite is Mark VI. I like it better than 46/47 because the colour blocking is very clean and it looks more mechanical, and it finally edged out the IV because I've noticed that the colour scheme actually makes it look bulkier than the IV, to my eyes.

It also helps that he had a lot of great lines and did some epic stuff in this armour across two movies. Before he became angst-ridden and fully paranoid (albeit for good reason all things considered).

I loved watching superheroes meet each for the first time in Infinity War, loved how epic Endgame was, but those films make me appreciate Avengers that much more. :lecture

(And I always thought IM2 was a lot of fun).

I go back and forth on my favourite Iron Man -- the definition of waffling. You really can't trust what I say. :lol

That being said, the current favourite is Mark VI. I like it better than 46/47 because the colour blocking is very clean and it looks more mechanical, and it finally edged out the IV because I've noticed that the colour scheme actually makes it look bulkier than the IV, to my eyes.

It also helps that he had a lot of great lines and did some epic stuff in this armour across two movies. Before he became angst-ridden and fully paranoid (albeit for good reason all things considered).

I loved watching superheroes meet each for the first time in Infinity War, loved how epic Endgame was, but those films make me appreciate Avengers that much more. :lecture

(And I always thought IM2 was a lot of fun).

Exactly why the 6 is my close second. First team up with war machine, reindeer games etc.

Tony: "Does mother know you weareth her drapes?"

Jarvis: "Power at 400% capacity"
Tony: "How 'bout that?!"

Tony has the best lines and nicknames for everyone xD

cc4675c61da3a9d0dde1a4105e457b4e.jpg

4d564123a9f7f8563b429c8c65ff59f0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still an amazing figure.
Really love it especially paired with WM MK1 and Whiplash MKII.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking for shoulder piece that is highlighted in yellow. If you have an extra PM with what you are asking for it.

Mark IV or Mark VI should work.

Mark IV2res.jpg

Does anybody else notice a plasticky smell from this figure? Mine seems to be giving one off a bit. I don't see any issues with it but when I open the detolf I can catch a whiff of it a bit. Thanks.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

Does anybody else notice a plasticky smell from this figure? Mine seems to be giving one off a bit. I don't see any issues with it but when I open the detolf I can catch a whiff of it a bit. Thanks.

Just from what I've read about plastics/plastic use in collectibles sounds like u have a bit of off gassing. Here's a link to a simple explanation:monkey3:

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41529-019-0080-7
In this paper, we discuss plasticiser losses from plastics and rubbers, losses which lead to inferior product properties, bleeding and eventual pollution of the surrounding environment. The loss to the surrounding gas phase occurs through diffusion inside the material to the surface and through evaporation from the surface. The loss is either diffusion- or evaporation-controlled, where the former usually occurs at high temperatures and the latter at low temperatures. In the evaporation-controlled mode, a film of plasticiser is often formed at the surface, which is indicated by a linear loss with time, at least over a certain time period. In addition to the temperature, the actual mode that dominates depends on several factors, including the plasticiser and polymer characteristics, product geometry and specific environment. The fact that the plasticiser diffusivity is plasticiser concentration-dependent can lead to a shift in the loss-mode (from diffusion to evaporation control) at otherwise constant conditions.

Srsly if u are in moderate climate area and using usual collector care (figs kept cool-ish, dry and out of direct sunlight etc.) IMO u'll be fine. But off-gassing and plastics reacting with each other in sealed conditions is why I'm a big fan of getting figs out of boxes or at least not storing air tight. I've heard of collectors sealing gaps in display cases with weather stripping or other, but I like to leave small gaps in mine - keep that air gently circulating (too much drying affects plastics/rubbers too).

Just from what I've read about plastics/plastic use in collectibles sounds like u have a bit of off gassing.

Srsly if u are in moderate climate area and using usual collector care (figs kept cool-ish, dry and out of direct sunlight etc.) IMO u'll be fine. But off-gassing and plastics reacting with each other in sealed conditions is why I'm a big fan of getting figs out of boxes or at least not storing air tight. I've heard of collectors sealing gaps in display cases with weather stripping or other, but I like to leave small gaps in mine - keep that air gently circulating (too much drying affects plastics/rubbers too).

Yes, doing what Sassafras mentions is the way to go to minimize off-gassing and its effects. If you've ever wondered why the inside of your car's windshield always gets clouded up with a build-up of film, that's due to off-gases from your dashboard. I've even noticed some on the inside of my Detolf doors after a while, but nowhere close to the same amount.

Yes, doing what Sassafras mentions is the way to go to minimize off-gassing and its effects. If you've ever wondered why the inside of your car's windshield always gets clouded up with a build-up of film, that's due to off-gases from your dashboard. I've even noticed some on the inside of my Detolf doors after a while, but nowhere close to the same amount.

I was wondering how the hell anything built up on the inside of a detolf like that.

Ok, thanks! We moved about a year ago and my Mk VI was in box for a number of months; that's probably why. I have it in a detolf with gaps so should be ok.
Thanks!

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

My IW Thanos was the worse out of all my figures that had off-gasing. It was really strong, I actually left the door open for a few days on my curio to let air circulate.

Back