1/6 Hot Toys - MMS352 - Terminator Genisys: Endoskeleton Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the teeth look like he just got done eating peanut brittle and forgot to brush

Do you think the jaw is movable or are we stuck with the gap between the upper and lower teeth?

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Terminator Genisys: Endoskeleton Collectible Figure

in my post i meant star wars.
as for fighting droids, time terminal, and endoskeleton - they were just cheapened versions of original artwork made by Cameron. Centurion shrunk and got comics guns, but the worst thing was done with the time machine: instead of a giant complex machine it turned into a shiny chamber creating Christmas bubbles.

original was a vast, really giant territory with floors going to sides, opening a void, where several rings formed a sphere - and that sphere went down into the void, where the actual process of time displacement happened, presumably hold in a sphere form by giant magnets, like a plasma inside a magnet trap, and anyway filled with actual computers and machines that formed the process of time travel.

t2_concept39.jpg

T2_Skynet_Time_Displacement_Chamber.jpg

t2_concept42.jpg

what was that thing in Gynysys? insides of a golf ball? and all people stayed there in one space with a sphere that had no reason and explanation to be a sphere and have any borders. that time machine is like something from Teletubbies, yet it is stolen from the original concept.

sygdc8e6zxvcqpvs6lno.jpg

they took Cameron's work and shoved it up viewers' asses. and viewers liked it cause it looked like absolutely similar to all other avenger/ironmen/transformers stuff: shiny, metal, meaningless.
what was it? just a sphere of some field. why was it there? is energy field doing anything by itself? no, it doesn't. where is the machine? they made only a shell and said that it is a pistol. the only thing a sphere does is contains a person inside. all the work should be done by surrounding devices, the machine itself, which is absent in Gynysys.

===========

found a nice addition on a terminator-related board:

(TDE - time displacement equipment)

I get it. You didn't like the movie or the designs, which incidentally are not identical but created to live in the same Terminator world as the original. But there of us that do like it and that is why we are on this thread. So, please don't troll us just because we like it, okay.

The spider droids are way cool as well and I like the upgraded endoskeleton. I wish the spider droids had more screen time. I sure hope Chronicle or Hot Toys does the spider droid. Has anyone heard if Chronicle has green lighted doing the droid? I think I may email Chronicle to see about the droid.

I get it. You didn't like the movie or the designs, which incidentally are not identical but created to live in the same Terminator world as the original. But there of us that do like it and that is why we are on this thread. So, please don't troll us just because we like it, okay.
there was a discussion about design differences and whether they were to better or worse.

nobody discussed your design, be cool.

Last edited:

There wouldn't be a Terminator Genisys without the original Endo, which I liked (still like). I happen to favor the new version of the endoskeleton. I wasn't prepared to like it more than the original, but I do.

t800_and_tgenisys.jpg

The original Terminator 2 T-800 (left), which is totally impressive and the new Genisys one (right) which is a slightly evolved version.

I'd love for Hot Toys to do the TX Terminator.

I love the classic endo but this one got my attention as a representation of the endoskeleton concept because of the chrome paint. Especially this pic.

up_12.jpg

I prefer the more squared shoulder area on the T1 Endo but otherwise this Genisys version is great. Haven't seen the movie, though—perhaps if I do, the trauma will put me off the figure

I prefer the more squared shoulder area on the T1 Endo but otherwise this Genisys version is great. Haven't seen the movie, though—perhaps if I do, the trauma will put me off the figure

I would say don't bother watching it, the movies pretty awful as a whole to be honest but if its any consolation the only thing good about it is the scenes with the endoskeletons.

I would say don't bother watching it, the movies pretty awful as a whole to be honest but if its any consolation the only thing good about it is the scenes with the endoskeletons.
which is ridiculous because endoskeletons are infiltrators and still new before the end of the war, unlike everything since T3 shows them (infiltrators without disguise, warning everyone of their existence). including Gynysys aka comics crap.

Il be picking one of these up, it's awesome looking with a great paint job. Genisys or not it's still gonna look great along side my dx 13.
Saying that tho-if they do a new t800 with this level of paint, il be selling it on eBay and picking that up.
Either way it's a good thing that we're gettin it, in my opinion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I finally got around to watching the movie and there were plenty of nerdgasm moments when it came to cool terminator battles, everything else was a mess

it had everything you'd want in a terminator movie action wise but the characters and dialog were cringeworthy

Yeah I remember coming out of the cinema after watching Genisys and feeling quite angry, probably by the way they had cocked about with the story. I got home & put on my T1 DVD and felt a lot better again.

Yeah I remember coming out of the cinema after watching Genisys and feeling quite angry, probably by the way they had cocked about with the story. I got home & put on my T1 DVD and felt a lot better again.

The problem i had with genisys was the same and the acting especially by Emilia Clarke was awful. She was just running through her lines with no emotion or proper acting ability. I found her in particular hard to watch. Jai Courtney as Reese was alright as an actor in it i think but the pacing throughout the movie was terrible and like most movies nowadays they didn't take time to break the movie up into segments. It was just like one big long action scene. The arnie moments were cringeworthy especially the thumbs up after sarah kills the terminator and the smile in the van to Reese. It felt like they were paying homage to T2 in trying to make him more human but it just came across as a lame effort to mimick the Edward Furlong Arnie relationship in T2. As i said the action scenes were good especially the scenes with the endos in it but overall the movie was poor. In the pecking order imo it comes in last of all the terminator movies, its worse than Terminator 3 and Terminator Salvation and definitely not near the level of T1 or T2.

Last edited:
The problem i had with genisys was the same and the acting especially by Emilia Clarke was awful. She was just running through her lines with no emotion or proper acting ability. I found her in particular hard to watch. Jai Courtney as Reese was alright as an actor in it i think but the pacing throughout the movie was terrible and like most movies nowadays they didn't take time to break the movie up into segments. It was just like one big long action scene. The arnie moments were cringeworthy especially the thumbs up after sarah kills the terminator and the smile in the van to Reese. It felt like they were paying homage to T2 in trying to make him more human but it just came across as a lame effort to mimick the Edward Furlong Arnie relationship in T2. As i said the action scenes were good especially the scenes with the endos in it but overall the movie was poor. In the pecking order imo it comes in last of all the terminator movies, its worse than Terminator 3 and Terminator Salvation and definitely not near the level of T1 or T2.

I could have written this ^ exactly how I felt.

Il be picking one of these up, it's awesome looking with a great paint job. Genisys or not it's still gonna look great along side my dx 13.
Saying that tho-if they do a new t800 with this level of paint, il be selling it on eBay and picking that up.
Either way it's a good thing that we're gettin it, in my opinion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hear ya, this will be displayed with my DX13's. I love the look

The banner picture ^ is making me want this. :slap Other than my SS skull I'm currently endoless.

2) people survived not in nuclear blasts but in other territories. there are spaces (and not only countries) on earth other than US or former USSR which were destroyed in the attack, you know. it's also widely mentioned in the novelization. the southern hemisphere should even remain able to give crops. US territory is used as a battleground with Skynet which resides there. that's where the US flag in T3 is ridiculous while in original texts it was specifically mentioned that it was the first really united nations army without flags or borders, and it's a pity that only a common threat made it possible.
of course, in T3 and later on all earth was covered with numerous blasts instead of just two attacks from two countries... but they just said "who needs that nerdish realism" for every aspect of every second of every movie starting with T3, thus lowing it to marvel standarts.

Cameron had a universe worked deeply enough to have no flaws that cannot be outrighted using only his own material already put there.

ha, just like i said: ommited future battle scenes description:

THE BATTLE. Human troops in desperate combat with the
Machines for possession of the dead Earth. The humans are
a ragtag guerrilla army, made up mostly of troops from
Southern Hemisphere countries... Africans, South
Americans, Australians. The survivors of the nuclear war
between the Northern Hemisphere super-powers. This is the
reality of the post-Apocalyptic world. North of the
equator we all die.

We hear radio chatter in Spanish, interspersed with
Swahili and other African languages. The occasional
Aussie unit can be heard.
The humans use RPG launchers, plasma-pulse battle rifles,
and home-built armored personnel carriers.

Skynet's weapons consist of the massive ground HKs (tank-
like robot weapon-platforms) flying HKs, medium weight
four-legged gun-pods called Centurions, the humanoid
Terminators in various forms (600, 700, and 800 series),
and small, fast-crawling kamikaze units called Silverfish
that look like 5' long chrome centipedes. The Silverfish
snake into gun emplacements and explode.

https://www.terminatorfiles.com/media/scripts/t2_omitted_scenes.zip

Back