1/6 Hot Toys - MMS284 - Avengers: AoU - Ultron Prime Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks! :duff

Yeah, he's pretty stable enough for me where I'd feel comfortable displaying him without the stand. It takes a bit of futzing with the ankle pivoting, the knee joints and bending at the waist to sort of find the "sweet spot", if that makes sense.

He's too tall anyway with his regular stand in the display cabinet that I want to put him in, so I was initially going to just use a generic crotch grabber stand and raise it all the way up. However, after futzing with him a bit as mentioned, I think he'll be good on his own.

Thank you, and your explanation makes perfect sense.

I will not preorder a non exclusive item from sideshow again! Just got an email that they're not getting any more shipments in until the 20th yet they charged me on 5/27. That is poor business practice & if it were a seller on eBay doing this it would definitely be a negative reviews. Absurd.

Seriously? Mine says shipping soon still and I was charged the 27th, so that means this won't actually ship until June 20th? That really sucks.

Seriously? Mine says shipping soon still and I was charged the 27th, so that means this won't actually ship until June 20th? That really sucks.

They should update everyone who got charged on the 27th and won't be receiving it until nearly a month later. I thought there may of been an error in their system, which is why I contacted them in the first place. They kept saying "small delay" lol, what does SS consider a long delay?

I thought it was a law in California that you cannot take full payment until it's in stock? That's why they move final payments on flex pay instead of taking the last payment. Has that law changed?

I thought it was a law in California that you cannot take full payment until it's in stock? That's why they move final payments on flex pay instead of taking the last payment. Has that law changed?

No, it's USA law that requires it to ship once it's been paid in full, but it's not instantly required. They legally have 30 days. There's no way to make a law that it has to ship immediately or in stock. There are way to many variables.

According to ssc what has happend is they got a huge shipment of goods, including ultron prime..so they charged the final flex for people expecting they had enough to cover everyone. But someone over estimated how many they had in the shipment and that's where the issue is. They are giving everyone a date toward the end of the month, just in case. But they expect the figures sooner. But if it's an issue for you, ask for a refund.

No, it's USA law that requires it to ship once it's been paid in full, but it's not instantly required. They legally have 30 days. There's no way to make a law that it has to ship immediately or in stock. There are way to many variables.

According to ssc what has happend is they got a huge shipment of goods, including ultron prime..so they charged the final flex for people expecting they had enough to cover everyone. But someone over estimated how many they had in the shipment and that's where the issue is. They are giving everyone a date toward the end of the month, just in case. But they expect the figures sooner. But if it's an issue for you, ask for a refund.

Cool, thanks for clearing that up for me. i knew there was some kind of law just did not know the details. I have one more flex for this so no worries for me.

I thought I was going to be left out of the first wave of these, but I finally got my shipping notification last night and it'll be here Wednesday :yess:

According to ups shipping info mine should be here Tuesday. Hopefully the delivery guy doesn't get here til after I get home from work cause it requires a signature and I think I'll die if I have to wait another day.

I thought I was going to be left out of the first wave of these, but I finally got my shipping notification last night and it'll be here Wednesday :yess:

Based on the comments, it sounds like I got lucky also and got the first shipment of these. I received mine on Thursday two days ago. Hope everyone else receives theirs real soon and more pictures start flooding in, because it's a great figure.

According to ups shipping info mine should be here Tuesday. Hopefully the delivery guy doesn't get here til after I get home from work cause it requires a signature and I think I'll die if I have to wait another day.

Have them hold it at a UPS facility in your town. That's what I do because I'm never home when they come by. You can just pick it up at UPS after you leave work - they stay open until 8:30 or 8:45 during the week, but no pickups before 4:30.

You should be able to do it directly from their site if you have already created a My UPS account. It's free, too. https://my.ups.com

I live in a very small town and there isn't a facility here. The nearest one is a couple towns over and they take everything they couldn't deliver back there at the end of the day. It's about a 45 minute drive and they'd be closed by the time I got there after work.

I've tried to make it there before on a couple occasions but it's just not possible.

The UPS guy usually makes it to my place between 3 and 5 so hopefully it's closer to 5 on this occasion.

I live in a very small town and there isn't a facility here. The nearest one is a couple towns over and they take everything they couldn't deliver back there at the end of the day. It's about a 45 minute drive and they'd be closed by the time I got there after work.

I've tried to make it there before on a couple occasions but it's just not possible.

The UPS guy usually makes it to my place between 3 and 5 so hopefully it's closer to 5 on this occasion.

If you sign up for ups account at their site it will allow you to sign for packages in advance online or allow them to leave it at your door(or under a rock, whatever you want really). That way you don't have to be home. Plus it gives you a better estimated time for delivery. Like within an hour usually.

I might do that, Thanks for the info. I usually just sign the slip they leave to have it left the next day. That would save me a day of waiting though,

Yeah it's much easier. The info provided through the site is much better for tracking as well. And you can divert a package to your office if you want. All kinds of options really. I think it would solve a list of your issues anyway. Let me know if you need any more info

Yeah it's much easier. The info provided through the site is much better for tracking as well. And you can divert a package to your office if you want. All kinds of options really. I think it would solve a list of your issues anyway. Let me know if you need any more info

yeah, you're right. and i've had a couple of situations with UPS where i've requested to pick up the package, and i was able to get it a day earlier than the expected arrival date.

i wish USPS would allow you to pre-sign. if they do offer that option, i haven't seen it. i know you can set up a pick up or request a delivery time time frame. packages in my town get delivered from USPS from between 10am and 11am which is when i'm sleeping. so, anything i order from HLJ or amiami always requires a trip to the post office which closes at 4:45. luckily the post office is about 1.5-2 miles away.

I think there is a pre sign on the site. Let me double check though.

Edit-
Yeah I just double checked...there's an option to pre sign items. As long as it's not something like medication. (Dea tracked items). I have a figure coming from sideshow this week and I just did the presign on it(I'll be home but I wanted to make sure it worked) and it says I no longer need to be home or sign. Here's the screen shot from the options window. The part you need to sign up for is ups My Choice.

image.jpg

Last edited:
I just recently got a new UPS guy cause the previous one would pull this crap where he'd say he attempted delivery but there wouldn't even be a slip on the door. I called and complained once and apparently they'd received several complaints already. I guess if he'd get behind on his deliveries he'd just skip the last few on his route so he could get back to the facility to clock out for the day. I don't know if he got fired or what, I just know I haven't had any issues wit the new dude.

Yeah I've had a few drivers like that

In fact it got so bad that I installed new security cameras in the front door just so I could show that the guy wasn't delivering when he said. I don't work normal hours and I'll be home for months at a time. He would say he tried to deliver and knocked and he would either never stop or, and I'm not kidding, sneak up without the package and put the missed you sticker on my door and sneak away. It couldn't have saved him more then 3 or 4 minutes. It made zero sense. But I complained after I caught him...I heard him outside and busted him before I put the cameras in. He called me a liar to his bosses and called me names. I nearly beat his ya know. But after I put the cameras in he got worse and after a month I called them back and told them what he was doing. Again he called me a liar. Then after they said there was no proof I told them I filmed it. They said why didn't you say so upfront..and I said it shouldn't take that and he should own up like a man. If I didn't need to use the film I wasn't going to. Well needless to say he no longer works there. I'll see if I can find the video. It's comical.

Last edited:
Back