1/6 Hot Toys - MMS347 - Deadpool (2016) - Deadpool Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
**** happens
I bought a used broken amazing Spider-Man 1, broken shoulder
I figured I would at least ask for a replacement body from hot toys as it was a well known problem
They agreed and replaced the one I had, just cost me shipping of the broken figure to them
That company went above and beyond what they needed to.

Ask for a replacement before you start critizing the company

Light? your gonna have to explain to me how light could affect my closed package from the time of shipping from the factory to me, I'm not a physicist but I'm pretty sure light doesn't pass through boxes inside of shipping containers inside of planes.
Also this is like comparing a super car(hot toys) that is hand built, to a stamped out of a machine honda(marvel legends) 10-20% defective in my eyes at this price point for a figure is unacceptable, if 10-20% of hand made lambos were defective in some way their business would suffer. And lets get real upside down belts stretched suit materials unglued pads, those are all defects....and No.....I don't think anyone is doing these themselves 'first' and then asking for a refund. Do you have some kind of reference to people extreme posing and then afterwards returning? besides me who is awaiting a replacement and understand my figure is going back to hot toys to be scrapped and for the benefit of everyone in this forum decided to extreme pose my figure before it gets destroyed anyways for better knowledge of how the suit material holds up.

Since you're keen on asking for reference for Motu's statements, I'd love to know where these percentages for defective rates are coming from. It's in NO WAY by any stretch of the imagination 10%-20% defective rate for the Hot Toys Deadpool or any Hot Toys figure for that matter....and if that's honestly what people think, there's no point in trying to discuss this anymore because the hyperbole is insane. :rotfl

Bottom line and final statement on this because the horse needs to rest in peace already - buy them, don't buy them, keep them, return them, at this point I would wager that most don't really care anymore and we're all just trying to enjoy our figure either way. A lot of us just want all the over-the-top nit-picking to stop already. There will be problems with everything you will ever buy. "Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug". The absolute best thing anyone can do at this point is, if you have a question about any of these figures in terms of what may or may not be REAL damage or problems for a return or replace, asking a message board of fellow collectors that have zero actual say in the matter probably isn't the best place for actual answers, just go to where you got it from and ask them. With most "have you experienced this before" questions, sure, post 'em, but some of this is obvious. That's your best bet in getting things solved to your liking and it'll go a long way to kill the negative vibes that keep creeping up on this topic. I've lurked here quite awhile before posting and I have never seen this much crazy over a 6th scale figure before. :lol

Can we PLEASE get back to seeing some positivity? Too much inane negativity just isn't fun. :impatient:

J

Sure, but be realistic and logical. When the overwhelming majority are fine, it's passing quality control. You don't know...it could have happened during shipping, during packing, beyond a point where they simply couldn't check for a little thing like a kneepad. What if the glue simply came undone in shipping? It happened to a couple of my pouches and I didn't touch them. Opened it up, a couple flaps were coming undone, glue not holding perfectly. And I just opened the box. It's not unrealistic to think it could be the same with the kneepad, and you're going off on their QC. How that happened, well, if only Deadpool could tell you....some of these "complaints" are absolutely ridiculous. Stitching that's a little crooked? A tiny, minuscule stretch to a small tiny part in the tiny chest-groove that needs to be magnified 56million times to see? Contact Sideshow for THAT?! C'mon.....we have full arm fabric ripping at the wrist. THAT'S a problem. Not some small stretch or unglued pouch. Your specific kneepad, that's up to you if that's a huge problem. Bend the knee a certain way one time and more than likely, you'll see that exact thing. Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see a photo of what's up with yours, so I'm not sure what you're talking about exactly for me to comment specifically to your piece/post like you replied to me. Not all the information is presented, just saying "me too" on a pic where the knee's are CLEARLY bent too far, even in the picture showing it, they're bent enough to actually CAUSE the problem in the first place. :slap
I just think it's highly unrealistic to expect so much from something that's, in the grand scheme of things, not SO expensive it will be absolutely, without any shadow of a doubt, extreme perfection.

There's simply NO way to reasonably expect that every single solitary piece of ANY product of any PRICE-RANGE that is mass produced in ANY capacity will all be 100% absolute perfection. From $6 G.I. Joe figures to $200 1/6 scale figures to cars and trucks - there is simply NO way that every product can be all perfect all the time. That's why there are recalls on cars and hugely expensive items of that nature. It happens all the time to everything everywhere. Does it suck when we're the one that gets "the one that slipped by"? Absolutely, totally, without a doubt and I feel for you and wished you didn't experience this. We all want the figures we buy to be "perfect". But we're all on the same side, nobody here wants anyone to have problems especially with a figure we've all clearly been really looking forward to, and when something is wrong we feel totally gutted. Believe me, I know and get it and I'm in no way trying to discount or dismiss your situation or anyone's really. It's just extremely hard to find the real issues amongst all the non-issues being blown waaaay out of proportion, so it's easy to sort of start to blanket things, you know? Decrease the white-noise so we hear the actual issues, so to speak. But the bottom line of my posts on this matter is simple - Nothing man made is perfect and to expect every piece of every product that you ever buy to be pure perfection all the time is simply setting yourself up for disappointment.

I sincerely hope your situation gets resolved to your satisfaction and you get to really enjoy the figure as much as I am enjoying mine, warts and all. ;)

J

Quality control is for all figures not the majority of them - I honestly can't say if this happens during shipping or whatnot, from here it's speculation. With regards to my Deadpool, I've not done any joint bending, but the knee pad has two ripples where it's not glued down properly, now in my mind that's as simple as whoever placed it down should have been more thorough, and beyond that quality control should have picked it up and sent it back to be glued down if it was like that from production. In regards to wonky stitching or slightly off alignment, yes I understand that, these are all hand made and they can send it out if it's not overly bad, every piece will be different - it's impossible for human hands to replicate the perfect figure every figure. All I'm saying is, if this is where the faults are happening, simple things such as not having paint marks where they shouldn't be or unglued pieces should be rectified due to their simple nature. I had a pouch come unglued also, I'm not complaining about that because for that I can understand how shipping may have caused it, but for me the kneepad just seems like it wasn't placed properly down flush, otherwise the shipping would have caused more of the kneepad to come undone that what has, it just seems more of a placement issue than an external one. In the long run I'm not overly fussed, at least every figure I own has a small problem in those regards; but in that sense without the amount that people spend they're fully allowed to vent these frustrations, especially those with no modding skills or expertise at all because if they don't want to send something back for quite minor things it's a hassle for them as well as for Hot Toys, and then they feel stuck and responsible for either getting over the grievance or trying to mod it and potentially ruin it, which is no fun.

I'm definitely not commenting on Hot Toy's process of repairs and returns, I know nothing about it and therefore can't possibly comment, I'm sure they're great. But that wasn't the point I was trying to make.

Also I'm sure we're all enjoying our versions, I sure as hell am. I think it's from this enjoyment that when people notice these things however that their grievance is worse, because they enjoy it so much. These figures are mostly all great, extremely artistic and well executed, and at a factory level really retain the top notch quality they're known for. I'm sure, definitely not myself, that anyone here disregards that, and that nothing is really called into question other than the fact that if these issues that can be rectified at the time of production; they should be, at the betterment of both the customer receiving the item and for Hot Toys themselves having to replace parts or whole figures. Neither of us can speculate either way if some of these issues are from shipping or not, and only the person themselves can testify if they have not overly articulated something or not. Now I have no camera and no way to prove that I didn't, and I'm not going to try to, I didn't bend the knees at all past anything than maybe 5 or so degrees.

Please understand I'm only raising this issue in terms that if Hot Toys have the capability to get something right, they should do it, and if they have the chance to fix something before it leaves it should be done. I have no issues with some of my eye pieces not sitting flush, or the pouch coming up for example. So you may say that I should have no problem with a not fully glued knee pad, and you know what? I don't have that much of an issue to aggravate sending it back and getting another one, and I probably won't attempt to glue it down just yet or soon, but am I and other allowed to vent a little to get over it... yes we are.

That's not to say we don't enjoy the pieces, I'm sure we wouldn't spend so much on each one if we didn't. And I will continue to enjoy mine.

However, I have to argue against your point of the white noise. Why should all this be quelled so more "important" issues can surface. I'm sure that if all these people that have unglued pieces, who aren't completely happy with the pieces coming undone, should make Hot Toys aware - either stuff isn't being glued down properly, or shipping is causing this issue, so that they can hear it and either change their glue or look into ways of protecting during shipment (I'm sure is impossible), but either way - in the end this only really makes it better for everyone. I find it unfair for others to judge what is considered a huge issue or not, even though I agree it's not a huge one, and as I said, certainly not enough to bother to get it replaced, but you can't take away people being annoyed at such issues, and as such you really can't tell people to stop talking about it or raising it - in the end it's an issue, and if it's an issue Hot Toys should know about it.

That's all I will talk on it now, as I enjoy all the figures I have from them, and am nothing but highly positive of them all.

Attachments

• bg8kr.jpg
    bg8kr.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 295
With all your bickering nobody answered my question anyway im just gonna leave it here. Enjoying DP as it is
16142667_10208884053966526_5963301760135008387_n.jpg

**** happens
I bought a used broken amazing Spider-Man 1, broken shoulder
I figured I would at least ask for a replacement body from hot toys as it was a well known problem
They agreed and replaced the one I had, just cost me shipping of the broken figure to them
That company went above and beyond what they needed to.

Ask for a replacement before you start critizing the company

You actually got a replacement from HT? They usually tell you to contact whoever you bought it from if they reply at all.

What's up with eBay Buy It Now $49.99 auctions for Hot Toys from Beijing, China? There seem to be a lot of them. Just now saw Deadpool, Civil War Cap, Hawkeye, Nick Fury, and several others. How do they get away with what appears to be a scam? I guess the buyer gets a refund through PayPal eventually... Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You actually got a replacement from HT? They usually tell you to contact whoever you bought it from if they reply at all.
yes sir

Here are the instructions to send it in

Hello,

Thanks for your video!
Please kindly send the defective Spider-Man figure(without accessories & original packaging box) to our office for replacement & the details are as below:

Hot Toys Ltd.
Add: ROOM 2201-2203A, NANYANG PLAZA, 57 HUNG TO ROAD, KWUN TONG, KOWLOON, HONG KONG
Contact Person: Ms. Cheung
Tel: (852) 2836 3295

Remarks: Please kindly send back the parcel within 1 week upon this notification. Otherwise, we cannot guarantee that all the accessories or items will have replacement stock due to the limited edition nature of our collectibles.
Hot Toys reserves final rights on all replacement requests.

Please kindly let us know after the parcel is sent.
Thanks!

Best regards,
Hot Toys

yep. Sent them a complaint email and got no reply at all.
It took multiple emails on my part

The personal attacks and insults thrown at me over a toy is only moving to prove my entire point and says all I truly need to know about the people who are responding in such a way......yet again. Seems to be becoming the norm around here that when a valid point is proven or given, it's right to the personal attacks and insults over proper discussions and basic decent manners. I have actual important REAL things to deal with, I don't know how many times it has to be said for people to grow up. I don't have to take any of this, I don't deserve any of this and I'm done with this.

Enjoy your figures.

J

Let me remind everyone about the board's Code of Conduct:

Community forums are at their best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy. Therefore, we ask that you conduct yourself in a civilized manner when participating in these forums. Remember, that your opinion is not a fact and repeating the same criticism over and over again is unlikely to change anyone else’s mind. Think about how your post comes across to readers and be mindful of how you’d like others to respond before you post.

Yeah, I also got him at Fistco. They made a post at FB that he'll be in-stock mid/end of January. :) So yours will be there soon as well.
Still no Deadpool for me. Looking at all the great pictures here it is really difficult to be patient. I even ordered BvS Batman out of frustration in the meantime which is also an amazing figure.

Still no Deadpool for me. Looking at all the great pictures here it is really difficult to be patient. I even ordered BvS Batman out of frustration in the meantime which is also an amazing figure.
I asked at my fave shop (sadly didn't order Deadpool from them) and they told me they'll be getting their Deadpools in this week and that Fistco should as well as they seem to have the same supplier. :) So let's both keep our fingers crossed and pray that he comes in soon.

Back