1/6 Hot Toys - MMS308 - Ant-Man: Ant-Man Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Such a well made figure. :clap:clap

BEA84712-14B5-4FD9-96C6-41A3B55582EE_zpsgmxb9xum.jpg

8605B40C-09CA-4AE5-9479-E57339732D9F_zpsowmym6t8.jpg

D06E5A38-57A1-4446-AD68-62A7FDC47A48_zpsgt***2nx.jpg

Great photos! It is a really nice figure.

Wow, can't wait to receive mine.
I don't even bother to buy the CW version despite after seeing the movie.
My only wish was hot toys put more effort on the articulation section:lecture

My order still says shipping soon, they were quick to take my money but no shipment yet. Might have something to do with the fact i'm in the UK.

Great pics SilverStar17!! :clap Awesome figure - Congrats on getting him! :rock

Thanks, man! :duff

He really is a great figure. Having the mask down really doesn't do the sculpt justice, as the sculpt is immaculate in my opinion. Definitely one of my favorite pieces in my collection.

It's funny because I had no interest in the CW version being that I have this version, but after seeing how great this one came out and how cool it is, the CW isn't off the table just yet. I may get it if it's just as good as this one, if not better. :lol

Looks great. Very tempting!

No kidding, I've almost clicked the order button a few times now. I just know I'll regret it down the line when other versions of the character drop. I don't want multiple versions of ant-man in my collection, just need one definitive version. The rudd sculpt is awsome, better then the civil war proto (so far) but this costume is already old news & will never be worn on screen again. Also, this suit screams hank pym, a serious no nonsense person that takes his role as ant man very seriously. It doesnt reflect Scott Lang's easy going/comedic personality nor represent his version of ant-man. Civil War suit gives me more of a Scott Lang vibe- it's loud & more colorful (hank pym would never wear it). I just wish the red was a bit darker but I guess the lighter colors better reflect Lang's lighter personality.

Nice pictures Ms. Spangler & SilverStar

Last edited:
I personally think that the fact that this suite will never be done again and it's retro feel makes it irresistible ...

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/.../137019-leon-911-partial-collection-40-a.html

Don't get me wrong, I really like the looks of this suit, I just need to cut back on multiple versions of marvel characters, my Cap & IM clones are already taking up too much of my precious display space.. My marvel section can't be overan with anymore clones. I already get the "you must really like iron man" comments, of course most people making those comments think iron patriot & war machine are "ironmen". Willpower most be strong, I must wait for the definitive Scott Lang version of ant-man.. this suit is cool but it's the hank pym version..its the excuse I'm telling myself so I can stop being tempted by this figure

Haha, I try to make excuses not to buy figures too. I keep telling myself I don't need CW Ant Man in addition to this one, but who knows if it'll last. Not sure if CW will be the definitive version, though - I'm betting the Ant Man/Wasp combo will probably be awesome. I know I don't have the willpower to wait for that!

Haha, I try to make excuses not to buy figures too. I keep telling myself I don't need CW Ant Man in addition to this one, but who knows if it'll last. Not sure if CW will be the definitive version, though - I'm betting the Ant Man/Wasp combo will probably be awesome. I know I don't have the willpower to wait for that!

:exactly:

You would think having this version would be reason to not want to get the CW version, but it's actually the opposite for me. After getting this figure and seeing just how cool it is, it makes me tempted to want to get the CW version also. :lol

I pick the version I feel is the one I can live with and just stop there. So far only Cap have I got multiple times. I prefer this Ant Man so this is my one Ant Man. And why isn't it Tuesday? Ant Man needs to kill Iron Man!

I personally think that the fact that this suite will never be done again and it's retro feel makes it irresistible ...

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/.../137019-leon-911-partial-collection-40-a.html
I definitely think this suit is superior to the Civil War version. And from here on, the likelihood is that we will get more "sleek and modern" with his look rather than less. Which makes some sense, given the origins of the suit in the Ant-Man film vs. where they go from there.

Thankfully, I stopped with completism (and group "logic") some time ago. I don't try to pair any figures anymore. I get whatever I really enjoy, as long as I like the character, movie, visual, etc.

I have mostly alien looking and armored characters, cause I like the visual. I'm seriously considering buying both Ant-Man.

Back