1/6 Hot Toys - MMS284 - Avengers: AoU - Ultron Prime Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats to everyone who is about to get this beast!
I was lucky enough to get one during it's HK release and still look at it everyday, it really has a shelf presence!
Sharing some of my old pics again to inspire you guys for some awesome poses that can be achieved!

1.jpg
2.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
12.jpg
13.jpg

Great pics! Looks great next to Thanos.
If only there was a way to keep his lights on 24/7... :lol

Thanks!
There actually is, another boardmember talked about the soapbox from soapbox studios if I remember correctly they make a battery elminator for figures.

Yeah, soap makes one that will allow wall power and eliminates the battery.

It would be nice if they made it so you could plug his feet into the base and the base has a adapter.

Sure you would only get one pose for his legs when plugged in but most of his are just having him standing straight anyways.

It would be nice if they made it so you could plug his feet into the base and the base has a adapter.

Sure you would only get one pose for his legs when plugged in but most of his are just having him standing straight anyways.

It's not nearly that simple. They would have to complete redesign the electronics. As each limb/part is seperate. It would also be a fundamental change to their manufacturing, design and quality control process. As each limb is seperate, meaning it can fail and be replaced without costing the entire unit. A single point switch with the type of design you are talking about makes the entire figure wired together and that means no replacements parts anymore. It's also a change to the manufacturing. They can't build test and paint each individual part and pass it along for assembly. It would all need to be built and then tested. Still could replace a part at the factory and all that, but it's just more complicated and time consuming and costly.

And the plug into the base thing...never fly. People can't bend the figure into a pretzel, into pose they will never use, and ones that the 1/1 inspiration would never be able to do..well if they can't do that people flip out. Making it so the feet are plugged into the base destroys that.

I was lucky enough to get one during it's HK release and still look at it everyday, it really has a shelf presence!
Sharing some of my old pics again to inspire you guys for some awesome poses that can be achieved!

View attachment 268442
View attachment 268443
View attachment 268444
View attachment 268445
View attachment 268446
View attachment 268447

Your pics inspired me to get that Toys Era shield a few weeks ago. Cool little accessory for Ultron

If only the UPS facility was open on Sundays...

I just checked the tracking info and it's already at the local office, maybe they'll deliver tomorrow but the estimate still says Tuesday.

View attachment 268442
View attachment 268443
View attachment 268444
View attachment 268445
View attachment 268446
View attachment 268447

Great pictures!

I received this figure last Thursday, it is a beast indeed with great shelf presence. It really enhances and brings out the rest of my AoU collection and even though I still need the the NA Scarlet Witch and the Mk 45, I feel the addition of UP brings my general AoU collection full circle, being that the big villain has now been added.

Your pics inspired me to get that Toys Era shield a few weeks ago. Cool little accessory for Ultron

I've been contemplating getting this little accessory as well. I currently have 11 AoU figures and will end up with 13, possibly 14, so this accessory would be a nice little piece to stick smack dab in the middle of the collection somewhere.

I've been contemplating getting this little accessory as well. I currently have 11 AoU figures and will end up with 13, possibly 14, so this accessory would be a nice little piece to stick smack dab in the middle of the collection somewhere.

I think its definitely worth it and a cool addition to a display. I got that and Thor's rock base that I asked you about to use as display options with Ultron

It's not nearly that simple. They would have to complete redesign the electronics. As each limb/part is seperate. It would also be a fundamental change to their manufacturing, design and quality control process. As each limb is seperate, meaning it can fail and be replaced without costing the entire unit. A single point switch with the type of design you are talking about makes the entire figure wired together and that means no replacements parts anymore. It's also a change to the manufacturing. They can't build test and paint each individual part and pass it along for assembly. It would all need to be built and then tested. Still could replace a part at the factory and all that, but it's just more complicated and time consuming and costly.

And the plug into the base thing...never fly. People can't bend the figure into a pretzel, into pose they will never use, and ones that the 1/1 inspiration would never be able to do..well if they can't do that people flip out. Making it so the feet are plugged into the base destroys that.

you never know what they'll come up with.

i honestly cannot see hot toys stop trying to be innovative.. whether it's paint, articulation, lights, bases.. and so on. look at the original mark 3 compared to the 45. it hasn't even been 10 years yet and the improvement is tremendous.

it's possible they figure something out that none of us have even thought of. i'm not saying it'll happen this year, or next year, but i'm sure at some point we'll see something new.

Oh, I'm sure they will as well. I know they are working on a new switch system.

But if you compare the electronic features of that original mk3 and that of the mk45...pretty much identical. There's legal and safety issue with the batteries and electronics that other parts don't have to address. If they don't meet those then the USA will not allow them to be imported. And same for most or Europe. So that complicates things in ways articulation and what not do not.

I was really just addressing the plug into the base comment..and things like that. The tech isn't available to make that feasible or cheap enough to accomplish. Wireless power is a ways off for mass market, and even further to get it where it's cheap enough and simple enough to change the figure design.

I'm sure eventually it will happen. Just not for a while. And there's legitimate reasons why at this point.

Oh, I'm sure they will as well. I know they are working on a new switch system.

But if you compare the electronic features of that original mk3 and that of the mk45...pretty much identical. There's legal and safety issue with the batteries and electronics that other parts don't have to address. If they don't meet those then the USA will not allow them to be imported. And same for most or Europe. So that complicates things in ways articulation and what not do not.

I was really just addressing the plug into the base comment..and things like that. The tech isn't available to make that feasible or cheap enough to accomplish. Wireless power is a ways off for mass market, and even further to get it where it's cheap enough and simple enough to change the figure design.

I'm sure eventually it will happen. Just not for a while. And there's legitimate reasons why at this point.

It'd be nice if there were some major improvement in these batteries..

Or maybe something like this.. Use the stand to run some wires through, or bundle them to the stand.. Have some removable pieces where the batteries are usually located, and have something similar to a lighting port plug into the different sections to keep them lit. I think the only thing you'd need to worry about is making the wires and ports small enough to be concealed easily. Of course it wouldn't work for every pose, but it'd be perfect for a hall of armor type setup.

I know even something like that would be years down the road. But, as with everything, ideas need to start somewhere.

I just hope that they understand that this is an area (one of the only) that we'd like to see some improvement in.

I'm perfectly happy with the way it works now.. But a figure like ultron that relies so much on the feature could benefit a lot from a solution.

There's an option like that now. It's a soap reactor. But you have to consider it from their point of view. It would require a lot of additional man hours, and regulation compliance and the cost of something like that (a soap reactor can cost 100usd easy) and compare that to what batteries cost them. There's little upside when people buy it as it is now.

And if you want better battery life buy some higher quality batteries. They pack in cheap ones. For a five bucks you can buy ones that can stay on all day and for multiple days..

Edit-that sounds harsher then I expecte my bad. Just trying to give you options. Better batteries make a huge differences.

My Prime just shipped. Keen to receive this bad-boy.

Anyone know of a decent 1/6th throne/chair i could use to recreate the church scene with him under the red cloth. Theres an concept art piece that shows you how he would have looked if we had seen him front on and its baddass. I want to try and re-create it for my display

tumblr_no00cc903t1s5u24po1_500.jpg

You would probably need to do some custom work on any you find to match it. But Captain harlock has a decent throne. It's a hot toys figure

There's an option like that now. It's a soap reactor. But you have to consider it from their point of view. It would require a lot of additional man hours, and regulation compliance and the cost of something like that (a soap reactor can cost 100usd easy) and compare that to what batteries cost them. There's little upside when people buy it as it is now.

And if you want better battery life buy some higher quality batteries. They pack in cheap ones. For a five bucks you can buy ones that can stay on all day and for multiple days..

Edit-that sounds harsher then I expecte my bad. Just trying to give you options. Better batteries make a huge differences.

yeah, i've seen the soap reactors, that's what gave me the idea for them to incorporate something like that.

as for the batteries.. i'm talking about something that you can turn on and leave on for months at a time. of course something like that, right now, is absolutely unrealistic, i understand that, i'm just trying to think a bit into the future.

but, like we've discussed before. if it were possible to incorporate a remote system, i think that'd be best. but i don't see that working either.

though, like you said before, incorporating the touch light up function would be a nice step forward.

Back