1/6 Hot Toys - MMS285 - Avengers: AOU - Hulkbuster

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I canceled mine in early June. Needless to say...HT has brought me back. Lol. At least I got my NRD back when I canceled though, so it's basically just throwing it back down. I hope this thing doesn't get delayed past their current release. I think the cancellations in combination with KA Hulk Buster really lit a fire under their ass. I'm sure SS communicates their PO quantities back to HT, so it was definitely a good business movie on their part.

Now, to put Stan Lee in it once I get it. Haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha Stan the man in the HB.

Lighting a fire under HT @$$ is always a good thing.

You know, that was actually the first thing I thought on seeing this announcement as well. I don't have the space, or the money, or the balls to risk ruining my perfect quarter-scale—but I want it.

I just realised the potential for dicking around with this, now that we should be able to fit most 1/6-scales inside.

Someone mentioned putting batman in there. It's not a bad idea because if anyone read Snyder/capullos new52 run of batman, he did wear a huge mechanized suit. It was friggin awesome. I want a company to make that.

I canceled mine in early June. Needless to say...HT has brought me back. Lol. At least I got my NRD back when I canceled though, so it's basically just throwing it back down. I hope this thing doesn't get delayed past their current release. I think the cancellations in combination with KA Hulk Buster really lit a fire under their ass. I'm sure SS communicates their PO quantities back to HT, so it was definitely a good business movie on their part.

Now, to put Stan Lee in it once I get it. Haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kA may have been part of it, but the cancelations, if you are talking about the recent stuff due to the delay, had no impact. The delay was due to this update so any cancelations after they had it planned wouldn't be a factor.

I was bummed out when I found out that the Stan Lee HS had a fused neck and therefore couldn't replace the Bridges HS in Iron Monger.

Now (after that suggestion) I realize that he is destined to go in the Hulkbuster.

Cool changes. I would have preferred though the jackhammer arm and mini Veronica to be included.

Same here. I commend them for the overhaul, but I would have much rather preferred a HulkBuster released this year with the features we were already promised than an additional delay to Q2 2017.

In the long run, I would think that most people would rather have such an expensive figure with as many features as possible. 4 years from now none of these delays will matter and I'd think that most people who bought this would be glad they waited for this rather than getting it a year earlier and it not reaching its full potential.

If they included a mark 43 I'd be more impressed. As it is, the diecast joints are clearly a reaction to a fault they noticed (can only be a good thing) and the head mechanism will add another level of realism, but the full figure feature only truly works if you invested in the 43 figure (maybe 42 at a push) previously. Now either the eBay prices are going to get silly or they'll have to do another re-release of the original figure. I don't have the 43 so a lot of the delay is just empty time to me for a feature I can't use. Its great for those with the 43 though.

Someone is trying to sell a new Mark 43 for $350 shipped in the Marketplace [emoji6] . That's pretty much the original price. Might want to hop on that before the seller catches wind of this announcement haha. Seriously though, I'm considering it myself but I've already bought two figures in the last week. I really hope they release another round of 1/6 Mark 43s!

Regarding the announcement, I agree with others that the original delay was caused by joint damage that necessitated the reinforced joints in the legs. They probably went back to the drawing board and decided to add the other updates since it looks better to delay for enhancements than issues. I was really rooting for that Jackhammer arm though. I love accessories with my Iron Man figures.

In the long run, I would think that most people would rather have such an expensive figure with as many features as possible. 4 years from now none of these delays will matter and I'd think that most people who bought this would be glad they waited for this rather than getting it a year earlier and it not reaching its full potential.

I get where you're coming from, I really do. But now we're looking at another year as this could come out June 2017. I never intended on displaying the HB open anyway. Now I have to wait for the redesign for a display option I won't use.

Now the HulkBuster will be an empty shell, we have another year to wait, and still the possibility of a future delay. Fun times.

Sorry. Just annoyed. It's a great feature for those willing to use it. To those who want him closed, we're forced to wait for essentially nothing.

BvS Superman is on the way...I received word that ANH Han will be shipping soon...and now this; it's a HT kind of day! Although I'm sticking with my PO, I'm not happy about the Q2 2017 HK release or the new MK 43 feature I'll never use...a structural re-design can't be a bad thing though. Hope it's worth the wait of another year!

Its a cool feature but not something I'd want to display with, though it may end up looking cool. Bummed about the delay but eh, more time to stockpile rewards points :dunno

I do not plan on using the new features but i plan on keeping this thing forever. So 5 years down the line i might change my mind and open it up and drop the 43 in.

I do not plan on using the new features but i plan on keeping this thing forever. So 5 years down the line i might change my mind and open it up and drop the 43 in.

Yeah it's not a feature I find all that appealing personally...but it's not costing anything extra and with the need to redo the internal structure even without it I don't think it's adding a ton of extra time. I'd rather have a more sturdy figure. And since they did the one thing I think KA should have done, which is still include the upper part of the 43 so you don't have to buy the 43, the redesign is the best of both versions. Plus if I throw a 43 in the 44 it at least frees up a little space.

Back