1/6 Hot Toys - MMS285 - Avengers: AOU - Hulkbuster

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just the ability to completely open up the Hulkbuster as a diorama display is amazing, you'll be able to see all the details inside, will look cool in the workshop display next to the construction Mark III dio and the Hall of Armor dio, with the Hulkbuster all opened up.

Don't really care about putting a full mark 43 inside. I was hoping they can just improve on the abs & hip articulation for better dynamic poses. Atleast they will keep the mark 43 bust.

I don't mind the bust approach but too little of the 43 was showing, it looks ok in the movie but as a display it just looks like a pinhead on a large body, since only the 43's head is showing. With this new approach you can actually see the Iron man in full glory, making this the ultimate "man in a giant robot" display, kind of like the Powerloader from Aliens but even better.

-----------

Last edited:
I thought the whole reason they wouldn't do this to begin with was because having a figure inside wouldn't make any sense the knees are where the hips are to move those would snap the knees backwards.. so just for stationary display then?

Question is...would you display your hulkbuster with the mk43 inside? Or would you rather display them separately? I'd be the latter

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Question is...would you display your hulkbuster with the mk43 inside? Or would you rather display them separately? I'd be the latter

You could display the 43 about to enter the 44.. That'd look pretty cool.

Well I don't think you're supposed to hide the full Iron man Inside and close it, it's a display option of a fully opened up Hulkbuster revealing a full Iron man inside, so you still see both in a display at the same time.

Or you can display the Hulkbuster as an empty suit all opened up, the thing is you're not stuck with one way or the other, I always change up my display once in a while and this gives you three different options. (normal, opened with Ironman inside, open empty suit)

Four options if you can do something like this (Iron man doing a repulsor blast coming out of the Hulkbuster mid battle):

7-single-default.jpg

------------------

Last edited:
Then will they still provide the mk43 bust ?

sure, because HT already stated that a mk43 bust is included when people start pre ordering this.
they just cant throw it away out of the blue without asking the people who already PO.

I thought the whole reason they wouldn't do this to begin with was because having a figure inside wouldn't make any sense the knees are where the hips are to move those would snap the knees backwards.. so just for stationary display then?

Exactly!

Or you can display the Hulkbuster as an empty suit, the thing is you're not stuck with one way or the other, I always change up my display once in a while and this gives you three different options. Four if you can do something like this:

7-single-default.jpg

------------------

It still remains to be seen if the HB can do the ground & pound thing. I doubt it would now that you can put the whole 43 inside. I just hope they won't sacrifice the ab & hip articulation for this. Not asking full range just a little bit motion to improve dynamic pose. Don't want it to end like the power pose mk3.

Well damn. Was just about to sell my mark 43... Maybe I won't now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i think HT will start the pre ordering of the 1/6 mark 43 again before the hulkbuster released,
or at least for the people who already ordered hulkbuster.

i think HT will start the pre ordering of the 1/6 mark 43 again before the hulkbuster released,
or at least for the people who already ordered hulkbuster.

Exclusive mark 43 with the hulkbuster jackhammer & veronica included. Watch it happen.

[/QUOTE]It still remains to be seen if the HB can do the ground & pound thing. I doubt it would now that you can put the whole 43 inside. I just hope they won't sacrifice the ab & hip articulation for this. Not asking full range just a little bit motion to improve dynamic pose. Don't want it to end like the power pose mk3.[/QUOTE]

Perhaps it would be articulated only if you don´t put a full MK 43 in it. It is just an idea.
But looking at the FB pictures, why they would implement metal joints at the thigh/hip, when this area isn´t to be articulated.
It is just a guess.

b73b96a1979ba6150e829be9cb5a7fb4.jpg

Its the real deal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The release date has been pushed back even further, from Q1 (February/March) to Q2 (April/May/June) 2017. I am not complaining, to my eye the changes are significant enough to warrant the further delay.

Hopefully the price doesn't change because of these design changes.

Now, where in the world am I going to find a Mark43?

For real... if having the full mk 43 inside hinders articulation l, chances are you'll have hulkbuster closed up to have it in an action pose... so just don't put 43 in it, you wouldn't be able to see it anyway

The release date has been pushed back even further, from Q1 (February/March) to Q2 (April/May/June) 2017. I am not complaining, to my eye the changes are significant enough to warrant the further delay.

i'm sure HT will reopen PO for the 1/6 mark 43, at least for the people who POed hulkbuster.
its not fair otherwise as HT changed the design well after people ordered the hulkbuster.

Hopefully the price doesn't change because of these design changes.

I'll be satisfied with the included mark 43 bust but if they do release the 43 again I might get it. Definitelywon't be paying for aftermarket price for the 43.

I feel like there's gotta be a catch with this. They virtually retooled the entire figure. There's got to be some sort of gotcha on this. Essentially you could fit this over any armor then I'm guessing?

Back