1/6 Hot Toys - MMS284 - Avengers: AoU - Ultron Prime Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Received this figure today, looks amazing. The battery installation required a lot of patience though. I also can't seem to get the ring finger of his left hand to articulate at the second point, right at the tip. Almost looks/seems like it was mistakenly glued down. Trying to force it feels like the entire finger will snap off.

Also, do the ankles on this figure pivot side to side, or just up and down? Shartimus Prime stated in his review that it has ankle pivot, but I'm just not seeing it. Like the finger tip, trying to get the ankle to move side to side feels like the foot will snap off, as much force needs to be applied if it does indeed have ankle pivot.

I heard they do move. Probably just stiff so as not to let such a big figure take a fall.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Yep, I was just about to edit my previous post. I got them to move, but they're extremely stiff, as mentioned. You sort of have to articulate the foot downward then apply a bit of pressure to pivot it to the side and it'll budge a bit. Like you mentioned, they're probably that stiff so that way there's not much play in the ankles, so as not to let such a large figure take a spill.

Mine hasn't shipped, arghhh! Guess that's what I get for using a coupon lol

I wasn't sure you guys were online. I hoped you were. I wanted to show you. I don't.....have anyone else.

image.jpg

Wow. That is nice. Is he pretty stable without his stand?

Thanks! :duff

Yeah, he's pretty stable enough for me where I'd feel comfortable displaying him without the stand. It takes a bit of futzing with the ankle pivoting, the knee joints and bending at the waist to sort of find the "sweet spot", if that makes sense.

He's too tall anyway with his regular stand in the display cabinet that I want to put him in, so I was initially going to just use a generic crotch grabber stand and raise it all the way up. However, after futzing with him a bit as mentioned, I think he'll be good on his own.

Looks great S-Star :clap

Mine arrives Tues.

Beautiful!!!

Put someone next to him though for scale.

Thanks, gents. :duff

You'll enjoy him, he's a great figure. Easily the most discernible in my AoU collection and one of the most in my collection in general. A lot of intricate details and very good shelf presence.

I'm not able to at the moment, but I'll take him back out again either later tonight or tomorrow and put another character next to him for scale comparison.

In the interim, here's a comparison of him with the Maximoff twins figures and Mk 43 and Vision. From Shartimus Prime's review:

image.jpg

image.jpg

Such a beautiful figure!! I can't wait. Thank you for posting a pic which simultaneously eases the waiting pain and makes it worse :lol

Thanks. :duff

I wasn't sure you guys were online. I hoped you were. I wanted to show you. I don't.....have anyone else.

View attachment 268104

now we just need the version that finishes that conversation.

looks beautiful. i wonder when BBTS's shipment will arrive.. i haven't received an "incoming" email yet.. so, we'll see. with the amount of money i've spent this week.. i don't mind waiting a little longer.

now we just need the version that finishes that conversation.

looks beautiful. i wonder when BBTS's shipment will arrive.. i haven't received an "incoming" email yet.. so, we'll see. with the amount of money i've spent this week.. i don't mind waiting a little longer.

I know what you mean.

I have TWS Nick Fury coming at the end of this month, but I'll probably postpone him a couple weeks.

:yess: Still run that line to my chick. It never gets old :lol

Looks great brother! The long wait is almost over

Ultron had so many great lines. James Spader sold it brilliantly. He has a very compelling voice.

Thanks, man. The long wait for me was over today. I almost literally ripped it out of the UPS driver's arms. :lol

As mentioned, I'm certain you'll like him. Very intricate details and a very strong shelf presence.

Here's a quickie I took just to merely give an idea of his size in comparison to a couple of other figures in the AoU line:

image.jpg

Hulk's knees are bent and he's slightly hunched at the waist so he's crouched a bit (presumably the way most people probably have him posed), and UP is pretty much the same height as him while basically for the most part standing straight.

I will not preorder a non exclusive item from sideshow again! Just got an email that they're not getting any more shipments in until the 20th yet they charged me on 5/27. That is poor business practice & if it were a seller on eBay doing this it would definitely be a negative reviews. Absurd.

Back