1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS292 - Avengers: AoU - Ultron Mark 1 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:rock2 Congrats!!! Great one to start on... Sucks you have to wait so long to get it.

Yeah, but it's going to be soo worth it. I can only afford this one so far. Still Have Ultimate Ultron, MK43, 45 and War Machine to consider.

I'll wait for this to sit on the shelves for 6 months and then buy it off someone cheap.

But this little guy would get lost next to Monger and Whiplash II... you need to be looking at Prime... or a Sentry at least just for some scale.
It's sort of the discrepancy in stature between Ultron Mark I and Monger/Iron Whiplash that appeals to me. Sort of like they're the brawn and he's the brains (but indestructible all the same, as he can keep leaping into new bodies). The design is just so creepy. Reminds me a little of a horror movie or a psychotic character like the Joker. While I like the drones, I think this version has much more personality.

The huge wait until release might mean I change my mind, though. We'll know by that time a lot more about current/upcoming villians and there may be another character that is more appealing. I do quite like this figure as a representation of "Ultron" -- even if it is very movie specific.

You have a point there yes. But it is a lower price point at $250.
And is most likely not something that they will have a problem selling later on.

But......I could be wrong. :dunno

It's not if it will sell later, most do. It's how much lost profit will it be. If you read thru nearly every thread you can find ten or more people who are canceling orders for various reasons. Most the time it's forseeable stuff. Well all of those items will still have been ordered from hot toys. And will most likely end up sold at lower prices. Had they known in advance a better true amount to have the prices might have been more stable. Which is good for those that order and keep them. It's better for the company's. At some point they will get tired of eating money for no real reason and they will make changes.

If you are serious about an order s deposit really shouldn't be a big issue. It comes off the total cost.

Why?

It's smart for sideshow to require a deposit on everything. To many people order and cancel

Maybe it is smart for sideshow but not necessarily for the consumer, things can change, you could be caught up in the hype for something you may decide you no longer are truly interested in, you could lose you job, have unexpected medical bills and so on. I order from sideshow from time to time, mainly exclusives but not always, sometimes I order from them to get things earlier than other retailers, but my go to place to secure a non exclusive item is BBTS cause if I do change my mind its easy to cancel and adjust orders as I see fit.

What if early reviews come out and the product turns out like crap or not to your liking in some respect, the way I see it trying to corner collectors with a deposit can simply drive them to other retailers that don't charge the deposit, its not always smart.

Well-put, Skull. :duff

I'm just saying, most of us are ordering stuff from a movie we haven't even seen yet, doesn't mean we won't like it but maybe this particular character only ends up with a 1 minute part in the movie, or whatever, just saying, things can change from PO to release as it usually 6 months to a year between the two.

Maybe it is smart for sideshow but not necessarily for the consumer, things can change, you could be caught up in the hype for something you may decide you no longer are truly interested in, you could lose you job, have unexpected medical bills and so on. I order from sideshow from time to time, mainly exclusives but not always, sometimes I order from them to get things earlier than other retailers, but my go to place to secure a non exclusive item is BBTS cause if I do change my mind its easy to cancel and adjust orders as I see fit.

What if early reviews come out and the product turns out like crap or not to your liking in some respect, the way I see it trying to corner collectors with a deposit can simply drive them to other retailers that don't charge the deposit, its not always smart.

The lost job med bills death thing is not the issue I am addressing. As I've said before, in years on this board I've not seen anyone say they canceled for that reason.

And yes I get what you are saying about the rest. But if you are the type of person that screen time and all that stuff matters then you really should wait to order. Again, that's foreseeable stuff. Would it be cool if sideshow watched the movie and raised the price or cancled your order to re list it at higher becuase popularity went up?

Getting caught up in the hype to me is not an adequate excuse. And is exactly why they should have a deposits. To eliminate that stuff.

Do you ever sell stuff? Sell anything on ebay? If so reverse the situation. You place an item up for sale..I commit to buy it. (When you PO you sign a contract). Then I look around or change my mind or say, nah just got caught in the hype. You think that's ok? You not going to leave negative feedback? Would you let me buy again?

I do not see a problem with sideshow having a deposit. I think it's a good idea for sideshow and I don't see any real reason it hurts the consumer.

The lost job med bills death thing is not the issue I am addressing. As I've said before, in years on this board I've not seen anyone say they canceled for that reason.

And yes I get what you are saying about the rest. But if you are the type of person that screen time and all that stuff matters then you really should wait to order. Again, that's foreseeable stuff. Would it be cool if sideshow watched the movie and raised the price or cancled your order to re list it at higher becuase popularity went up?

Getting caught up in the hype to me is not an adequate excuse. And is exactly why they should have a deposits. To eliminate that stuff.

Do you ever sell stuff? Sell anything on ebay? If so reverse the situation. You place an item up for sale..I commit to buy it. (When you PO you sign a contract). Then I look around or change my mind or say, nah just got caught in the hype. You think that's ok? You not going to leave negative feedback? Would you let me buy again?

I do not see a problem with sideshow having a deposit. I think it's a good idea for sideshow and I don't see any real reason it hurts the consumer.

I've seen those reasons effect people, I've seen selling the collection to pay for unexpected medical bills, I've seen all those things and many more though out the years here on the freaks, there not common place but do happen, also this is not ebay, its not buy it now and then don't pay, its a pre-order, not the same thing.

I can see the reason for deposits and can understand why some retailers would want to charge them, I'm not arguing that point, just saying that while it may be good for them, its not always good for the consumer, I usually get what I pre-order, not always, I've cancelled my share of orders for many reasons, none were life changing medical bills, but I've got hit with unexpected car repairs during the time a PO was about to charge, I cancelled it and re-ordered it again when it was in-stock after I recouped a few weeks later, other times I decided I liked a different item more than one I had on order.

A lot can happen in six months to a year and I like the flexibility to change my order if I need to or want to without being charged a fee:lecture

I've seen those reasons effect people, I've seen selling the collection to pay for unexpected medical bills, I've seen all those things and many more though out the years here on the freaks, there not common place but do happen, also this is not ebay, its not buy it now and then don't pay, its a pre-order, not the same thing.

I can see the reason for deposits and can understand why some retailers would want to charge them, I'm not arguing that point, just saying that while it may be good for them, its not always good for the consumer, I usually get what I pre-order, not always, I've cancelled my share of orders for many reasons, none were life changing medical bills, but I've got hit with unexpected car repairs during the time a PO was about to charge, I cancelled it and re-ordered it again when it was in-stock after I recouped a few weeks later, other times I decided I liked a different item more than one I had on order.

A lot can happen in six months to a year and I like the flexibility to change my order if I need to or want to without being charged a fee:lecture

I understand what you are saying and you make a valid point but it doesn't invalidate what Motuxmen is saying and I agree with him. If any of those reasons come up then you cancel you loose your NRD which is a fraction of the cost of the item so it is not as if you lost your entire purchase. The logistics of the company holding your order guaranteeing you the item etc is what your NRD is for. Other places like BBTS don't charge a NRD then by all means shop around thats your choice however there are caveats to that as well. You do what is best for you and SS is doing whats best for them and in this instance I can't blame them

I am going to wait to see the movie before I decide to purchase this or not. It looks fantastic but I am super selective of what I get and how I display it.

All these price hikes are so egregious, I was about to cancel everything on my PO list today. I don't care about losing any NRD.

I understand what you are saying and you make a valid point but it doesn't invalidate what Motuxmen is saying and I agree with him. If any of those reasons come up then you cancel you loose your NRD which is a fraction of the cost of the item so it is not as if you lost your entire purchase. The logistics of the company holding your order guaranteeing you the item etc is what your NRD is for. Other places like BBTS don't charge a NRD then by all means shop around thats your choice however there are caveats to that as well. You do what is best for you and SS is doing whats best for them and in this instance I can't blame them

Your correct, there is no wrong answer or opinion if you will, there are simply two sides to look at the issue from, the consumers or the retailers, as I am the consumer in this scenario I choose what's best for me, what I choose in this case is not to pay the NRD as the option is available not to at BBTS and many other retailers, also I don't have to pay an extra 10 dollars for a pack-out(extra box) for my collectable to arrive safely to my home.

On the flip side I will have to wait an extra few weeks to a month to receive it and miss out on rewards points, so one simply has to weight there options and pick what works for them:)

Back