1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS292 - Avengers: AoU - Ultron Mark 1 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your correct, there is no wrong answer or opinion if you will, there are simply two sides to look at the issue from, the consumers or the retailers, as I am the consumer in this scenario I choose what's best for me, what I choose in this case is not to pay the NRD as the option is available not to at BBTS and many other retailers, also I don't have to pay an extra 10 dollars for a pack-out(extra box) for my collectable to arrive safely to my home.

:goodpost::exactly::clap

I've seen those reasons effect people, I've seen selling the collection to pay for unexpected medical bills, I've seen all those things and many more though out the years here on the freaks, there not common place but do happen, also this is not ebay, its not buy it now and then don't pay, its a pre-order, not the same thing.

I can see the reason for deposits and can understand why some retailers would want to charge them, I'm not arguing that point, just saying that while it may be good for them, its not always good for the consumer, I usually get what I pre-order, not always, I've cancelled my share of orders for many reasons, none were life changing medical bills, but I've got hit with unexpected car repairs during the time a PO was about to charge, I cancelled it and re-ordered it again when it was in-stock after I recouped a few weeks later, other times I decided I liked a different item more than one I had on order.

A lot can happen in six months to a year and I like the flexibility to change my order if I need to or want to without being charged a fee:lecture

Yes, those things happen millions of times a day. But that's not what this is about. I'm talking about the people that order and then cancel for other reasons. It happens on every figure, in every thread, multiple times. I am not talking about selling you collection. Or not being able to afford payments going forward due to job lose. I'm taking about the dozens of cancelations based on reasons that are foreseeable. Like ordering a figure before you see the movie knowing that how it is in the movie determines if you want it. Or ordering and then cancling becuase you like the one in the next movie.

Yes, this is the same as ebay. You sign a contract. They have to hold the item. You agree to pay for it. It's the same. They are forced to honor that agreement and you would be peeved if they didn't. If you placed an order and they later raised the price, or told you they didn't have any becuase they didn't think it through. Or that it seems more popular so they now raised that price. Or whatever the reason. If you enter into an agreement you should honor it. It's what you expect from them. Is it not?

And yes, you can shop around. And should. That's not what this was about. You stated you disagreed with them having a deposit. I was explaining why they do it. And eventually most company's will. BBTS And others can afford not to do it becuase they carry much less stock. So it one or two get canceled they will sell before (usually) it gets discounted territory. But when you do ten times the volume that's not usually the way it works.

If you don't want to pay the NRD that's fine. No obligation to do so. But a compny having it is not bad business it's smart business. And people that order and cancel and order and cancel are part of the reason figures end up heavily discounted later. And every calls sideshow thieves and liars for saying it's almost sold out or goes on WL. Then they turn around and complain about NRD. If you can't put a 10% deposit down on a figure you probably shouldn't becordering it. If you are unsure if you want it you should not commit to buying it. If you know that how it does or looks or how much screen time it has in a movie matters then don't order it before you see the movie. And yes, every single order at sideshow is a contract. You are agreeing to buy the figure. Period. It's an agreement you expect them to honor, so it's one anyone entering into it should also honor. Once you order they arecrequired by law to fulfill the order at the agreed upon price unless it's beyond their control. IE hot toys goes out of business or cancels the proto Ect...the med bills death job excuse for company's. The one every single argument about NRDs is used. But go thru a couple threads. Look how often people say they are canceling orders for reasons that are those, and reasons that are others. I have yet to see a single one say they are cancelled an order for those big picture reasons, but nearly every day, and most days multiple times, I see people say they dropped orders for foreseable reasons

Yes, those things happen millions of times a day. But that's not what this is about. I'm talking about the people that order and then cancel for other reasons. It happens on every figure, in every thread, multiple times. I am not talking about selling you collection. Or not being able to afford payments going forward due to job lose. I'm taking about the dozens of cancelations based on reasons that are foreseeable. Like ordering a figure before you see the movie knowing that how it is in the movie determines if you want it. Or ordering and then cancling becuase you like the one in the next movie.

Yes, this is the same as ebay. You sign a contract. They have to hold the item. You agree to pay for it. It's the same. They are forced to honor that agreement and you would be peeved if they didn't. If you placed an order and they later raised the price, or told you they didn't have any becuase they didn't think it through. Or that it seems more popular so they now raised that price. Or whatever the reason. If you enter into an agreement you should honor it. It's what you expect from them. Is it not?

And yes, you can shop around. And should. That's not what this was about. You stated you disagreed with them having a deposit. I was explaining why they do it. And eventually most company's will. BBTS And others can afford not to do it becuase they carry much less stock. So it one or two get canceled they will sell before (usually) it gets discounted territory. But when you do ten times the volume that's not usually the way it works.

If you don't want to pay the NRD that's fine. No obligation to do so. But a compny having it is not bad business it's smart business. And people that order and cancel and order and cancel are part of the reason figures end up heavily discounted later. And every calls sideshow thieves and liars for saying it's almost sold out or goes on WL. Then they turn around and complain about NRD. If you can't put a 10% deposit down on a figure you probably shouldn't becordering it. If you are unsure if you want it you should not commit to buying it. If you know that how it does or looks or how much screen time it has in a movie matters then don't order it before you see the movie. And yes, every single order at sideshow is a contract. You are agreeing to buy the figure. Period. It's an agreement you expect them to honor, so it's one anyone entering into it should also honor. Once you order they arecrequired by law to fulfill the order at the agreed upon price unless it's beyond their control. IE hot toys goes out of business or cancels the proto Ect...the med bills death job excuse for company's. The one every single argument about NRDs is used. But go thru a couple threads. Look how often people say they are canceling orders for reasons that are those, and reasons that are others. I have yet to see a single one say they are cancelled an order for those big picture reasons, but nearly every day, and most days multiple times, I see people say they dropped orders for foreseable reasons

Well you have said a mouthful and I will try to address what I can, you state that a PO is a contract, ok so if that's the case and the company I pre-order with has within there business practice not to charge an NRD or any penalty for canceling, as part of there logo(no hassle pre-orders) then I'm working within the guidelines, I'm not doing anything wrong, which you seem to be determined to say that I am or anyone else is that ever cancelled a PO. Ebay has its rules, bbts has its just as sideshow there's, everyone is entitled to run there business as they see fit, don't impose ebay rules on other companys to prove a point, I don't PO on ebay for that reason along with many others.

Next you stated that I disagree with sideshow having a deposit, I don't remember saying that, I said I understand why they do it, but that there are options at other retailers that don't punish me if I do happen to change my mind or need to cancel for whatever reason and I don't have to justify my reason to cancel to anyone should I choose to do so.

Just as you can choose to pay a NRD I can choose not to, others can choose what's best for them, I'm not going to be made into feeling guilty for company's business choices as they are surely making hand over fist in profit from sales on these products, otherwise they wouldn't be in business. I don't waste my time looking though threads for people canceling orders or there reasons for doing so, I'm a collector though it all, have been since I was a kid collecting baseball cards, then comics, then Gi joes and now hot toys, I say collect what you like and how you like, don't worry about anyone else's buying habits, enjoy the hobby.

Thank goodness you are here to meme everything. Or emoticon it. Becuase it is so much better then an actual conversation.

You're welcome. There's really nothing better than entering a product thread on the day it's up for PO than seeing your walls of texts trying to convince people to see things your way regardless of how many times they make it clear it will never happen.

Also consider, that if a PO is a contract, many times Sideshow's final product or HT's product does not turn out to be what was advertised. The final product is not close to the prototype. Why should anyone get docked 10% for a product that fails to live up to what was expected? I should not have to pay 10% for their crappy production pieces.

Also consider, that if a PO is a contract, many times Sideshow's final product or HT's product does not turn out to be what was advertised. The final product is not close to the prototype. Why should anyone get docked 10% for a product that fails to live up to what was expected? I should not have to pay 10% for their crappy production pieces.

They get around that with the 'Item shown is a prototype. When shipped, the final production piece may differ in appearance' statement on the bottom of the product page.

Still, I agree. When a company continues to fail to deliver on end products there's zero reason to hand them money up front. Let them earn it.

Again--these issues are all foreseable. It's stated its a prototype. This is not a new company or new distrubutor. Both comPanies have ten years worth of established business. If you are not comfortable with the way production figures look and don't trust the proto, and you obviously know this in advance since you are talking about it, then wait to order. Hot toys and sideshow state all this upfront. If you still commit to buy then you acknowledge all these factors and you still signed a contract.

I totally understanding waiting till you see in hand. Smart move. But don't commit to buy before hand. Again, if sideshow did what you are saying or advocating you would flip out. Take AsM2. Everyone hated the proto (or even to some level DOFP wolverine) but when the in had pics show up its great. So should sideshow have told those that preorder they are sol at that price.try again at this new higher price?

So yes, if you preordet you should honor that deal. Unless one of those huge life events happen. Outside of those if you would expect the dealer to hold up to the sale then so should you. Sorry

Well you have said a mouthful and I will try to address what I can, you state that a PO is a contract, ok so if that's the case and the company I pre-order with has within there business practice not to charge an NRD or any penalty for canceling, as part of there logo(no hassle pre-orders) then I'm working within the guidelines, I'm not doing anything wrong, which you seem to be determined to say that I am or anyone else is that ever cancelled a PO. Ebay has its rules, bbts has its just as sideshow there's, everyone is entitled to run there business as they see fit, don't impose ebay rules on other companys to prove a point, I don't PO on ebay for that reason along with many others.

Next you stated that I disagree with sideshow having a deposit, I don't remember saying that, I said I understand why they do it, but that there are options at other retailers that don't punish me if I do happen to change my mind or need to cancel for whatever reason and I don't have to justify my reason to cancel to anyone should I choose to do so.

Just as you can choose to pay a NRD I can choose not to, others can choose what's best for them, I'm not going to be made into feeling guilty for company's business choices as they are surely making hand over fist in profit from sales on these products, otherwise they wouldn't be in business. I don't waste my time looking though threads for people canceling orders or there reasons for doing so, I'm a collector though it all, have been since I was a kid collecting baseball cards, then comics, then Gi joes and now hot toys, I say collect what you like and how you like, don't worry about anyone else's buying habits, enjoy the hobby.

I'm not saying your breaking any rules when there is no NRD. Or how another company does thier business.

And it might not have been you that said it, if not my bad. But my intial response about the NRD was to a comment that he "didn't agree with" the NRD.

Doesn't matter if the company is 3 days old or 30 years old, both companies have delivered duds in the past, and one currently delivers more duds than home runs to be honest. Neither are infallible, and the bottom line is that some people will opt not to fork money up front regardless of what others feel they "should do".

Prime example being this member who's repeated that sentiment:

:goodpost:

Doesn't matter if the company is 3 days old or 30 years old, both companies have delivered duds in the past, and one currently delivers more duds than home runs to be honest. Neither are infallible, and the bottom line is that some people will opt not to fork money up front regardless of what others feel they "should do".

Prime example being this member who's repeated that sentiment:

:goodpost:

You missed the point. Again. My point was the person knows it's a prototype and that things don't always match the prototype. And that for him is an issue. So knowing that to be the case don't preorder. Or be willing to eat the NRD.

My comment, the one that was responded to, was directed at someone complaining about the NRD. Do you know why the NRD is required? Because people continue to cancel. And if it keeps up, every figure from every retailor will require it. Or other drastic measures.

And great, so maybe he won't change his mind. So why are you not going after him with that same "some people won't change line"? He was the one to write to/at me first? I responded. And with that attitude we might as well just close every forum and business site and review section of every site. Because people do what they want and won't change. Silly

As for his point to not worry what other people do...if that was really how you feel then why come to a site like this? All this site is is that. And sorry, I don't just care about me. I also care about the state of the industry. The companies that provide the goods. If they do bad, we all lose. And as for the "the must be making money hand over fist or why would they be open" argument...obviously you don't know a lot about business. Very few actually make profit all the time. Lots stay open for years without turning a profit. And those that do/are profitable rarely take it in "hand over fist". Just because a business is open is no indication that it's profitable. Sears, ford, Jc penny, Olive Garden, best buy, all operated or still operate at huge loss over years. Jc penny has been profitable like 3 out of 10 years. Lots of collectible and toy company's operate much of the time at a loss.

You missed the point. Again. My point was the person knows it's a prototype and that things don't always match the prototype. And that for him is an issue. So knowing that to be the case don't preorder. Or be willing to eat the NRD.

My comment, the one that was responded to, was directed at someone complaining about the NRD. Do you know why the NRD is required? Because people continue to cancel. And if it keeps up, every figure from every retailor will require it. Or other drastic measures.

And great, so maybe he won't change his mind. So why are you not going after him with that same "some people won't change line"? He was the one to write to/at me first? I responded. And with that attitude we might as well just close every forum and business site and review section of every site. Because people do what they want and won't change. Silly

As for his point to not worry what other people do...if that was really how you feel then why come to a site like this? All this site is is that. And sorry, I don't just care about me. I also care about the state of the industry. The companies that provide the goods. If they do bad, we all lose. And as for the "the must be making money hand over fist or why would they be open" argument...obviously you don't know a lot about business. Very few actually make profit all the time. Lots stay open for years without turning a profit. And those that do/are profitable rarely take it in "hand over fist". Just because a business is open is no indication that it's profitable. Sears, ford, Jc penny, Olive Garden, best buy, all operated or still operate at huge loss over years. Jc penny has been profitable like 3 out of 10 years. Lots of collectible and toy company's operate much of the time at a loss.

You missed the point. Again. You're yammering on again with your NRD rhetoric and getting nowhere. As usual. When your rhetoric is met with sound opposing logic, instead of simply accepting it and moving on, you opt to compose another inane essay trying to guilt the member (and everyone) and tell him what he "should do" even though he's told you repeatedly it's not going to happen, and that he'll continue to do as he sees fit. Sound familiar? It should, it's been less than a week since someone else told you the same thing. Rinse. Repeat.

Members come to this site initially for information on products, typically due to internet searches for whatever they're interested in. Members stay here b/c they enjoy the site, enjoy the community and enjoy whatever friends they happen to make along the way. They don't come here to read essay after essay of rhetoric telling people how to collect the way you want them to and berating them for doing it any other way then one that pleases you.

You want to know why people continue to cancel? They aren't happy with the end product. Period. Whether their reasons are good enough for you or not is irrelevant. They'll keep cancelling. Best get used to it.

For someone who claims to "care about the state of the industry. The companies that provide the goods", you just spent the better part of a week slamming the ever loving crap out of Comicave, who's trying to rebrand/reinvent themselves so that they can improve, provide more products to the community, and compete with in the market. You couldn't be any more of a hypocrite if you tried.

I never had an interest for this figure to begin with, but I just find it hard to swallow that they're asking $250 for this, plus an nrd.

Back