1/6 Hot Toys - MMS378D17 - The Avengers: Iron Man Mark VI Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just received my gantry from the waitlist. Question for those of you that already have it - did it come with a Hot Toys shipper? Mine arrived in a generic brown shipper box that had a white sticker on it with the model number of the figure. No Hot Toys markings of any kind on the outside. I'm guessing this may have been a return. I opened it up and the figure box had a small dent on one of the corners. The figure and gantry themselves appeared ok and all the plastic and foam protectors are still on the figure. I'll do a more thorough inspection this weekend to be sure. Just curious what others have seen with theirs.

Mine came with a Hot Toys shipper. It may very well have been a return. You can easily tell if the gantry has been used if you look at the plastic gantry parts that connect to the base or with each other. The fit is kind of tight in some areas and when you disassemble the gantry after assembling, paint will inevitably rub off at a connection spot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine came with a Hot Toys shipper. It may very well have been a return. You can easily tell if the gantry has been used if you look at the plastic gantry parts that connect to the base or with each other. The fit is kind of tight in some areas and when you disassemble the gantry after assembling, paint will inevitably rub off at a connection spot.

Thanks for the tip. I did a quick check of those areas, and there was no rub off that I could see. No parts missing. The figure itself looked fine to me. The only thing wrong is a dented corner of the art box. I've never been much of a purist in that regard, so I'm ok with it.

Thanks for the tip. I did a quick check of those areas, and there was no rub off that I could see. No parts missing. The figure itself looked fine to me. The only thing wrong is a dented corner of the art box. I've never been much of a purist in that regard, so I'm ok with it.

As long as it is in tact i wouldn’t worry about it. It’s already worth atleast what you paid retail, even opened.

I’ve been on a big Iron Man kick lately, catching up with some of the comic runs and re-visiting older films.

The now ‘classic’ marks rule. These guys are like Adi Granov illustrations come to life.

43068860db33e2068b63cb3b9196c40f.jpg

Wish I'd never sold my VI...silly, silly man.

I *did* sell it when I thought I would just keep the IV — but I got it back before prices went completely ballistic.

Old friend of mine just bought one for a grand and to be honest, I’m not entirely 100% sure I wouldn’t have done the same. He had buyer’s remorse on an aftermarket XLVII but not this one.

*edit: I’m glad I pre-ordered the VII — was on the fence at the time but it feels like the right decision now.

All of the Mark I-VII remakes will be test of time collectibles for years to come. If they just get their **** together for 1-3 you have a pretty unbeatable representation of the genre.

Preach!!

I’m not a completist so I won’t get the 1, 2 and 3 as they stand because I feel as if they’re inferior to
marks 4 through 7, but if re-done to that standard they’d get my money and my shelf space.

I finally got my mark VI. Preorder Mark VII and Mark IV on waitlist. I also preordered the 1/4 Mark III.

Trying to get Mark V DC but o man....crazy$$$ .....just gonna wait for reissue i guess if ever *hoping*

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

I finally got my mark VI. Preorder Mark VII and Mark IV on waitlist. I also preordered the 1/4 Mark III.

Trying to get Mark V DC but o man....crazy$$$ .....just gonna wait for reissue i guess if ever *hoping*

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

I'm on the waitlist for the mark iv because my plastic one is faded. I'm going to keep my plastic mk 7 because surprisingly it's still perfect and I dont pose that much so I dont need the xtra articulation.

All of the Mark I-VII remakes will be test of time collectibles for years to come. If they just get their **** together for 1-3 you have a pretty unbeatable representation of the genre.

The 3 is my least favorite. I don’t have it anymore and can’t get myself to repurchase. Atleast the paint on the 2 is good and the AB section has articulation.

I'm on the waitlist for the mark iv because my plastic one is faded. I'm going to keep my plastic mk 7 because surprisingly it's still perfect and I dont pose that much so I dont need the xtra articulation.

If you're happy with the plastic VII more power to ya, but it's not just articulation -- proportions, paint and finish are greatly improved on these releases. They have more bulk to them, which to me is the most important thing.

I have the MARK VI, XLV and the L and I have to say the MARK VI might be my favorite.

Have the same ones! I'm torn about which one being my favorite. Fell in love with the Mk45 when it came out and it still might be my fave. If only HT maybe did Mk50 better with regards to the thigh/leg gap... The torso to legs transition on the 45 is so smooth, it makes me sad when I look at the 50 :(

Have the same ones! I'm torn about which one being my favorite. Fell in love with the Mk45 when it came out and it still might be my fave. If only HT maybe did Mk50 better with regards to the thigh/leg gap... The torso to legs transition on the 45 is so smooth, it makes me sad when I look at the 50 :(

mark 45 is my favorite with the 42 a very close second.

Back