1/6 Hot Toys - MMS378D17 - The Avengers: Iron Man Mark VI Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tell me it's worth it..haha. I have the original but the proportions on this look way better.........and diecast.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I’ll tell you it’s worth it in a few days mine just charged today. I guess you could always go with the drunk suit mark IV but to me this is the one to have.

Tell me it's worth it..haha. I have the original but the proportions on this look way better.........and diecast.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

If you got it for retail, it's worth it.

If you paid ~$500 aftermarket, it's still worth it.

Was Watchin one under 5 on eBay earlier today now it’s sold. Get one now before havin to pay more if u really want it. And yes, it’s worth it even above 5.

Its a nice figure but damn that diecast tax, I'd certainly rather hold out and spend ~$500 on the eventual 1/4 scale version- which I imagine will be a sure thing as they a) will never stop making Iron Man stuff, and b) can easily double dip Mk4/6 like with 42/43.

Its a nice figure but damn that diecast tax, I'd certainly rather hold out and spend ~$500 on the eventual 1/4 scale version- which I imagine will be a sure thing as they a) will never stop making Iron Man stuff, and b) can easily double dip Mk4/6 like with 42/43.

I think people were just saying if he wanted this figure he might want to grab it sooner rather than later. Also, I imagine the 1/4 scale Mark 6 might run closer to $650 shipped..so you might be waiting a very long time for ~$500 aftermarket on a figure that hasn’t even been announced.

In other news I just got my tracking! Thankfully it’s UPS and not fedex.

Hope everyone got their Iron Man today in good condition...

Mine arrived, couldn't be happier. So heavy... yet so delicate... makes me nervous every time I have to pick him up. Still getting used to everything. Overly cautious at this point. Incredible craftsmanship on this figure. I can see why everyone says its the best. But everything seems to work smoothly -- elbows and knees don't require much effort. The neck post doesn't have much give but the head itself seems to have plenty of positioning power. Love that the shoulders have so much mobility now.

The only trouble I seem to be having is with the feet -- it says you can slightly lower the feet, but I swear no matter how hard I pull I don't feel any give on the feet. I also fear he'll tip over given enough time on the shelf. I wish the feet could "lock"... or can they? Is there a trick I'm missing?

COMP 1.jpg

Hope everyone got their Iron Man today in good condition...

View attachment 415177

Congrats to you on 1 day shipping but no, I’m on the East Coast and mine’s not scheduled to arrive til Monday.

It’s even more insulting what SSC charges for shipping when you realize they use ghetto/economy UPS. USPS priority would be much faster and is under $20 even across country.

If its any consolation, I get charged what you get charged and I'm 20 miles away from them. :lol

A dollar a mile yikes that definitely wouldn’t work for me over here.

I do feel better not paying that CA sales tax.

Yeah I usually wait for deals on most figures (like you), but after missing out on the 46 I definitely had to grab this iconic one.

I’m still trying to figure out if HT is misjudging demand or just driving home higher pricing by starving the market a bit.

Diecast WM 1 went super quick and Mark 5 as well although they may have shut down the Mark 5 due to QC issues.

Sometimes I think HT holds a few pieces back for their own little eBay side business.

Yeah I usually wait for deals on most figures (like you), but after missing out on the 46 I definitely had to grab this iconic one.

I’m still trying to figure out if HT is misjudging demand or just driving home higher pricing by starving the market a bit.

Diecast WM 1 went super quick and Mark 5 as well although they may have shut down the Mark 5 due to QC issues.

Sometimes I think HT holds a few pieces back for their own little eBay side business.

What is wrong with the Mark V?

Congrats to you and everyone else just getting the VI, didn't know people were still waiting for it to ship. Great figure!

What is wrong with the Mark V?

Congrats to you and everyone else just getting the VI, didn't know people were still waiting for it to ship. Great figure!

Nothing wrong with the Mark 5, but it seemed like there were lots of little issues requiring replacement parts or returns. I think sometimes HT does a 2nd run or mini run when demand is high, but maybe if there are issues they shut it down.

I could be wrong it’s hard to tell what they’re up to sometimes.

I had gotten in the habit of waiting on figures and saving 20-30% or more but that trend has definitely changed with recent marvel releases...probably due to so much success with Spider-Man, BP, and the most recent Avengers movie.

Was Watchin one under 5 on eBay earlier today now it’s sold. Get one now before havin to pay more if u really want it. And yes, it’s worth it even above 5.
Yea, I had my eye on that one too. Next time I see it for under 5 im pulling the trigger in a heartbeat.

Back