1/6 Hot Toys - MMS308 - Ant-Man: Ant-Man Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Let my (almost) 2yr old and wife take a look at Ant-Man tonight...wife thought it amusing to have him "kick" a ball around and little one likes to take the mask off and throw it around.

One fixed mouth piece later (on Ant-Man!) and that's the last time either touch my HT collection!

Let my (almost) 2yr old and wife take a look at Ant-Man tonight...wife thought it amusing to have him "kick" a ball around and little one likes to take the mask off and throw it around.

One fixed mouth piece later (on Ant-Man!) and that's the last time either touch my HT collection!
OMG ... I probably would have died of a heart attack or something ... I mean, I started gasping when my bf checked if the Winter Soldier's clothes were real fabric and went to poke him and rub his fingers along the pants ... (○ ヮ ○)
I fought the urge to throw myself between them and rant about how expensive he was and that fabric can get dirty and how I can't wash it and 250€ damnit!! ... then I remembered that I promised myself to never tell him how much money I spent on this figure and slowly closed the cabinet door.

My retailer is killing me. He's leaving on holiday and my order is supposed to arrive on Thursday at his store. 2 more weeks of waiting... :gah:

Yikes!!!

My wife knows how much they cost - I'm very lucky and actually my Iron Man mk43 and Ant-Man were gifts from her! Ant-Man is now all well and fine but k think I may purchase glass doors to go in front of them on the shelves their on!

still bummed over the scuffs on the breather part of mask on mine. any advice on a metallic chrome paint that could be of use?

Received mine today along with HT Boba. Both figures are awesome, HT did really a very good job.

still bummed over the scuffs on the breather part of mask on mine. any advice on a metallic chrome paint that could be of use?

Are you sure they're "scuffs" that aren't intended to be there? Not doubting you at all, but I've seen many times where collectors fret about a blemish, spot or scuff on their figure, and 75% of the time they're actually marks that are intended to be there.

Are you sure they're "scuffs" that aren't intended to be there? Not doubting you at all, but I've seen many times where collectors fret about a blemish, spot or scuff on their figure, and 75% of the time they're actually marks that are intended to be there.

yeah i realize that but these are non-intend scuffs caused by the blister shell, paint was left on that. have seen more than few with same prob. not sure many are aware of it with this figure cause as you said they assume its intentional. if you have any black marks on the circular breathe part of helmet covering where his mouth is check the blister clamshell and you will see the paint on it, scuffed.

frustrating considering the high price and that its prob that most likely happened after it was all boxed up so doubt QC would have even caught it. but at same time its kinda obvious that if the blister shell is so tight against the figure in that spot its gonna scuff it.

Ever since intentional "damage" was painted on figures , SS uses it as a blanket excuse

not surprised i saw in a 1/6 Fb group someone with same prob and they were trying to deal with SS over it and it was goin no-where. another member posted the best paint to touch up the scuffs but i have forgotten since then so tryin to find out.

My WL converted today. I signed up on May 5. Still hope for those on it still

Sent from my SM-G530T1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
He's arrived!!!

And everything everyone has said is TRUE!!!

My new favorite figure....

Ant Man COMP 1.jpg

Ant Man COMP 2.jpg

Everything works great on him... only trouble I'm having is getting his head plate off to access the batteries. I'm afraid I'll break it it's sealed so tight. Any tricks to get it off? Is there a tool hidden in the box?

Wow, he flew off the shelf like the first Hawkeye! Why couldn't Falcon do that?

And he actually has wings.

I couldn't get mine off either. I've had him since February and I've now pretty much given up on any hope of fitting the batteries :lol

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

He's arrived!!!

And everything everyone has said is TRUE!!!

My new favorite figure....

Everything works great on him... only trouble I'm having is getting his head plate off to access the batteries. I'm afraid I'll break it it's sealed so tight. Any tricks to get it off? Is there a tool hidden in the box?

Congrats, Wor, nice pics. :duff Are you referring to the battery cover? Have you seen Clip's review? He addresses it beginning at 3:25.

Looks great. He's the other figure next to Star-Lord I almost have regret over not buying, in an effort to keep my collection fairly controlled and based around the AoU Avengers and a handful of extra favourite characters..

image.jpg

I think the lightup feature works great. Many reviews said it didnt work but you can see here that even with lights on you can see the effect.

Back