1/6 Hot Toys - MMS285 - Avengers: AOU - Hulkbuster

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well people have been asking for the ability to put a complete figure in the HB. I never thought HT could pull it off.

Well people have been asking for the ability to put a complete figure in the HB. I never thought HT could pull it off.

not only are they doing it, but they aren't charging more for it (as far as i know).. i think not having to pay extra for such a major redesign is well worth the wait. but then again, i'm not purchasing this figure. but if i were, i'd be okay with this delay as it seems warranted.

i can understand that people are annoyed that they should've done this in the first place, in turn avoiding such a delay.. but hey, that's just the way things are sometimes.

untitled.jpg

Looks like there's enough room around the mk43's leg that when you move the hulkbuster's hip forward it won't even touch the mk43's leg until you reach a certain point and then the mk43's leg will bend at the hip and slide down in to the gap in the hulkbuster's leg

Dunno if that makes sense but I think that would work.

It's hard to explain how it's done without seeing it. Here's Budget Starks video, at around 5 min mark he demonstrates the 43 in the 44. I do think hot toys will have a much better cradle system, the KA version has the 43 just kinda sitting on a cross member and I think that is dangerous for scratching. But otherwise it's not bad. And it's hard to tell with out having something in hand to compare it to, but I do think the KA version is a bit to small. Like they slimmed it down in a few places. But I'm not sure. Could just be the way it looks due to the scale.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XknfpYYre_o

Yeah it's not a feature I find all that appealing personally...but it's not costing anything extra and with the need to redo the internal structure even without it I don't think it's adding a ton of extra time. I'd rather have a more sturdy figure. And since they did the one thing I think KA should have done, which is still include the upper part of the 43 so you don't have to buy the 43, the redesign is the best of both versions. Plus if I throw a 43 in the 44 it at least frees up a little space.

The same thought crossed my mind. The way i see HB's cockpit feature is it allows collectors to make smart space-saving choices. Alternatively, there are now more pose options to switch between from. A great move by HT. Their official announcement to upgrade HB further feels like an apology for possible design-related and/or weight issues on HB's legs. Subsequently, HT used this opportunity to pull the rug from under King Arts. Well played indeed.

Looking at that graphic the figure placement inside Hulkbuster... granted it's just a graphic, but it raises a question. Look at the placement of the 43's knees - right about where Hulkbuster's hips are. I'm wondering how they're going to deal with that - whether they'll sacrifice articulation in order to protect any figure you put inside, or whether it is limited articulation only when a figure is inside, or if they'll just warn people not to bend the hips beyond a certain degree when a figure is placed inside since damage could occur?

I'm confident HT can facilitate full articulation in HB's legs without MK43 hindering it. Judging from their choice to use diecast parts in its pelvic area and legs it's very likely they'll get it right. From what i see in the CAD screenshots, there is swivel and hinge for rotation. Adding to this HB's 1/6 scale, there appears to be adequate room in its thighs to allow articulation meanwhile fitting MK43's leg comfortably. Thoughts anyone?

The changes makes me reconsider my cancellation of this figure. For me, the changes makes the value worth the price. But, adding taxes and shipping for this behemoth pushes the price out of my comfort zone once again. I'll have to watch for some bargain.

My only wish is that when opening the HB to insert the mark 43, that the inner chest pieces (not the red and gold armour pieces) move out of the way instead of having to remove them like on the KA HB. I know that that is a big ask, but it is just something that I didn't like about the KA HB.

Fingers crossed!

I'm kinda surprise that HT is able to tweak the whole thing and gave us a release date unlike Comic.ca..*ahem* :dunno

Back