1/6 Hot Toys - MMS285 - Avengers: AOU - Hulkbuster

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HT AOU 1/6 HB will forever be the best movie 1/6 collectible ever created.

Now how about a 1/4 version lol

I’ve got to say, when I look at my above picture, I find the Hulkbuster 1.0 to be the least impressive. Maybe I’m crazy. [emoji2369]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

HT AOU 1/6 HB will forever be the best movie 1/6 collectible ever created.

Now how about a 1/4 version lol

This comes Friday and man reading through this thread and seeing this general consensus really has me excited.

Now I'm going back and forth on saying **** it and just getting the jackhammer or not.

Not Hulkbuster related as I know how Tony fit inside that armor, but I’ve always been curious how did Obediah Stane fit in the iron monger suit? Was he basically sitting cross legged in the torso? It is a separate piece from the rest of the body. Real life questions, I know lol.

This comes Friday and man reading through this thread and seeing this general consensus really has me excited.

Now I'm going back and forth on saying **** it and just getting the jackhammer or not.

Have you purchased one second hand ? Re-release is due early 2020.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm well aware of the deluxe's release schedule and I do not want to wait until 2020 to own one nor do I care much for the jackhammer piece.

-----------

This seems pretty solid but if anyone has any tips or problem areas that they can share it'd be appreciated.

I'm well aware of the deluxe's release schedule and I do not want to wait until 2020 to own one nor do I care much for the jackhammer piece.

-----------

This seems pretty solid but if anyone has any tips or problem areas that they can share it'd be appreciated.

Wow. Back it up a bit fella.

Wrong side of the bed this morning ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow. Back it up a bit fella.

Wrong side of

Please stop inserting emotion into posts that simply isn't there just for the sake of it. I responded to you in a direct and respectful manner and if there's no response to what I actually wrote then I'd like to just assume we're on the same page and go back to posting about the Hulkbuster which I'm extremely excited for.

Please stop inserting emotion into posts that simply isn't there just for the sake of it. I responded to you in a direct and respectful manner and if there's no response to what I actually wrote then I'd like to just assume we're on the same page and go back to posting about the Hulkbuster which I'm extremely excited for.

To be fair to Hoody, the way I read your post also seemed to be dripping with elitism...it is what is I guess.

To be fair to Hoody, the way I read your post also seemed to be dripping with elitism...it is what is I guess.

You have the right to your perception but I don't know how stating that I didn't want to wait until next year for something is "elitism" as if that's not a fairly standard feeling for us as collectors. I've been collecting these just over a month so my only goal at this point is reading and learning from you all as more established collectors... pretty much the opposite of what you've inferred here.

You have the right to your perception but I don't know how stating that I didn't want to wait until next year for something is "elitism" as if that's not a fairly standard feeling for us as collectors. I've been collecting these just over a month so my only goal at this point is reading and learning from you all as more established collectors... pretty much the opposite of what you've inferred here.

TJ, I don't think much people are willing to help you if you answer like the way you did to Hoody, as I do agree with Memphissfinest above. He asked an honest question, just like when I asked why not use the Mark 43 bust rather than sticking the entire figure inside.

You even tell Hoody to remove emotion from posts when you replied to my own Mark 43 bust question in a smarta$$ way by quoting my username lol. I was only trying to help you avoid getting your figure scratched or damaged by not putting the entire figure inside the cockpit.

You may think what you want, but if 3 people are saying your reply isn't reading nicely online, then it probably isn't. Just something to think about.

Anyways, moving forward -- It's great to have another Hot Toys collector on board. Also thank you for your contributions with the Reviews and Photos. They're nice honestly.

TJ, I don't think much people are willing to help you if you answer like the way you did to Hoody, as I do agree with Memphissfinest above. He asked an honest question, just like when I asked why not use the Mark 43 bust rather than sticking the entire figure inside.

You even tell Hoody to remove emotion from posts when you replied to my own Mark 43 bust question in a smarta$$ way by quoting my username lol. I was only trying to help you avoid getting your figure scratched or damaged by not putting the entire figure inside the cockpit.

You may think what you want, but if 3 people are saying your reply isn't reading nicely online, then it probably isn't. Just something to think about.

Anyways, moving forward -- It's great to have another Hot Toys collector on board. Also thank you for your contributions with the Reviews and Photos. They're nice honestly.

Me saying "Because... Batman?" was a JOKE conceding to your question because I honestly didn't have a real counterpoint to what you said about just using the torso... nothing to do with a smartass or snark.

How about rather than trying to dogpile me for apparently not answering in whatever the preferred manner is just leaving me be because with this being a second language I type in a very direct and "dry" manner in order to keep emotion and the like out of it as I'm not good with all of the implied nuances in written communication. I'm going to continue to do so and would like to without someone getting their feelings hurt from a direct answer. Last I'm even going to respond to this insanely off topic discussion because no one has yet to actually answer the question I asked.

And thank you for the kind words regarding reviews.

Me saying "Because... Batman?" was a JOKE conceding to your question because I honestly didn't have a real counterpoint to what you said about just using the torso... nothing to do with a smartass or snark.

How about rather than trying to dogpile me for apparently not answering in whatever the preferred manner is just leaving me be because with this being a second language I type in a very direct and "dry" manner in order to keep emotion and the like out of it as I'm not good with all of the implied nuances in written communication. I'm going to continue to do so and would like to without someone getting their feelings hurt from a direct answer. Last I'm even going to respond to this insanely off topic discussion because no one has yet to actually answer the question I asked.

And thank you for the kind words regarding reviews.

You're welcome.

If you're looking for thorough comments on the HB and what to look out for (as per your above request), I recommend you check the video (By I Am Toys) I posted yesterday along with the videos by Budget Stark on youtube. They are quite thorough and helped me alot in preparing me to receive my own. Congratulations on the new acquisition and enjoy in good health.

Thank you. I'm not normally anxious. like this but between the cost and size I definitely want some references at hand when handling it.

I have the Hulkbuster with jackhammer arm on PO but I recently got the currently released Hulkbuster for a steal and I must say it's hands down for me one of the best figures I have from visual standpoint. Granted the figure just kinda stands there and the poses are limited, I think it is definitely one to own it you are into collecting (especially the Iron Man figures). You definitely have to read the booklet that comes with it, but it's easy to figure out and do set aside a bit of time just to goof around it. It's massive and has a good weight to it, but not like you're lifting 45 plates in the weight room so I wouldn't sweat that. haha. Just heavy in comparison to your typical diecast figures. I think I had it posed on my kitchen island for a whole weekend tweaking it until I finally threw it in my curio. Lit up with the lights it looks great. I intentionally left the batteries in just to give me a reason to eventually pull it out the curio at a later date. haha.

I have the Hulkbuster with jackhammer arm on PO but I recently got the currently released Hulkbuster for a steal and I must say it's hands down for me one of the best figures I have from visual standpoint. Granted the figure just kinda stands there and the poses are limited, I think it is definitely one to own it you are into collecting (especially the Iron Man figures). You definitely have to read the booklet that comes with it, but it's easy to figure out and do set aside a bit of time just to goof around it. It's massive and has a good weight to it, but not like you're lifting 45 plates in the weight room so I wouldn't sweat that. haha. Just heavy in comparison to your typical diecast figures. I think I had it posed on my kitchen island for a whole weekend tweaking it until I finally threw it in my curio. Lit up with the lights it looks great. I intentionally left the batteries in just to give me a reason to eventually pull it out the curio at a later date. haha.

That's awesome. Are you going to keep the jackhammer preorder as well?

Yeah I intend on keeping the pre-order for the other HB. The HB I have now the price was just too good to pass up on eBay when I saw it. To be honest the guy was selling hard to find diecast along with other figures and seemed too good to be true. I mean there were buy-it-now $200 for IM Mk2, Mk3 Stealth, Mk4, Mk46, WM Mk1, WM Mk3 and plenty others at the time well under $150 (CW Cap, Armored Batman, various statues, etc). If I wasn't too skeptical at the time I would have went ahead and cleaned house but figured didn't want to lose my shorts on a hunch. But then when the HB showed up at my door in no less than 2 days, I was a happy camper but was kicking myself on all the other great figures he had listed. All of that stuff was gone within 30 mins.

Oh goodness yea, I'd be the owner of dual Hulkbusters in a heartbeat.

-------

Going to pick this big guy up shortly. Am excite.

Not sure if it works anymore, but for those of you that are interested in ordering the Hulkbuster from Sideshow, place it in your cart but do not check-out immediately. It took 3 days for me but I finally received an email from Sideshow containing a 10% off coupon code, encouraging me to complete my order for the original version. Basically got Free shipping and another $40 off retail and I was able to use my rewards points for a different purchase.

Last edited:
Back