1/6 Hot Toys - MMS308 - Ant-Man: Ant-Man Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love good articulation but it doesn't stop me from liking figures that are a little more restricted. It's definitely a drawback, but when the figure looks as good as this one does then you can't really complain too much.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

I like this figure. It was my first option to get into "Hot Toys world". Finally I bought Luke and now, I have a Black Widow. The reason: I love to take pictures of my figures. Ant-Man is awesome, but I wouldn't enjoy the figure because I couldn't make good poses...

I put myself on the SS waitlist right after he came out, but I ended up finding this guy at a local toy shop. I didn't expect him to go to the waitlist so fast. Paid an extra $15 bucks, but I'm actually glad to have it in hand. This is definitely one of my favorite figures in the collection.

27085267742_717ef92d27_z.jpg

I put myself on the SS waitlist right after he came out, but I ended up finding this guy at a local toy shop. I didn't expect him to go to the waitlist so fast. Paid an extra $15 bucks, but I'm actually glad to have it in hand. This is definitely one of my favorite figures in the collection.

27085267742_717ef92d27_z.jpg

That's Awesome!!! :rock

Really tempted to get this guy since the CW figure is so mediocre... Does anyone still have this available?

Thought i would throw my 2 pence into the mix, he came about two weeks ago and i think he's a great figure. He's my first outside the AOU line (yep i'm a newb) so he's displayed elsewhere on his own and looking quite lonely. Notice the mini Anthony in the background of the last pic.
image1.JPGimage2.JPGimage3.JPGimage4.JPGimage5.JPGimage6.JPG

Mighty Ape also have him listed for probable July release for anyone in NZ or Australia... MA are a cheap option for Hot Toys or Sideshow though. Interestingly enough his pre-order price is $100NZ less than Civil War..

The articulation is indeed poor on this figure. But as others have mentioned, the value in this figure is the accurate suit and the sculpt. However, I can understand why this would irk those who are dynamic posers, as it'd feel like a sculpture/statue more than an action figure.

Myself personally, I'd take accuracy over articulation any day, as I tend to be a museum to subtle action poser. Absolutely love this figure.

Me too. I want great looking figures not figures to play with like I am a kid so this suits me.

Me too. I want great looking figures not figures to play with like I am a kid so this suits me.

I agree although I'm not sure I would have said it like that...some collectors like the ability to change things up and want a figure that allows them to do that.

I just got him out of the box. Very impressive, they nailed the suit, sculpt and helmet. Pretty damn happy with him! The shape of his helmet is so much better on this than the CW one for me.

It sounds like none of us would've thought we'd pop this open and find one of the best figs HT has ever made! Really, really well done piece. I didn't get to try much posing yet but it sounds like there's not much that could be done.

I did try to stand the shrunken Lang up on a flat counter top and couldn't get him to stand. I see others have him standing fine without the base though. Anyone else have a problem standing the little guy?

477a667a893f490da44389d309c873a0.jpg

I don't have any decent full body shots yet but just look at this sculpt and helmet. God tier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back