1/6 Hot Toys - MMS284 - Avengers: AoU - Ultron Prime Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you look at the photos?

Yes. That's why I said it looks like the battery cover for the arm.

Edit: Oh ok no, I didn't see the ones subsequent that. I have no idea where that piece comes from then. As I said though, it's got to be a part that's able to be detached. It wouldn't be marked "L" (presumably for left) if it wasn't.

If everything looks ok, I wouldn't worry about it for the time being. If you can't pinpoint it, it's very doubtful anyone else who looks at the figure will be able to either. Just throw it back in the box and perhaps one day you'll by accident stumble across where it's supposed to go.

Yes. That's why I said it looks like the battery cover for the arm.

Edit: Oh ok no, I didn't see the ones subsequent that. I have no idea where that piece comes from then. As I said though, it's got to be a part that's able to be detached. It wouldn't be marked "L" (presumably for left) if it wasn't.

If everything looks ok, I wouldn't worry about it for the time being. If you can't pinpoint it, it's very doubtful anyone else who looks at the figure will be able to either. Just throw it back in the box and perhaps one day you'll by accident stumble across where it's supposed to go.

Yeah, it's really strange. It's possible it has the letter because maybe that part is applied manually, so the letter is for the assemblers? I have no clue.

I think if it's from anywhere it'll be on the left side of his inner body. I don't see any missing exterior pieces.

Bought good deal, glad I waited.

I wish I had we well.. But that money is long gone, so, I'm not too worried lol.

I'm still dying for an ultimate ultron.

I want an ultimate version so badly, one with a gorgeous paint job like ultron mk 1, and mk 45. Oh well, it looks REALLY unlikely at this point.

I wish I had we well.. But that money is long gone, so, I'm not too worried lol.

I'm still dying for an ultimate ultron.

I want an ultimate version so badly, one with a gorgeous paint job like ultron mk 1, and mk 45. Oh well, it looks REALLY unlikely at this point.
Same here. I'll stick with my Ultron MkI. Ultron Prime just looks so lifeless without the lights turned on and I certainly won't be turning the lights on 24/7.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Same here. I'll stick with my Ultron MkI. Ultron Prime just looks so lifeless without the lights turned on and I certainly won't be turning the lights on 24/7.

I agree.

For me, I don't mind so much the lights out look, it's the super clean paint job that sort of gives it a cheap-ish look (compared to other hot toys figures produced around the same time).

Anyways, I don't totally dislike it, it's quite impressive in person, I just don't think it lives up to hot toys current standards. I don't regret getting it, but I do have to say that I like the mk 1 a bit more. An all out ultimate ultron would be a dream come true.

That's probably what I dislike the most about collecting. It's a crap shoot whether an item will sell out during preorder, just be sold out before a great sale or get a ridiculous deal down the road. I'd love an additional $55 in my pocket. Also the money I could have saved on a couple others. In the end, I'm happy I bought it. I need more villains.

I agree.

For me, I don't mind so much the lights out look, it's the super clean paint job that sort of gives it a cheap-ish look (compared to other hot toys figures produced around the same time).

Anyways, I don't totally dislike it, it's quite impressive in person, I just don't think it lives up to hot toys current standards. I don't regret getting it, but I do have to say that I like the mk 1 a bit more. An all out ultimate ultron would be a dream come true.

I prefer the super clean paint job. I really dislike the fact that Hot Toys seem to be putting fake battle damage on everything these days.

I prefer the super clean paint job. I really dislike the fact that Hot Toys seem to be putting fake battle damage on everything these days.

I prefer the more realistic worn in look. It's usually more accurate as well. It's rare to see super pristine armors on screen. And when you shrink one down to 1/6 and don't add the minor wear and tear marks, it makes the figure look more like a kids toy than a $200-$300-$400 figure.

Plus, the small nicks and stuff aren't all that noticeable unless you're up close to it. I think that adds a nice premium quality to it.

Go check out war machines reveal in iron man 2, it's the first time you see it, but it's already scuffed up.

Ultron prime's paint job just comes off as bland to me.

I prefer the more realistic worn in look. It's usually more accurate as well. It's rare to see super pristine armors on screen. And when you shrink one down to 1/6 and don't add the minor wear and tear marks, it makes the figure look more like a kids toy than a $200-$300-$400 figure.

Plus, the small nicks and stuff aren't all that noticeable unless you're up close to it. I think that adds a nice premium quality to it.

Go check out war machines reveal in iron man 2, it's the first time you see it, but it's already scuffed up.

We have a difference of of opinion. I never saw a pristine paint job as cheap looking. Fake battle damage, or fake worn look looks cheap to me. I like my new figures like I like my new cars or anything new i buy. Mint.

The bland paint job and lifeless headsculpt were a real turn off for me as well. This is the only HT fig I sold pretty much immediately after opening.

Yup, agree with this. It looks like a cheap toy rather than a premium figure.

I think it's unfair to compare it to a car. The figure is supposed to represent screen-accurqcy so all the battle damage, little nicks are there.

A car is not representing anything and it's common expectation for it to be mint.

In the end, for me, this figure isn't worth what they're asking.

Last edited:
Yup, agree with this. It looks like a cheap toy rather than a premium figure.

I think it's unfair to compare it to a car. The figure is supposed to represent screen-accurqcy so all the battle damage, little nicks are there.

A car is not representing anything and it's common expectation for it to be mint.

In the end, for me, this figure isn't worth what they're asking.

Well I completely disagree. I don't get this garbage that you must put scratches on a figure to make it look like it's worth the price. This Ultron is one of the top 3 figures I got in 2016 and I really hope Hot Toys goes back to making these types of figures without fake damage but I guess they won't because of people returns for minor cosmetic blemishes.

Honestly, I was one of the naysayers against this figure. But once I got this in hand, I did a 180 and really am impressed with the figure. One of my main gripe however, is still present, which is the dead eyes when it's unlit. But other than that, the figure is really spectacular in hand.

I don't think accuracy is really a matter of opinion.. Whether you want it to be accurate or not, then that's where we disagree.

Go check when tony puts on the mark 3.. It too is not completely clean. I would rather a figure looking as close to the way I saw it on screen as possible.

The scratches and imperfections are what separate them, because as I said, it just gives it the extra little bit of realism.

Also, I'm not certain about this, but I think I recall hearing it before, but I think that one of the reason they add this stuff to the CG is so that it looks more realistic and less fake looking.

Ultron Prime's paint scheme isn't as one note in the movie as the figure is.

Back