1/6 Hot Toys - MMS308 - Ant-Man: Ant-Man Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just had a look mine is same. may have been there from the start and i assumed it was intentional weathering.

That’s interesting. I noticed it a few months ago on mine as well but just kind of figured it was normal weathering on the outfit.

If this is truly leather fade, Scott is going to look like he is wearing acid wash jeans in about 1-2 years lol.

787a7fd18918498b2b32a2b5c15e6af3.jpg
d99910ea5306af9b21bec5bfa0639878.jpg

Looks like deliberate weathering to me. The 'blue' fade is also dripping over the rubber knees in the same places, as if 'painted'. Why would rubber continue the same line of fading as the pleather?

EDIT: just reviewed the many pictures I have collected from in-hand photos and I can't find any hint of weathering in any clear shots... so maybe this is indeed some form of discoloration and fading. Really sucks! I love this figure. But not if the black areas turn blue-gray. Guess Batman's cape is ****ed as well.

Last edited:
Every time an old thread re-surfaces I jump on to see if problems are arising with the figure and sadly, I'm having the same issue, although not as severe as the figure in the above pics. WTH HT?!!! My figures are displayed in a temperature controlled room dedicated to my collection; no dog, no people other than occasional guest, and are in the dark 85% of the time. This pleather issue is becoming a bit unnerving and will certainly dictate future purchases. My Ant-Man figure has been in the same museum pose since unboxed and only lightly dusted a handful of times; for the price-point of these figures I expect more than a few years of enjoyment. Do I want to invest $235+ on Anakin Skywalker with all that wonderful pleather? Maybe not.

Now, who will be the first to take black shoe polish to their Ant-Man?

AOS ghost rider should be fine cuz jacket is real leather, its this pleather stuff thats the issue here correct?

just had a look mine is same. may have been there from the start and i assumed it was intentional weathering.

I agree with this. Have not had a look at mine in a few months, but the photos don't look like aging to me. I think most of you are over reacting. No way does pleather/polyurethane age or discolor that quickly

Does anyone think the fading could be due to excessive handling with bare hands? I mean, over time I'm sure the accumulated oil on our finger tips can deteriorate whatever cheap Chinese products HT is using...

I have recently gotten into the habit of using handling gloves, although every now and then I still do handle with bare hands since it's inevitable...

the accumulated oil on our finger tips can deteriorate whatever cheap Chinese products HT is using...

Could be. Although the "wearing" I see along the stretched seam line (where the pleather is stressed) looks to be in a place that isn't touched much if at all.

Mine's boxed up right now -- has been since I moved over a year ago -- but I'm very curious to open him up and look now. I took a lot of pictures when I first opened him and I don't see any indication of weathering anywhere in my own pictures.

Could be. Although the "wearing" I see along the stretched seam line (where the pleather is stressed) looks to be in a place that isn't touched much if at all.

Mine's boxed up right now -- has been since I moved over a year ago -- but I'm very curious to open him up and look now. I took a lot of pictures when I first opened him and I don't see any indication of weathering anywhere in my own pictures.

You’re correct. The weathering type sections on mine are not in areas that have been handled by bare hands much, if at all.

And in most lighting conditions, I cannot even tell its there. I used flash lighting in the pictures to bring it out more since it was not coming through much with LED strip and natural lighting.

You bring up a good point about the blue marks streaking down two different types of materials (pleather / rubber) which maybe is another indication of intentional weathering possibly to simulate a Leather suit that is a few decades old. Maybe it was there all this time and it just takes the right lighting conditions to bring it out.

You bring up a good point about the blue marks streaking down two different types of materials (pleather / rubber) which maybe is another indication of intentional weathering possibly to simulate a Leather suit that is a few decades old. Maybe it was there all this time and it just takes the right lighting conditions to bring it out.

Yeah, I hope that's it. I won't really know until I get mine out and take some flash pictures I guess -- if it only shows up with flash photography. What ever it is, maybe it doesn't matter if you can't see it in most lighting conditions.

I agree the camera flash made it look worse than it is, but I think it IS a real issue.

My photos are an accurate depiction.

I agree with this. Have not had a look at mine in a few months, but the photos don't look like aging to me. I think most of you are over reacting. No way does pleather/polyurethane age or discolor that quickly

Um, well it is. It's not "weathering" or I'd remember it. There are very clear leg photos from members here ...... show no "weathering".

Does anyone think the fading could be due to excessive handling with bare hands?

I have had mine inside my display case. Haven't touched it in quite some time. I usually grab them around the waist to move, and I have not changed the pose. (so no excessive handling).

The pleather is turning color/fading. I have no doubt. Find a comment in this thread that mentions weathering at release time and I'll say I'm wrong.

Repeat: Mine is in a case 99.9% of time, out of sunlight, & hasn't been handled but 2-3 times since release, by the waist. This is the first pose I did, and it's stayed that way.

Just had a look at my figure, which has been rotated out of being on display for the last few months, and he does not have any discoloration on the thighs. the lower legs/side shins does look like there is some light grey paint applications, however minor, but yeah, mine does not look like the photo Dru_s posted

Mine is fine - no hint of a problem. It's been in one pose since day one. Handled/moved just a couple of times. Open air basement display. Have a de-humidifier down there to try to keep humidity under control, but humidity definitely changes to a degree from season to season.

Wisconsin.

Back