1/6 Hot Toys - MMS285 - Avengers: AOU - Hulkbuster

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just a heads up, sideshow took away a month on the payment plans so instead of 4 it's now 3.

No offense to you but his comment is pretty clear. it wasnt critiquing you buying this figure, he was just pointing out the fact that your freelance work wasnt "free money" (which you later clarified). Its still income and money spent, which again no one demonized you for spending, just that you seemed to take a liberty with your justification (your OG comment)

My tax refund is free money, so I’ll get that TV no one in their right mind should ever need!

I actually didn’t pay for it! Yay me!

AMERICA!

Alright, guys… sorry I did not get to post last night, but getting him all set up
and posed the way I wanted took way longer than I planned, lol. Was up past midnight
playing around with this guy.

First, he is super imposing in a room, just crazy the amount of details that Hot Toys
was able to cram into this piece. I was just floored by the inner workings, too.
All the magnets and pieces fit together very well.

HB_B.jpg

He is crazy heavy… I CANNOT state that enough. No YouTube video has been
exaggerating that point. Getting the legs and feet to articulate is not an easy feat.

Anyone who gets him… take care when trying to pose him up.
A lot a creaking and crackling sounds. One thing is for sure, you can feel like
he can break when trying to move the legs and feet. They do not articulate easy.

The arms on the other hand are nicely moveable. wrists articulate well and he has
no issue doing the repulser hand pose. The engineering to allow this to work was
done perfectly. the arm cuffs retract and collapse behind the hand so that it can
be moved and tilted to replicate the blast pose.

This is his home for now, have to figure out exactly what I am going to do since
he definitely cannot go in my glass cases. He would absolutely crack the glass shelving after time.

HB_C.jpg

Absolute beast, as has been stated many times over.
My only real complaints are the difficulty with the leg and foot posing.
Once you get it, it works well enough. It's just getting the knees, hips and feet to do
what you want that is nerve-wracking.

Also… the upper torso joint is almost non-existent. He can tilt back at the arc reactor point
of his chest, but the whole top falls right back to the original position due to the weight.
It will not stay back when you position it.

Overall, I LOVE having him in my collection.

Looks great, sir! Thanks for sharing these with all of us. I especially like your first and third pictures. Nice! :)

This piece looks great! The only thing that is slightly (very slightly) disappointing so far, is that no one seems to have successfully pulled off the HB vs Hulk punch pose. Even the recent Hot Toys pics with him fighting Hulk doesn't have that pose. Doesn't matter much to me, but I was hoping to take a pic with that before putting him on the shelf.
I can understand that some are sick of seeing so many Iron Man variations (I am to some extent as well), but in my opinion, this is more of a 1/6 vehicle than a figure. It's basically a 1/6 mecha. I look at it the same way I look at the DeLorean or Batmobiles. I was tired of seeing so many Bale Batmans, and Joker variants, but the 1/6 Batmobile is always exciting. I could care less for the HPP suits, but the Hulkbuster is a whole different kind of piece.

This piece looks great! The only thing that is slightly (very slightly) disappointing so far, is that no one seems to have successfully pulled off the HB vs Hulk punch pose. Even the recent Hot Toys pics with him fighting Hulk doesn't have that pose. Doesn't matter much to me, but I was hoping to take a pic with that before putting him on the shelf.

f3fe7a38e6b29c37a5984415b21eea70.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are a bunch of pics on their Facebook that make me think about ordering this. It's funny to think a few years ago I thought hulk was huge. :)

See, this is where Dino_Ranger screwed up. The first 4 photos were done by him, and he passed the last photo off to JJ Abrams. We all know what happens when you go full JJ. :D
Ryan

Placed my order for this bad boy today with SS. I was surprised that the shipping cost was just $31.51 to Phoenix.

I was nervously expecting much more.

Placed my order for this bad boy today with SS. I was surprised that the shipping cost was just $31.51 to Phoenix.

I was nervously expecting much more.

Congratulations!! I’m confident more collectors will jump on this after more pics and videos surface.

Back