1/6 Hot Toys - MMS284 - Avengers: AoU - Ultron Prime Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for all the advice. I do have a good tiny screw drive set, Brainiac, great advice. But it is what caused the scratching. I'll try wrapping it in some tape along with a little heat. Thanks again guys!

Hopefully BBTS will ship mine soon and I'll have it sometime this week.. I also hope I didn't wait too long on preordering the 45 from sideshow and he'll ship out this week as well, but my hopes aren't high for that.

This angle makes Ultron look like Classic Ultron.

I LIKE WHAT YOU GOT.

Thanks! That's mostly what I was aiming for, getting that angle that made him look more like the comic ultron... That pic took me the longest to get right.

I'm glad the floating heads are pleased.

@robbiethepainter - that is amazing work right there bro. Your Ultron is making the stock look bad by comparison. What did you use on the eyes? Also the paint job you did on the body is magnificent. You should offer your service for a custom paint job on the Ultron. I would buy one just so I can get it to look like yours.

@robbiethepainter - that is amazing work right there bro. Your Ultron is making the stock look bad by comparison. What did you use on the eyes? Also the paint job you did on the body is magnificent. You should offer your service for a custom paint job on the Ultron. I would buy one just so I can get it to look like yours.

Thanks dude. The body is actually really easy. I just used Tamiya "smoke" paint (basicly it's translucent black) and sprayed the whole thing. It's a big figure so it takes a lot. The head was a little more involved. First I cut the eyes wider. I think the biggest problem with the figures face is too narrow of eyes and also the shape. I cut them bigger and also away from the center of the face to widen them. I filled them in and did a simple resculpt mainly for painting reference. Then repainted the eyes back in using white as a base with a clear red sprayed over. The picture doesn't show it well but it makes them pop better than just painting them red. Also sprayed more smoke and also some black to help sculpt the face better. The disks on the cheeks aren't as dominant in the CGI model so I toned those down. Lots of trial and error and when I get a chance, I'm going to revisit him but for now I really dig this figure. Just a few changes made this one tops for me.

412681192.jpg

Hey Guys!
I know i´m late but we are allways late in Germany with our beloved Figures!

Here is my GERMAN REVIEW of Ultron Prime.

Cheers

The long wait is over! Finally got this yesterday and popped him open today. More than impressed!! I didn't think that the lights off would bother me, and now having this in hand confirms it. I didn't get to put the batteries in yet so I didn't even get to appreciate this to the fullest and I'm still floored by this guy. Just the design, paint, ingenuity in articulation and sheer presence is killer. I'm sure I'll dig him that much more when lit up, but that'll have to wait until tomorrow.

Bring on Ultimate!!

Still w.i.p but I really dig this guy.

SiuJxE8.jpg

That looks great man. Does it still look good with the lights on or is this a permanently lights off mod?

I'm just going to assume your using the doc pic to visually say 'great scott' nice work rob

I got the batteries installed the other night and man is this an incredible piece! Of course it looks insane with the lights on, but I'm still good with him unlit. The paint, design, size and posibility make him look just fine with the lights off IMO. He was made to be beautiful and he is!!

The one thing that I I'm not crazy is the jiggley parts of the midsection. I already pushed one in, but thankfully it didn't do noticeable damage. Those parts are a little too fragile and you have to be really mindful of where you're gripping and applying pressure when handling him.

As far as the the battery cover on the head, if you get a really thin flat head screwdriver, you can wedge it in deep enough where you won't leave noticeable scratches, and it'll pop off the cover effortlessly.

Well.. I shipped mine back to BBTS for an exchange because of its defective torso light. And now that it's gone, I feel bad because I sort of don't miss it. Half of me would rather return it for store credit. There's just something about the head and paint job that makes me feel like it's not worth the money.

Back