1/6 Hot Toys - MMS284 - Avengers: AoU - Ultron Prime Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm waiting for them to do it. I'm honestly surprised it hasn't happened yet.

When Hot Toys, when!?
20160218122327_37920.jpg
If HT made this version, either instead of or in addition to their current figure, I'd buy it for certain. This look is much more what I prefer when I think of Ultron.

Well.. I shipped mine back to BBTS for an exchange because of its defective torso light. And now that it's gone, I feel bad because I sort of don't miss it. Half of me would rather return it for store credit. There's just something about the head and paint job that makes me feel like it's not worth the money.

Yup, canceled my order when I saw the paint app and limited articulation. I picked up the Rocket & Groot two pack locally instead, which are now some of my favorite figures. I will for sure order UU if he ever gets announced, the 45 is begging for it!

Yup, canceled my order when I saw the paint app and limited articulation. I picked up the Rocket & Groot two pack locally instead, which are now some of my favorite figures. I will for sure order UU if he ever gets announced, the 45 is begging for it!

I know right!

I looked through what BBTS had in stock to see if I'd rather get something else and I just said screw it and kept my order. Oh well.

I still don't understand why the paint job is so bland and why the head looks so off. I think part of the face being off has to do with how pronounced the panel lines are. In the movie they seem much more subtle.

Hopefully if or when they do ultimate ultron, they'll go to town on the paint job.

I know right!

I looked through what BBTS had in stock to see if I'd rather get something else and I just said screw it and kept my order. Oh well.

I still don't understand why the paint job is so bland and why the head looks so off. I think part of the face being off has to do with how pronounced the panel lines are. In the movie they seem much more subtle.

Hopefully if or when they do ultimate ultron, they'll go to town on the paint job.

He was also so expressive during the film! I would have much prefered a swap out expressive head. I also think it was a huge mistake to keep the spine directly attached to the head even further limiting his possible poses. Ah well, he still looks super impressive in allot of the photos I've seen. Still, this could have been a home run with a few tweaks. Has anyone seen any custom/improved repaints of this?

Limited articulation? Maybe the head but the rest has a pretty great range. I don't know, I'm pretty blown away by this guy

Furreal... Ant-man(which is a great looking figure) can barely move yet is universally praised. Ultron has great articulation and IMO is much more impressive than any standard figure due to his complex design, awesome hands and highly detailed paint job gets overlooked & people pray for the steroid version of prime. To each their own, I guess.

I like the steroid version of Ultron because that's the look I prefer. I really don't care about the Prime version.

Is Ultron Prime die-cast at all? That would have been cool. Maybe they're saving it for Ultimate Ultron.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I think this figure is great. Just a little overpriced for me, still thinking about getting this if I can unload my Thanos fig

I like the steroid version of Ultron because that's the look I prefer. I really don't care about the Prime version.

Is Ultron Prime die-cast at all? That would have been cool. Maybe they're saving it for Ultimate Ultron.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

There aren't any die cast pieces on the Ultron Prime figure.

Well.. I shipped mine back to BBTS for an exchange because of its defective torso light. And now that it's gone, I feel bad because I sort of don't miss it. Half of me would rather return it for store credit. There's just something about the head and paint job that makes me feel like it's not worth the money.

I felt the same way and sold mine shortly after receiving it. Aside from the sheer scale of the figure I wasn't impressed. The main reason I liked Ultron in the movie was because of all his facial expressions but this fig just has this dead stare that looks silly, especially when the mouth is open.

I felt the same way and sold mine shortly after receiving it. Aside from the sheer scale of the figure I wasn't impressed. The main reason I liked Ultron in the movie was because of all his facial expressions but this fig just has this dead stare that looks silly, especially when the mouth is open.

I totally agree.

Oh well, I'll just use it as a placeholder until the mark 1 comes out, and hopefully by then they will have announced an ultimate version.

I just don't know what went wrong. The prototype head looks really really nice, especially the eyes. It's just odd that it changed so drastically from then to finish product (and not for the better). And with the progressively nicer paint jobs we've seen lately, it's surprising that this one is so flat.

Limited articulation? Maybe the head but the rest has a pretty great range. I don't know, I'm pretty blown away by this guy

The total lack of abb/waist twist was the deal breaker for me. Seems like it would have been an easy fix. I agree that he has some great points of articulation but he's missing two of the most important ones for convincing dynamic poses.

Scary stories books? Those pictures creeped me out when I was younger. They were great!

Yes, I actually still have my original copies of the first two, amazing artwork. And most of the stories scared the crap out of me as a kid.

Back