1/6 Hot Toys - MMS378D17 - The Avengers: Iron Man Mark VI Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd likely keep it on my desk to screw around with. Not much else good for it.

Given that Sideshow has ordered more exclusives, but the regs are all sold out... good chance the reg is more valuable in time than the Ex.

That said, none of this crap will be worth much in 20-30 years, or whenever you guys think you're "cashing in". The stuff that will be valuable is all the stuff you passed on that nobody wanted. Like Mandarin.

Given that Sideshow has ordered more exclusives, but the regs are all sold out... good chance the reg is more valuable in time than the Ex.

That said, none of this crap will be worth much in 20-30 years, or whenever you guys think you're "cashing in". The stuff that will be valuable is all the stuff you passed on that nobody wanted. Like Mandarin.

You're right, its the figures that dont sell oddly that are worth the most in the long run. Odin and mandarin are going to be super popular 10 years from now, hot toys are never making those again.

I was speaking more as an intrinsic or sentimental value (ie. I’d personally rather have a complete figure than part out a piece of it for a bit of cash).

But you’re right, no doubt some folks see this figure as a big investment being a popular suit.

Especially with the crazy aftermarket prices on some Iron Man figures.

I’m in the buy it if it makes you happy crowd, as I think most folks here are. Like Wor-Gar said, you never know what these things will be worth way down the road if anything.

Oh man, never buy these things as "investments", just buy them 'cause you like 'em. I'd go for the regular, but I just can't pass up a free extra goodie, even if there's no real use for it...

I have 2 DC and 2 plastic promo Mk6s... "just in case"...

Kind of a waste of money, but it makes me happy knowing I have a fresh one of each. Reminds me of how I used to double/triple up on sneakers if I really liked them, except HTs are WAY more expensive and should stay a lot cleaner since I don't plan on walking on them :lol

Just received my Mark 6 & it indeed is such a gorgeous figure! I have a little defect just above the left bicep that I’d like to ask about though...it looks to me like it’s some kinda dirt that’s trapped within the final paint coat (since it’s raised)..do you guys think it’s just that, or is it something more serious? Like rust..:horror

EE53C87D-0320-4C39-B4EF-BD9E66144CA7.jpeg

yeah alot to think about- wait five years from now and the "what is hot and what is not" will be the key. If 1/6 collectng implodes HT will take the hardest hit- and when I say implodes I mean interest lost- ala baseball cards and stamp collecting:lol Glad I sold my Dr Strange and WM diecasts- in a couple years these might be much cheaper and i got a huge amount for them.

yeah alot to think about- wait five years from now and the "what is hot and what is not" will be the key. If 1/6 collectng implodes HT will take the hardest hit- and when I say implodes I mean interest lost- ala baseball cards and stamp collecting:lol Glad I sold my Dr Strange and WM diecasts- in a couple years these might be much cheaper and i got a huge amount for them.

There’s a big market for baseball cards. Just not what people think of who collected in the late 80s and 90s. I encourage people to look up Topps products and stuff from the best MLB players. Big money, much bigger than 1/6 scale figures. That’s one of the reasons I switched. Easier to collect Hot Toys than Prospect cards of Mike Trout, Bryce Harper, etc...

You’re right though. Nobody can tell what the future holds. But I don’t think based off trends that 1/6 market is shrinking. Opposite is true.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There’s a big market for baseball cards. Just not what people think of who collected in the late 80s and 90s. I encourage people to look up Topps products and stuff from the best MLB players. Big money, much bigger than 1/6 scale figures. That’s one of the reasons I switched. Easier to collect Hot Toys than Prospect cards of Mike Trout, Bryce Harper, etc...

You’re right though. Nobody can tell what the future holds. But I don’t think based off trends that 1/6 market is shrinking. Opposite is true.

Bubble always burst though. At some point it will for 1/6. Yes sports cards are expensive for a lot of them. But the market has shrunk immensely. Comics bubble burst. Even though the rarest stuff is bringing more and more money. Statue market shrunk after being huge for a bit. Just the way it is. Bubble always pops at some point.

I went ahead and did payment plan for EX. I'm hoping this will be my last Hot Toys Iron Man, period--not planning to get Mark 50 as $400+ MSRP for 1/6 is the last straw for me.

Bubble always burst though. At some point it will for 1/6. Yes sports cards are expensive for a lot of them. But the market has shrunk immensely. Comics bubble burst. Even though the rarest stuff is bringing more and more money. Statue market shrunk after being huge for a bit. Just the way it is. Bubble always pops at some point.

:exactly:
The secret is to sell when the demand is highest!

I used to collect cards in the late 80s and early 90s, but it seemed like it was becoming too much of a niche market with the specialty releases so i quit. I just couldnt justify the price of a pack which was inflated mainly because it had a .000001 chance of a jersey card.

Back