1/6 Hot Toys - MMS347 - Deadpool (2016) - Deadpool Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I noticed today that the knee pad on his right leg has lifted off on the left side... I'm not super worried about it, but it still sucks. He's been stood museum pose the entire time I've had him.

IMG_3908_1_1.jpg

I noticed today that the knee pad on his right leg has lifted off on the left side... I'm not super worried about it, but it still sucks. He's been stood museum pose the entire time I've had him.

I have that also - only on the left leg, at the left side there's two small curves on the kneepad where it hasn't been glued down properly, only had him in a standing pose also, no bent legs - I imagine it can just be glued down but it would need a specific tool to place the glue there.

Just frustrating how many small QC issues there are with every bloody Hot Toys. I get it, they're all handmade - but with stuff like this it just comes down to paying attention, and if they think it's okay then lower the price. Because I'm pretty sure most people factor into the price point of these the fact that everything should be as it is supposed to, and not have all these problems.

I have that also - only on the left leg, at the left side there's two small curves on the kneepad where it hasn't been glued down properly, only had him in a standing pose also, no bent legs - I imagine it can just be glued down but it would need a specific tool to place the glue there.

Just frustrating how many small QC issues there are with every bloody Hot Toys. I get it, they're all handmade - but with stuff like this it just comes down to paying attention, and if they think it's okay then lower the price. Because I'm pretty sure most people factor into the price point of these the fact that everything should be as it is supposed to, and not have all these problems.

I'm a big proponent of "you get what you pay for" which is WHY I buy these particular things. I want the amazing product, but it's not as if we have no idea what we're dealing with. They give you BOOKLETS with these figures telling you exactly what you can and SHOULD NOT do. I also recall seeing disclaimers or warnings or whatever about the nature of these figures in other places, how the figures we get are never to-the-letter of the images they release (and in a lot of cases Thank GOD. Look at the rips in the wrists of the Deadpool promo pics alone!). We are fully aware how these ARE handmade and sometimes....things happen. If it's something big, it's not like they they don't make good on it. They do. How many replacements did the reviewer ClipperKing get? And he actually modded the wrists to try and fix them and he still got replacements IIRC. How many people have had major issues, reported it and replacements were sent out? That's right....everyone that had a big issue - I'm talking actual issue of serious damage in production, not reckless posing/playing - replacements were given. I have yet to hear a single report with a serious damaging issue out of the box on this figure and they were told "too bad, so sad, kthnxbye". My point here is that there IS a process to rectify the situation if something is seriously damaged or missing out of the box that is beyond our control.

I don't have the huge disposable cash a lot of you guys have to buy a slew of these things every year, sometimes every MONTH! I got very lucky that my wife had the money put aside for this figure throughout the year and my son was awesome enough to get me the Civil War Captain America for Christmas, so if there's big issues - and I was openly scared my wife and I's Deadpools would have issues - it really sucks.....but I'm confident SS would have replaced it for us. Even just standing on your shelf......I have had to put a small dab of glue on 3 pouches since I got mine last Thursday. The glue simply stretched and came undone and the pouches opened up slightly. Nothing to do with posing, nothing to do with handling, just.....happened. My Boba Fett is a SIDESHOW one, and the 2 sets of pouches on each side of his belt were completely undone on one side right out of the box, and I had to glue them back down several times because of the fake leather gluing to the fabric. His knees don't bend. I've posted asking for advice a few times and got some great ones, but I'm paranoid I might break it. So all of his poses are straight legged which really blows. And again, this is the Sideshow 6th scale from a few years back and this was my VERY FIRST 6th scale figure! So it's not just Hot toys.

TL;DR - We do need to be realistic and in some cases responsible for what happens with our figures. They're expensive, handmade, limited edition and while they are - by definition - action figures, they're not meant to be treated like a $6 G.I. Joe. Sometimes there will be small issues to deal with right out of the box, through handling and posing, with age just standing there minding it's own business. If it's that much of a bother, just avoid buying any of them in the future. We're all aware of what we're getting ourselves into. Maybe if people stop buying / getting refunds and stating Quality Control, they'll step it up.

J

TL;DR - We do need to be realistic and in some cases responsible for what happens with our figures. They're expensive, handmade, limited edition and while they are - by definition - action figures, they're not meant to be treated like a $6 G.I. Joe. Sometimes there will be small issues to deal with right out of the box, through handling and posing, with age just standing there minding it's own business. If it's that much of a bother, just avoid buying any of them in the future. We're all aware of what we're getting ourselves into. Maybe if people stop buying / getting refunds and stating Quality Control, they'll step it up.

J

I fully agree with you. I get frustrated with figures from a lot of different companies that promise one thing and deliver another. I don't view these as toys even if they are labelled as such. They are very much art to me. I treat them as statues with the added benefit of being able to re-pose from time to time.
I used to buy a lot of Hot Toys etc. but now I have set a specific criteria on how I choose to buy figures that has severely limited my purchases in the last couple years. I used to buy like a figure a month now it is probably closer to 3 a year. If I don't like how a figure turned out or it has issues I either cancel or return it. If it is figure of a character I love but it has issues I learn to live with it or mod it to my liking. If I know I won't be able to fix it to my liking then I sell it because there is always someone else who will appreciate it more than myself. I have also gone as far as giving figures away to others who would appreciate it more than myself. I always send feedback to companies either in the forums or on their Product Support pages etc. They either choose to take my notes and comments to heart or not but it is always better to try to let them know how you feel about their products directly. That being said I don't think I have ever gotten a 1/6 figure from any company that was completely flawless. There is always something to alter or repair or oil or tighten. It is part of the fun for some but a nightmare for others and I fully understand that and respect their point of view. Collectors come in all shapes, sizes and temperaments. It is simple for me as it should be for others. If you are not happy with it don't keep it. Happy collecting all.

16114437_10208861353479028_1614636851817761445_n.jpg

Can anyone help me on my belt problem? it's not properly aligned, tried tinkering with it but the damn thing is stitched on its sides *Red Circle* and to make matter worst it has a small hole *Blue Circle*. anybody got a solution on this? and what type of glue can i use on the belt? its already peeling out from the inside. *yellow circle*

I'm a big proponent of "you get what you pay for" which is WHY I buy these particular things. I want the amazing product, but it's not as if we have no idea what we're dealing with. They give you BOOKLETS with these figures telling you exactly what you can and SHOULD NOT do. I also recall seeing disclaimers or warnings or whatever about the nature of these figures in other places, how the figures we get are never to-the-letter of the images they release (and in a lot of cases Thank GOD. Look at the rips in the wrists of the Deadpool promo pics alone!). We are fully aware how these ARE handmade and sometimes....things happen. If it's something big, it's not like they they don't make good on it. They do. How many replacements did the reviewer ClipperKing get? And he actually modded the wrists to try and fix them and he still got replacements IIRC. How many people have had major issues, reported it and replacements were sent out? That's right....everyone that had a big issue - I'm talking actual issue of serious damage in production, not reckless posing/playing - replacements were given. I have yet to hear a single report with a serious damaging issue out of the box on this figure and they were told "too bad, so sad, kthnxbye". My point here is that there IS a process to rectify the situation if something is seriously damaged or missing out of the box that is beyond our control.

I don't have the huge disposable cash a lot of you guys have to buy a slew of these things every year, sometimes every MONTH! I got very lucky that my wife had the money put aside for this figure throughout the year and my son was awesome enough to get me the Civil War Captain America for Christmas, so if there's big issues - and I was openly scared my wife and I's Deadpools would have issues - it really sucks.....but I'm confident SS would have replaced it for us. Even just standing on your shelf......I have had to put a small dab of glue on 3 pouches since I got mine last Thursday. The glue simply stretched and came undone and the pouches opened up slightly. Nothing to do with posing, nothing to do with handling, just.....happened. My Boba Fett is a SIDESHOW one, and the 2 sets of pouches on each side of his belt were completely undone on one side right out of the box, and I had to glue them back down several times because of the fake leather gluing to the fabric. His knees don't bend. I've posted asking for advice a few times and got some great ones, but I'm paranoid I might break it. So all of his poses are straight legged which really blows. And again, this is the Sideshow 6th scale from a few years back and this was my VERY FIRST 6th scale figure! So it's not just Hot toys.

J

I'm not sure if you think I or others have extremely posed it. I certainly haven't, the knees haven't been bent at all so there is no way it is because of that - it is simply because either they missed it or because they thought it's not that big of a problem so can be shipped with it. Now this is my problem, and I don't think it should get a free pass just because it is a 1/6 "toy" (I mean it's not like you see furniture getting the same free pass), is that if there is quality control in place then these things should be noticed, and if they're noticed they should be rectified. The price we pay is deserving of that, if it's as simple as just placing a bit more glue down or laying a bit more paint there's no excuse for it not to be done, to be honest, if there's quality control there's no excuse for any figure really to come with any sort of problems - the money that they get and the amount of items that they sell should ensure they have enough money to employ people to do a thorough check of every item coming out of the place. Now with these being hand made and like art pieces I fully understand no two piece will be the same, there may be slight differences - however, this doesn't void the fact that things that can be repaired because they're not right aren't being so, and there's no reason for this.

The other point is maybe they are being quality checked, and passing it simply because they don't think it's that big of a problem, now that would just be flat out rediculous. And if that's the case we should let them know, actually in either case, that we aren't happy with it. Again, the prices we pay, you can afford to get all the checking and repairs done BEFORE we receive it. It doesn't matter how good their replacement team is, and in most cases these problems may be considered too small to warrant a replacement and too much of a hassle for us to try to get it replaced. As it stands we wait a long time for these to be made anyway, I'm sure we would all rather wait a couple weeks more to ensure each of us, regardless of some pieces slightly differing from the others (I'm an illustrator and printmaker, I fully well know that between each print there's differences to make each one unique), things that are supposed to be glued down are glued down, things that have wrong paint on them are corrected etc.

I'm like you also, and probably many others who are too into these than they can really afford to be - when you spend this amount of money on something when you know you shouldn't really be, it's incredibly disheartening seeing problems like that.

I'm not sure if you think I or others have extremely posed it. I certainly haven't, the knees haven't been bent at all so there is no way it is because of that - it is simply because either they missed it or because they thought it's not that big of a problem so can be shipped with it. Now this is my problem, and I don't think it should get a free pass just because it is a 1/6 "toy" (I mean it's not like you see furniture getting the same free pass), is that if there is quality control in place then these things should be noticed, and if they're noticed they should be rectified. The price we pay is deserving of that, if it's as simple as just placing a bit more glue down or laying a bit more paint there's no excuse for it not to be done, to be honest, if there's quality control there's no excuse for any figure really to come with any sort of problems - the money that they get and the amount of items that they sell should ensure they have enough money to employ people to do a thorough check of every item coming out of the place. Now with these being hand made and like art pieces I fully understand no two piece will be the same, there may be slight differences - however, this doesn't void the fact that things that can be repaired because they're not right aren't being so, and there's no reason for this.

The other point is maybe they are being quality checked, and passing it simply because they don't think it's that big of a problem, now that would just be flat out rediculous. And if that's the case we should let them know, actually in either case, that we aren't happy with it. Again, the prices we pay, you can afford to get all the checking and repairs done BEFORE we receive it. It doesn't matter how good their replacement team is, and in most cases these problems may be considered too small to warrant a replacement and too much of a hassle for us to try to get it replaced. As it stands we wait a long time for these to be made anyway, I'm sure we would all rather wait a couple weeks more to ensure each of us, regardless of some pieces slightly differing from the others (I'm an illustrator and printmaker, I fully well know that between each print there's differences to make each one unique), things that are supposed to be glued down are glued down, things that have wrong paint on them are corrected etc.

I'm like you also, and probably many others who are too into these than they can really afford to be - when you spend this amount of money on something when you know you shouldn't really be, it's incredibly disheartening seeing problems like that.

Sure, but be realistic and logical. When the overwhelming majority are fine, it's passing quality control. You don't know...it could have happened during shipping, during packing, beyond a point where they simply couldn't check for a little thing like a kneepad. What if the glue simply came undone in shipping? It happened to a couple of my pouches and I didn't touch them. Opened it up, a couple flaps were coming undone, glue not holding perfectly. And I just opened the box. It's not unrealistic to think it could be the same with the kneepad, and you're going off on their QC. How that happened, well, if only Deadpool could tell you....some of these "complaints" are absolutely ridiculous. Stitching that's a little crooked? A tiny, minuscule stretch to a small tiny part in the tiny chest-groove that needs to be magnified 56million times to see? Contact Sideshow for THAT?! C'mon.....we have full arm fabric ripping at the wrist. THAT'S a problem. Not some small stretch or unglued pouch. Your specific kneepad, that's up to you if that's a huge problem. Bend the knee a certain way one time and more than likely, you'll see that exact thing. Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see a photo of what's up with yours, so I'm not sure what you're talking about exactly for me to comment specifically to your piece/post like you replied to me. Not all the information is presented, just saying "me too" on a pic where the knee's are CLEARLY bent too far, even in the picture showing it, they're bent enough to actually CAUSE the problem in the first place. :slap
I just think it's highly unrealistic to expect so much from something that's, in the grand scheme of things, not SO expensive it will be absolutely, without any shadow of a doubt, extreme perfection.

There's simply NO way to reasonably expect that every single solitary piece of ANY product of any PRICE-RANGE that is mass produced in ANY capacity will all be 100% absolute perfection. From $6 G.I. Joe figures to $200 1/6 scale figures to cars and trucks - there is simply NO way that every product can be all perfect all the time. That's why there are recalls on cars and hugely expensive items of that nature. It happens all the time to everything everywhere. Does it suck when we're the one that gets "the one that slipped by"? Absolutely, totally, without a doubt and I feel for you and wished you didn't experience this. We all want the figures we buy to be "perfect". But we're all on the same side, nobody here wants anyone to have problems especially with a figure we've all clearly been really looking forward to, and when something is wrong we feel totally gutted. Believe me, I know and get it and I'm in no way trying to discount or dismiss your situation or anyone's really. It's just extremely hard to find the real issues amongst all the non-issues being blown waaaay out of proportion, so it's easy to sort of start to blanket things, you know? Decrease the white-noise so we hear the actual issues, so to speak. But the bottom line of my posts on this matter is simple - Nothing man made is perfect and to expect every piece of every product that you ever buy to be pure perfection all the time is simply setting yourself up for disappointment.

I sincerely hope your situation gets resolved to your satisfaction and you get to really enjoy the figure as much as I am enjoying mine, warts and all. ;)

J

is this still available anywhere for retail? i noticed its sold out on sideshow and i would like one from the second batch.

i'm planning to pose him with the colossus and ajax that's coming out.

is this still available anywhere for retail? i noticed its sold out on sideshow and i would like one from the second batch.

Nope, but maybe you can find it for a decent price from someone. I got mine from a board member for $260 shipped.

Don't hold me to this but last I saw Big Bad Toy Store still had them available

Sure, but be realistic and logical. When the overwhelming majority are fine, it's passing quality control. You don't know...it could have happened during shipping, during packing, beyond a point where they simply couldn't check for a little thing like a kneepad. What if the glue simply came undone in shipping? It happened to a couple of my pouches and I didn't touch them. Opened it up, a couple flaps were coming undone, glue not holding perfectly. And I just opened the box. It's not unrealistic to think it could be the same with the kneepad, and you're going off on their QC. How that happened, well, if only Deadpool could tell you....some of these "complaints" are absolutely ridiculous. Stitching that's a little crooked? A tiny, minuscule stretch to a small tiny part in the tiny chest-groove that needs to be magnified 56million times to see? Contact Sideshow for THAT?! C'mon.....we have full arm fabric ripping at the wrist. THAT'S a problem. Not some small stretch or unglued pouch. Your specific kneepad, that's up to you if that's a huge problem. Bend the knee a certain way one time and more than likely, you'll see that exact thing. Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see a photo of what's up with yours, so I'm not sure what you're talking about exactly for me to comment specifically to your piece/post like you replied to me. Not all the information is presented, just saying "me too" on a pic where the knee's are CLEARLY bent too far, even in the picture showing it, they're bent enough to actually CAUSE the problem in the first place. :slap
I just think it's highly unrealistic to expect so much from something that's, in the grand scheme of things, not SO expensive it will be absolutely, without any shadow of a doubt, extreme perfection.

There's simply NO way to reasonably expect that every single solitary piece of ANY product of any PRICE-RANGE that is mass produced in ANY capacity will all be 100% absolute perfection. From $6 G.I. Joe figures to $200 1/6 scale figures to cars and trucks - there is simply NO way that every product can be all perfect all the time. That's why there are recalls on cars and hugely expensive items of that nature. It happens all the time to everything everywhere. Does it suck when we're the one that gets "the one that slipped by"? Absolutely, totally, without a doubt and I feel for you and wished you didn't experience this. We all want the figures we buy to be "perfect". But we're all on the same side, nobody here wants anyone to have problems especially with a figure we've all clearly been really looking forward to, and when something is wrong we feel totally gutted. Believe me, I know and get it and I'm in no way trying to discount or dismiss your situation or anyone's really. It's just extremely hard to find the real issues amongst all the non-issues being blown waaaay out of proportion, so it's easy to sort of start to blanket things, you know? Decrease the white-noise so we hear the actual issues, so to speak. But the bottom line of my posts on this matter is simple - Nothing man made is perfect and to expect every piece of every product that you ever buy to be pure perfection all the time is simply setting yourself up for disappointment.

I sincerely hope your situation gets resolved to your satisfaction and you get to really enjoy the figure as much as I am enjoying mine, warts and all. ;)

J

Totally agree with the larger point. There will always be a 10-20% failure rate on any mass produced item. And that's just off the line. Throw in weeks at sea in a shipping container when the material and paint is highly susceptible to heat and moisture and light makes it an even higher chance that **** goes wrong.

As for the other guys comparing to furniture...it has the same issues. There is always a number with problems and there will be flaws they tell you they won't replace it for or fix it.

And also to his point...yes people are doing extreme poses and then asking for returns.

Totally agree with the larger point. There will always be a 10-20% failure rate on any mass produced item. And that's just off the line. Throw in weeks at sea in a shipping container when the material and paint is highly susceptible to heat and moisture and light makes it an even higher chance that **** goes wrong.

As for the other guys comparing to furniture...it has the same issues. There is always a number with problems and there will be flaws they tell you they won't replace it for or fix it.

And also to his point...yes people are doing extreme poses and then asking for returns.

Light? your gonna have to explain to me how light could affect my closed package from the time of shipping from the factory to me, I'm not a physicist but I'm pretty sure light doesn't pass through boxes inside of shipping containers inside of planes.
Also this is like comparing a super car(hot toys) that is hand built, to a stamped out of a machine honda(marvel legends) 10-20% defective in my eyes at this price point for a figure is unacceptable, if 10-20% of hand made lambos were defective in some way their business would suffer. And lets get real upside down belts stretched suit materials unglued pads, those are all defects....and No.....I don't think anyone is doing these themselves 'first' and then asking for a refund. Do you have some kind of reference to people extreme posing and then afterwards returning? besides me who is awaiting a replacement and understand my figure is going back to hot toys to be scrapped and for the benefit of everyone in this forum decided to extreme pose my figure before it gets destroyed anyways for better knowledge of how the suit material holds up.

Back