1/6 Hot Toys - MMS284 - Avengers: AoU - Ultron Prime Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, I actually still have my original copies of the first two, amazing artwork. And most of the stories scared the crap out of me as a kid.

That's awesome. Yeah, I think it's some of the creepiest artwork I've ever seen.. I think I'm going to have to look some of it up again and see how it holds up (judging from your avatar it seems just as creepy as I remember). My older sister had the books and we'd sometimes read them in the dark in my basement with my friends over and then play hide and seek in the dark lol.

The total lack of abb/waist twist was the deal breaker for me. Seems like it would have been an easy fix. I agree that he has some great points of articulation but he's missing two of the most important ones for convincing dynamic poses.

For me, the articulation, or lack of, is the head. Man, the head articulation is just terrible. Such a shame.

I just want the prototype version lol.

I really hope that all of these problems are remedied for the ultimate version (assuming there is one).. Better torso articulation, better head articulation, a better paint job, better paint details, and a better light feature for the eyes... And hopefully they look better with the lights off as well.

Yes, I actually still have my original copies of the first two, amazing artwork. And most of the stories scared the crap out of me as a kid.

Same here. Some of them I remember vividly and still creep me out to this day. Some of the ones that stick out to me are: "Harold", "The Babysitter", "The Thing" and "The Dream".

"Harold" I think is the one that creeps me out the most. Especially the ending.

I'm waiting for them to do it. I'm honestly surprised it hasn't happened yet.

When Hot Toys, when!?

20160218122327_75836.jpg

20160218122327_37920.jpg

They are probably waiting to see how Prime sells first.

They are probably waiting to see how Prime sells first.

I would hope not. I'm sure there are people specifically waiting for an ultimate version. I don't think it'd be smart for them to base future sales of ultimate ultron on ultron prime.

I guess we'll see.

Looks like my returned prime arrived back to BBTS today and my window of deciding to easily cancel and get something else is over. Oh well, like I said, prime will be a place holder for Mark 1.

I just realised this guy has been released in UK and it's sat there awaiting final payment at CDUK - I must have missed the notification! :slap

Gonna have to get him paid up on payday - really looking forward to him!

Finally picked him up.
Class figure. Was a b1tch to put the batteries in his head. Bent the tool trying to open his head but eventually got it.
Think he is great! Might pick up the Soap Reactor to light him without batteries.

I would hope not. I'm sure there are people specifically waiting for an ultimate version. I don't think it'd be smart for them to base future sales of ultimate ultron on ultron prime.

I guess we'll see.

Looks like my returned prime arrived back to BBTS today and my window of deciding to easily cancel and get something else is over. Oh well, like I said, prime will be a place holder for Mark 1.

Gotta base it on something. And there's nothing better to compare him to. Even though there are those that may be waiting for UU, there are statistically probably an equal amount that prefer (or more given the extra screen time) prime. So it's as good a gauge as they will get.

But, I don't think it's just prime sales. There's more involved with the process then just that. It's just part of it. Had prime been a super fast seller it could encourage them to make ultimate and had it tanked it could do the opposite. Otherwise it's just part of the process.

Gotta base it on something. And there's nothing better to compare him to. Even though there are those that may be waiting for UU, there are statistically probably an equal amount that prefer (or more given the extra screen time) prime. So it's as good a gauge as they will get.

But, I don't think it's just prime sales. There's more involved with the process then just that. It's just part of it. Had prime been a super fast seller it could encourage them to make ultimate and had it tanked it could do the opposite. Otherwise it's just part of the process.

Has this figure sold well?

I guess we'll see.

I think it is. As mentioned, you have to base it on something.

For instance, one of the factors HT takes into consideration I would imagine when deciding whether or not they're going to make a vehicle (Batmobiles for instance) for a particular figure line is based on how well the figures themselves are selling to begin with. Saying that they should just go ahead and produce UU regardless of how well UP sells because some people are intentionally skipping UP for the hope of UU is like saying that despite a particular figure line not selling well to begin with, HT should just go ahead and make the vehicle for them anyway because people might start buying the figures now if they know there's a vehicle to go with them.

For instance, one of the factors HT takes into consideration I would imagine when deciding whether or not they're going to make a vehicle (Batmobiles for instance) for a particular figure line is based on how well the figures themselves are selling to begin with. Saying that they should just go ahead and produce UU regardless of how well UP sells because some people are intentionally skipping UP for the hope of UU is like saying that despite a particular figure line not selling well to begin with, HT should just go ahead and make the vehicle for them anyway because people might start buying the figures now if they know there's a vehicle to go with them.

I seen that argument used by people who want HT to release the 66 Batmobile. It's not their investment at risk.

I still wouldn't go by sales of prime to decide whether or not an ultimate version is necessary.

It seems clear that they've been doing well with their marvel figures. Sure you can make a decision based on the sales of a line, but I don't think it's smart to judge by the sales of one figure (in this instance).

I mean, there are people who only want mk 1, or only want prime, or only want ultimate.. Or only want mk 1 and ultimate or want all of them.. Or whatever combination. It would be a shame not to release an ultimate version based on the sales of one figure. They also need to take into consideration the problems prime has. The boring paint job, the dead looking lights off expression, the minimal head movement, the inaccurate eye lights, and the lack of accessories.

I think there are plenty of reasons to give us an ultimate version, hell, we have a whiplash mark 2.. Ultron deserves an upgrade.

Whatever your perspective is... I just want an ultimate version.. I want the ability to display all three together.

6c2c42f18683e8ba98964be5ba744aa2.jpg

Couldn't resist and finally bit the bullet when eBay had a 20% sale.

It was really tough finding a pose that'll fit into a detolf. But damn, he is such a presence, can't wait to pair him up with Mark 1!!

Still not fancying the headsculpt tho
bd659e51c351a86e6f17638a71ae24e6.jpg

Anyone have any other poses in detolf to share?

No, but I wasn't even going to try. Now I will!! Thanks. I'm losing some room for Hot Toys due to a child. Wasn't sure what to do with this. Now I'll put him in the detailed with MK I when it gets here!

Looking for a little help - This little piece came loose when I went to move him and for the life of me can't figure out where it comes from. I checked the figure over and over - the only indication is there is an L on the inside meaning it must come from the left side of the figure. But nothing at all seems out of place.

IMG_4610.jpg

Looking for a little help - This little piece came loose when I went to move him and for the life of me can't figure out where it comes from. I checked the figure over and over - the only indication is there is an L on the inside meaning it must come from the left side of the figure. But nothing at all seems out of place.

View attachment 300970

is it from the inner arm?

maybe take a couple shots of the figure itself.

Back