1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS292 - Avengers: AoU - Ultron Mark 1 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm interested but that's a little steep for this guy, should be closer to 199.00 as there's not much to it, detail is fantastic though!!

Might hold out for mark 2:lecture

Prime is mark 2... Unless you're talking about the sentries.

Yeah that's what I mean, I like those, honestly I like them better than ultron prime just because I think prime is to tall, the sentries are 13 inches which is more manageable to display. I'm considering canceling my prime PO:monkey3

For those who saw the movie which HT Ultron version is worth getting?

I'm talking film accuracy and screen time

The price is about what I expected, but the release date is REALLY far away. Went with BBTS, too, or now. I'd like to see how the rest of the releases shape up and what might come out for Ant-Man first before getting caught up in an NRD with this guy.

I feel like maybe Sideshow should rethink their NRD threshold since the prices on everything keep climbing.

I think everyone has been either hypnotized by Hot Toys :google or no longer seems to care about the prices and just accepts them. :slap :rotfl While no, it's not ridiculous, it is still pricey. Hell I think every figure they make now is overpriced!!! But we're collectors and we collect and spend and try to justify to ourselves why we need it. Congrats to everyone buying it...

Speak for your self man. I don't justify, or need to, anything. Yes the price has gone up. But the price of everything goes up. If you wanted the older figures at older prices then great. But these figures are light years ahead of the 180 dollar figures of seven years ago.

There are things I collect that cost infinitly less to make and thousands times more to buy. Like my art collection. My Peter LIK landscape photo prints are anywhere from a few grand to a million dollars. It's a piece of paper and ink.

Statues cost 200plus dollars for 1/6 or 1/5 scale and have no articulation. Going out on a nice date (movie for two, dinner, drinks) can cost 200 plus dollars easy. It cost me over a hundred bucks to fill the gas tank of my suv.

No these are not free or exactly cheap. But enough with the price stuff.

I think everyone has been either hypnotized by Hot Toys :google or no longer seems to care about the prices and just accepts them. :slap :rotfl While no, it's not ridiculous, it is still pricey. Hell I think every figure they make now is overpriced!!! But we're collectors and we collect and spend and try to justify to ourselves why we need it. Congrats to everyone buying it...

I need no justification other than that I want it... Just because it's unacceptable to some, doesn't mean it is for everyone... If people really need to justify "needing" these, i'd say they need to find a cheaper hobby. "Need" in this hobby is non-existent, it won't threaten anyones life if they don't have a toy... Just my 2 cents.

Speak for your self man. I don't justify, or need to, anything. Yes the price has gone up. But the price of everything goes up. If you wanted the older figures at older prices then great. But these figures are light years ahead of the 180 dollar figures of seven years ago.

There are things I collect that cost infinitly less to make and thousands times more to buy. Like my art collection. My Peter LIK landscape photo prints are anywhere from a few grand to a million dollars. It's a piece of paper and ink.

Statues cost 200plus dollars for 1/6 or 1/5 scale and have no articulation. Going out on a nice date (movie for two, dinner, drinks) can cost 200 plus dollars easy. It cost me over a hundred bucks to fill the gas tank of my suv.

No these are not free or exactly cheap. But enough with the price stuff.

:goodpost:

While I respect peoples opinions on the hobby, I hate it when they try to speak for everyone when they can't afford something.

Yeah, I like the idea of this figure as part of some villianous group. Think he'd be right at home with Monger and Whiplash Mark II. Lots of time to ponder on it, anyway.

This figure is definitely awesome, especially if he's posed in a hunched, leg-dragging 'crippled' way. Very scary. I don't think his lights flicker, which is a disappointment for me. He needs that faulty, flickering jack-o-lantern look.

But this little guy would get lost next to Monger and Whiplash II... you need to be looking at Prime... or a Sentry at least just for some scale.

Ultimate Ultron will probably get made too at some point... whatever Ultimate is exactly.... might just be Prime with some additional armor or upgrades.

I plan to display him with the various versions of the Iron Legion drones... I was going to get a 2nd to modify so it can always be on and display it on my desk, but being over a year away from release, I think I changed my mind on that.

Last edited:
I definitely want this and don't mind paying the NRD on this one. There is no way I would cancel this. So I went with Sideshow since they should get them before BBTS.

:goodpost:

While I respect peoples opinions on the hobby, I hate it when they try to speak for everyone when they can't afford something.

Ummmm... was that to me?? I never even said if I was getting it or not, or that I thought it was too expensive or that I couldn't afford it. I can pretty much buy whatever I want. Money is not a problem. There were already plenty of complaints or acceptance posts from people about the price. I also said congrats to those buying it.. ??? :dunno

Ummmm... was that to me?? I never even said if I was getting it or not, or that I thought it was too expensive or that I couldn't afford it. I can pretty much buy whatever I want. Money is not a problem. There were already plenty of complaints or acceptance posts from people about the price. I also said congrats to those buying it.. ??? :dunno

Partially I suppose... When you use the word "Everyone" it might aggravate those who that doesn't apply to... As for the not being able to afford it part, it was more of a generalization to those who act as though nobody should have/want/buy it because they don't/can't. It happens on here alot and adds nothing to the conversation.

This will probably hit the bargain bin. Unless they expect that and don't produce many. I definitly want to get this, but I'll wait for a good price. Awesome toy though.
Yep will wait for aftermarket to see if it goes down to 150-160.

Yep will wait for aftermarket to see if it goes down to 150-160.

What!? That's pretty damn low for an Avengers figure, not sure I've seen an HT figure from a super-hot franchise drop that low in years. My guess would be somewhere in the $190s at best (my gut tells me $215 is the sweet spot)...and that's after its been out and circulating for some time... so you're looking to pick this up in Christmas 2016 or Q1 2017?

Last edited:
$250, wow. I will wait for this to be discounted. The figure has amazing detail, looks awesome, just gonna have to wait.

Back