1/6 Hot Toys - MMS347 - Deadpool (2016) - Deadpool Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
True. But even if the deals not done that doesn’t mean they won’t slow roll or change things just in case. Reynolds just said they changed a line in the movie because of the deal, so it’s possible.

What is worse is the way the fox licensing stuff is normally. It’s a mess. A bunch of additional hoops and costs that a normal marvel figure doesn’t have.

In that case, I would think the merger would make licencing merch for these characters easier, but that also depends what Disney/Marvel Studio's decides to do with the properties Fox owns when it's all said and done. It seems at the moment that they would intend to let them continue with their current projects, but a lot can change in a years time.

I don't think they'll make another DP figure right now. If anything, they'll do Cable. I'd actually buy a Negasonic Teenage Warhead fig, but that ain't gonna happen.

I saw a small clip of the new film and he looked like he had the grey suit on... so that will be your Hot Toys release.

In that case, I would think the merger would make licencing merch for these characters easier, but that also depends what Disney/Marvel Studio's decides to do with the properties Fox owns when it's all said and done. It seems at the moment that they would intend to let them continue with their current projects, but a lot can change in a years time.

Totally agree that it should make things easier. But that will only happen if/when it’s final and any new deals are negotiated with the actors and whatnot. That’s where a part of this proven came from. Fox didn’t get enough benifit from licensing money to include any likeness rights in many actor deals, and then they didn’t disclose this fact upfront to companies that acquired the film rights. Howard has talked about this publicly with the Prof X first class figure. So instead of like with Captain America in say Civil war where a company like hot toys just has to acquire the rights (meaning pay money) from Marvel (though some actors do have approval rights that’s usually rare and costs only time and manpower not upfront cash). But with say Prof X for X-men first class they have to pay fox for rights, marvel for rights and then negotiate with the Actor, who can just say no. They did a lot of Wolverine because he sold well, and Jackman was so keen on making the movies and characters successful he either waived his likeness rights for some films (origins) or took almost no payment (Dofp). Reynolds took the same approach, hoping merchandise would help sell the films so for Deadpool he waived approvals and took a small payment for likeness rights. At least that’s the story going around.

With a merger of fox and marvel/Disney we should expect any future films to have likeness rights built into the actors compensation so those are included with any normal film license you acquire. Meaning in the future it should all be done like the MCU has been done for ten years. But that’s only if, or until, they reboot/restructure any contracts already in place. Which is one of the biggest reasons I expect that once the deal is (or if it is) final there will be a total reboot of all fox products. (Alien has a similar mess with Its main actress ,Weaver, having both full approval rights and retains her own likeness rights so any deal for that character would require that same silly stuff as the X-men ones I mentioned before. So I just think outside of Deadpool which is a Reynolds passion project most everything else gets a reboot.

There is going to be some reveled...more than one...The Red Deadpool will likely be a re do with a few new parts or head...but other figures...maybe X-Force Deadpool in Grey suit...or Cable...or Domino...and of course then how many will actually get released....

!!!!!!!!#@!#@.jpg

There is going to be some reveled...more than one...The Red Deadpool will likely be a re do with a few new parts or head...but other figures...maybe X-Force Deadpool in Grey suit...or Cable...or Domino...and of course then how many will actually get released....

View attachment 407620

Were you in a rush typing that?

So how are everyone’s Deadpool figures holding up? I was rearranging my figures last night and noticed that some of the black sections are starting to fade in a weird blotchy pattern. I saw people posting something similar happening with their Ant Man movie figures. The glue for a few of the pouches and holsters has started coming apart on mine as well. I knew when I first got this figure in particular that the suit wouldn’t last, but I didn’t realize it would start going downhill this soon.
4a56a2f2dc5f3b55c2df70d03bce3923.jpg
0c7e100dd00c8ad013e5ce2deba6d656.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As much as I regret not getting this figure, I know there's always the sequel. I wonder if they will do a deluxe version with a small unicorn exclusive.

I just noticed on mine his knee protectors peel off. One without damage and on second one it still holds on the suit and tear it a bit. What a mess this material. What a mess.

I just noticed on mine his knee protectors peel off. One without damage and on second one it still holds on the suit and tear it a bit. What a mess this material. What a mess.

That’s why this version is a must because they fixed that

Yup. In store only.

I have to see this..but I’ll pass, buying each blu ray just for the cover is a waste of money. Preferred that they just have one blu ray with a package of the different covers attached in a box but then they migh5 have people trying to steal it so I can see why they did this instead

How much was each blu ray

Back