1/6 Hot Toys - MMS285 - Avengers: AOU - Hulkbuster

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your math sounds like my wife's....You applied money from your freelance jobs to help pay for HB. So you still paid what you paid for Hulkbuster! The freelance money could have been used for something else, but you chose to use it to reimburse yourself for HB. No wonder this fn country is so fd up..people trick themselves with 'creative' financials.

6WtZluN.gif

Last edited:
I haven't had an opportunity to watch any of the review videos, how is the upper body articulation on this guy? Any waist/upper chest movement, or mostly arms/head?

Pretty good from what I saw I would say deff watch budget starks video on it. As far as the waist I think it was a basic swivel which is hindered by the full mark 43.

Well I'm pretty sure I'm screwed. Bought from a seller on ebay months ago, he had 99% positive feedback with over 300 transactions (some being expensive items), he messaged me back promptly and stayed in communication multiple times until about a month ago.

I've messaged him three times this month with no reply and now am playing the waiting game. I'm past the eBay and PayPal protection period, so I can't fight it. Pre-ordered for about $760...

Going to have to suck it up and order from Sideshow or pay a premium elsewhere.

Maybe he died? It happens.

Putting in some heavy ot at work so I can get this before Christmas. I was one of those who cancelled last year after the delay. Man this turned out perfect

Hi guys
only mark 43 can fit for hulkbuster?
what about mark 45?
thanks

Hi guys
what about mark 45?
thanks

I’d assume 42 would fit since that’s almost identical to the 43. I have my doubts about the 45. Maybe someone who has the instructions can let us know. Not that I ever plan to put a full IM suit inside the HB myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi guys
what about mark 45?
thanks

I seen a video where someone picked up the mark 46 and shook their finger like "no no" for not putting in the hulkbuster. I guess instructions say for 43 only ( possibly 42 since it's the same thing)

My new shelf should be able to take all of HB's re-donk-ulous phat a$$
cbb37e251c3ecaea99f84a23a8ce5541.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alright, guys… sorry I did not get to post last night, but getting him all set up
and posed the way I wanted took way longer than I planned, lol. Was up past midnight
playing around with this guy.

First, he is super imposing in a room, just crazy the amount of details that Hot Toys
was able to cram into this piece. I was just floored by the inner workings, too.
All the magnets and pieces fit together very well.

HB_B.jpg

HB_A.jpg

He is crazy heavy… I CANNOT state that enough. No YouTube video has been
exaggerating that point. Getting the legs and feet to articulate is not an easy feat.

Anyone who gets him… take care when trying to pose him up.
A lot a creaking and crackling sounds. One thing is for sure, you can feel like
he can break when trying to move the legs and feet. They do not articulate easy.

The arms on the other hand are nicely moveable. wrists articulate well and he has
no issue doing the repulser hand pose. The engineering to allow this to work was
done perfectly. the arm cuffs retract and collapse behind the hand so that it can
be moved and tilted to replicate the blast pose.

This is his home for now, have to figure out exactly what I am going to do since
he definitely cannot go in my glass cases. He would absolutely crack the glass shelving after time.

HB_C.jpg

HB_D.jpg

And a little lighting effects fun, just for the hell of it, lol.

HB_E.jpg

Absolute beast, as has been stated many times over.
My only real complaints are the difficulty with the leg and foot posing.
Once you get it, it works well enough. It's just getting the knees, hips and feet to do
what you want that is nerve-wracking.

Also… the upper torso joint is almost non-existent. He can tilt back at the arc reactor point
of his chest, but the whole top falls right back to the original position due to the weight.
It will not stay back when you position it.

Overall, I LOVE having him in my collection.

Well I'm pretty sure I'm screwed. Bought from a seller on ebay months ago, he had 99% positive feedback with over 300 transactions (some being expensive items), he messaged me back promptly and stayed in communication multiple times until about a month ago.

I've messaged him three times this month with no reply and now am playing the waiting game. I'm past the eBay and PayPal protection period, so I can't fight it. Pre-ordered for about $760...

Going to have to suck it up and order from Sideshow or pay a premium elsewhere.

:slap

You win at life!

Your math sounds like my wife's....You applied money from your freelance jobs to help pay for HB. So you still paid what you paid for Hulkbuster! The freelance money could have been used for something else, but you chose to use it to reimburse yourself for HB. No wonder this fn country is so fd up..people trick themselves with 'creative' financials.

@Newbieguy Lolz, harsh, but true!

@Dino_Ranger_White I know you have since clarified your remarks, but the way you originally worded your comment definitely set you up for the criticism you got. :lol

Take your time and enjoy! I remember I got home late from work to u box my hawkeye and broke the damn arrow holder cause I was so tired and didn't take my time to just sit back and read the instructions. Congratulations!!! Oh and is the box really big? Cause budget stark said it's like the size of the tumbler box and I had that in the past and it was really big! Like almost the size of a box for a 60" tv

Thanks! It was a long evening, that was for sure. Read this instructions up and down
a couple times while putting everything together.

The box is about as big as the tumbler, that is correct. He also has his own individual brown shipper container
that looks like the cases of regular figures that arrive at Secret Base.

Alright, guys… sorry I did not get to post last night, but getting him all set up
and posed the way I wanted took way longer than I planned, lol. Was up past midnight
playing around with this guy.

First, he is super imposing in a room, just crazy the amount of details that Hot Toys
was able to cram into this piece. I was just floored by the inner workings, too.
All the magnets and pieces fit together very well.

HB_B.jpg

HB_A.jpg

He is crazy heavy… I CANNOT state that enough. No YouTube video has been
exaggerating that point. Getting the legs and feet to articulate is not an easy feat.

Anyone who gets him… take care when trying to pose him up.
A lot a creaking and crackling sounds. One thing is for sure, you can feel like
he can break when trying to move the legs and feet. They do not articulate easy.

The arms on the other hand are nicely moveable. wrists articulate well and he has
no issue doing the repulser hand pose. The engineering to allow this to work was
done perfectly. the arm cuffs retract and collapse behind the hand so that it can
be moved and tilted to replicate the blast pose.

This is his home for now, have to figure out exactly what I am going to do since
he definitely cannot go in my glass cases. He would absolutely crack the glass shelving after time.

HB_C.jpg

HB_D.jpg

And a little lighting effects fun, just for the hell of it, lol.

HB_E.jpg

Absolute beast, as has been stated many times over.
My only real complaints are the difficulty with the leg and foot posing.
Once you get it, it works well enough. It's just getting the knees, hips and feet to do
what you want that is nerve-wracking.

Also… the upper torso joint is almost non-existent. He can tilt back at the arc reactor point
of his chest, but the whole top falls right back to the original position due to the weight.
It will not stay back when you position it.

Overall, I LOVE having him in my collection.

Appreciate the post! Great details and information. This guy can’t get here soon enough.

Back