1/6 Hot Toys - MMS352 - Terminator Genisys: Endoskeleton Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Terminator Genisys: Endoskeleton Collectible Figure

it's just a cheap, overdetailed, marvel-styled-weapons version of original terminator centurion hunter-killer.

latest

arac_box_top_S.jpg

arac_instructions_S_2.jpg

^maybe but I still think it looks cool. No designs will ever compare to T1 or T2. Not in endoskeleton design or Hunter Killer designs. That being said, over designs are not complete garbage IMO.

attachment.php

look at its legs. why are all the joints and hydraulics so thin, numerous and exposed? it's a battle robot for cleaning out heavy resistance points. instead it is just a little robot stolen from Doom III.

sentrybot.jpg

look at his guns. why are there 5 of them on each side, all of them different? was it more effective? no, he didn't even use them in the movie for any good outcome.
that's all bull from engineering point of view, those details are there just to be there, to flash in the eye, like MB transformers.

1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Terminator Genisys: Endoskeleton Collectible Figure

attachment.php

look at its legs. why are all the joints and hydraulics so thin, numerous and exposed? it's a battle robot for cleaning out heavy resistance points. instead it is just a little robot stolen from Doom III.

sentrybot.jpg

look at his guns. why are there 5 of them on each side, all of them different? was it more effective? no, he didn't even use them in the movie for any good outcome.
that's all bull from engineering point of view, those details are there just to be there, to flash in the eye, like MB transformers.

Yes! Over design is a big problem with a lot of modern sci fi.

Last edited:

The redesigned Endo has a similar problem. It looks more vulnerable than the original with a lot more exposed hoses - just to be fancy. There's no reason they wouldn't be internalised.

Well if we are going with realism, then the entire future war idea in Terminator would be a mute point as even the people who survived the nuclear blasts by hiding in bomb shelters etc would die soon after returning to the surface from radiation. It would make the surface uninhabital for more than 50 years with no food source possible from crops or animals.

So....tell me again about design flaws on these robots that make them unrealistic LOL

So....tell me again about design flaws on these robots that make them unrealistic LOL
1) about engineering and who does it - Cameron, being a physisist and an engineer, or somebody else just throwing details in. first one gives "realism". so think again about design flaws and why the less there are, the better the overall appearance.
this is Gynysys designs:

latest

2) people survived not in nuclear blasts but in other territories. there are spaces (and not only countries) on earth other than US or former USSR which were destroyed in the attack, you know. it's also widely mentioned in the novelization. the southern hemisphere should even remain able to give crops. US territory is used as a battleground with Skynet which resides there. that's where the US flag in T3 is ridiculous while in original texts it was specifically mentioned that it was the first really united nations army without flags or borders, and it's a pity that only a common threat made it possible.
of course, in T3 and later on all earth was covered with numerous blasts instead of just two attacks from two countries... but they just said "who needs that nerdish realism" for every aspect of every second of every movie starting with T3, thus lowing it to marvel standarts.

Cameron had a universe worked deeply enough to have no flaws that cannot be outrighted using only his own material already put there.

p.s. LOL (c)

Last edited:
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - Terminator Genisys: Endoskeleton Collectible Figure

HI-RES Photos

up_1.jpg

up_2.jpg

up_3.jpg

up_4.jpg

up_5.jpg

up_6.jpg

up_7.jpg

up_9.jpg

up_10.jpg

up_12.jpg

up_13.jpg

1) about engineering and who does it - Cameron, being a physisist and an engineer, or somebody else just throwing details in. first one gives "realism". so think again about design flaws and why the less there are, the better the overall appearance.
this is Gynysys designs:

latest

2) people survived not in nuclear blasts but in other territories. there are spaces (and not only countries) on earth other than US or former USSR which were destroyed in the attack, you know. it's also widely mentioned in the novelization. the southern hemisphere should even remain able to give crops. US territory is used as a battleground with Skynet which resides there. that's where the US flag in T3 is ridiculous while in original texts it was specifically mentioned that it was the first really united nations army without flags or borders, and it's a pity that only a common threat made it possible.
of course, in T3 and later on all earth was covered with numerous blasts instead of just two attacks from two countries... but they just said "who needs that nerdish realism" for every aspect of every second of every movie starting with T3, thus lowing it to marvel standarts.

Cameron had a universe worked deeply enough to have no flaws that cannot be outrighted using only his own material already put there.

p.s. LOL (c)

Yes, true.

absolutely serious. there was only one thing worse than plot, directing and acting there: designs.

then why did they give him a deep square hole with closed borders on his forehead? :)
and no they don't look alike.

attachment.php

0bb4aa7bed672c4325ff425062db756a.jpg

The movie was a bit disappointing in parts, but the art direction/designs were fine in my opinion. The fighting droids, time terminal, etc. and endoskeleton were fantastic.

I get that it doesn't live up to the original, but Terminator Genisys is hardly a disappointment. I laugh when a quality effort like this gets chalked up to be a Porky's 2 level movie. It's not obviously. The writing suffered in this movie, but it's far from a subpar effort. I just don't get why people trash a creative effort like this. Maybe it's not the best, but it's so far from the worst.

The movie was a bit disappointing in parts, but the art direction/designs were fine in my opinion. The fighting droids,time terminal, etc. and endoskeleton were fantastic.
in my post i meant star wars.
as for fighting droids, time terminal, and endoskeleton - they were just cheapened versions of original artwork made by Cameron. Centurion shrunk and got comics guns, but the worst thing was done with the time machine: instead of a giant complex machine it turned into a shiny chamber creating Christmas bubbles.

original was a vast, really giant territory with floors going to sides, opening a void, where several rings formed a sphere - and that sphere went down into the void, where the actual process of time displacement happened, presumably hold in a sphere form by giant magnets, like a plasma inside a magnet trap, and anyway filled with actual computers and machines that formed the process of time travel.

t2_concept39.jpg

T2_Skynet_Time_Displacement_Chamber.jpg

t2_concept42.jpg

what was that thing in Gynysys? insides of a golf ball? and all people stayed there in one space with a sphere that had no reason and explanation to be a sphere and have any borders. that time machine is like something from Teletubbies, yet it is stolen from the original concept.

sygdc8e6zxvcqpvs6lno.jpg

they took Cameron's work and shoved it up viewers' asses. and viewers liked it cause it looked like absolutely similar to all other avenger/ironmen/transformers stuff: shiny, metal, meaningless.
what was it? just a sphere of some field. why was it there? is energy field doing anything by itself? no, it doesn't. where is the machine? they made only a shell and said that it is a pistol. the only thing a sphere does is contains a person inside. all the work should be done by surrounding devices, the machine itself, which is absent in Gynysys.

===========

found a nice addition on a terminator-related board:

Steven Burg (T2 designer): "Jim always said it (TDE) should look like it took all of the energy on the planet just to send one person back in this thing" (Making of T2 book 1991)

(TDE - time displacement equipment)

Last edited:

Dont hate me P. , but think I am going to preorder this guy :wink1:

yeah HT did a superior job there compared to their old skeleton, looks like the guy who made Robocop stuff was given this task too. an amazing attention to engineering details.

^I do appreciate your point of view P. and enjoy the discussions. I don't take things personal. So as Kam Veitch said don't hate me P. but I'm probably going to get a couple of these LOL.

P. I'm sure it hasn't escaped your attention that this Endoskeleton seems to favour the infamous ''firehose'' pose with that gun. :lol And it did in the movie aswell.

a-dev.
1) why would i care what it does? they also have ninja spiders and fat humans ("kyle"), so what.
2) it was already so in T3.

8632832_8.jpg

3) terminator in T2 had to aim carefully to hit no humans, and his weapon had massive recoil that had to be compensated by putting the weapon in front of the body. those plasma weapons don't seem to have any significant recoil.

Last edited:

3) terminator in T2 had to aim carefully to hit no humans, and his weapon had massive recoil that had to be compensated by putting the weapon in front of the body. those plasma weapons don't seem to have any significant recoil.

Good rationale.

I wasn't taking a jab at you or anything, merely saying ''hah! Look, it's the firehose Terminator''

you of all should have known that it is applicable only to majorly ignored by everybody yet very important about the character correct posing of an exact character. firemen hold firehoses like firehoses, so what :)

Back