1/6 Hot Toys - MMS284 - Avengers: AoU - Ultron Prime Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just snagged one of Timcent! So hopefully soon, this guy will join his fellow Evil friends!

8 (5).jpg
Photo_20160317_204301.jpg

It's crazy right.

Can you imagine this figure five or ten years ago? Lol

HT has come a long way for sure. This would have been near impossible back in the beginning. We cant discount the fact that its the growing collector community that has allowed them to grow so much, so fast though.:wave

UU would have to be a bit too much engineering for a con exclusive. More like Chocolate Ultron :)
How? It's just a bunch of pieces added on top of Prime. King Arts is offering their Ultron Prime figure with the add ons to create Ultimate Prime.

The pieces you see laying there is all that's needed. I don't think it'll be a con exclusive though. It's too much of a main figure and they could even include a battle damaged head if they ever do the figure.

12523875_1173936305972366_4289525239334881081_n.jpg

How? It's just a bunch of pieces added on top of Prime. King Arts is offering their Ultron Prime figure with the add ons to create Ultimate Prime.

The pieces you see laying there is all that's needed. I don't think it'll be a con exclusive though. It's too much of a main figure and they could even include a battle damaged head if they ever do the figure.

If and when HT makes Ultimate though, no doubt it would be all in one piece and I'd definitely prefer it that way. It's the only reason why I held back from getting the King Arts Ultimate since I don't like the idea of snap-on pieces when I'd prefer to have Prime and Ultimate as separate figures.

12523875_1173936305972366_4289525239334881081_n.jpg

It's not a lot of engineering when compared to starting fresh...but a con exclusive is usual a straight repaint or very limited in new pieces that require actual tooling. Given the size of ultron it would be nearly as much tooling required for the add on parts as most of the iron man armors.

(Since most of the Mk suits have significant reused parts)

Yeah, as much as the lights on this figure are probably what would give it life, I never put and leave batteries in my figures, lest leakage. It's never worth it to me because the only time I would really ever turn on the electronic features would simply be to show and tell people for 5 seconds, "Hey look, it does this too."

The cheapest figure I have makes turning the lights on and off so easy. SSC R2D2 with the simple touch panel. Then you are not prying anything apart to get to a tiny switch.

I might be in the minority on this but something about the face bugs me. Amazing figure, no doubt but I'm not sure what it is ... Perhaps it's just when the lights are off...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I might be in the minority on this but something about the face bugs me. Amazing figure, no doubt but I'm not sure what it is ... Perhaps it's just when the lights are off...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Because it's impossible to 100% capture his face. It had way too many moving parts to showcase his expressions so having 1 static sculpt on this figure only goes so far.

The eyes are also slightly off. It's missing his red dot pupil so the figure just has his circle outer outline. They inverted his eye light up as well.

Would have liked an extra sculpt with a more angry expression though.

26453611322_568b07229d_b.jpg

25943142923_b58d0eb51c_b.jpg

26545954505_485cd5b642_b.jpg

The eyes missing that white dot always bugged me and HT's not the only one guilty of doing that. It's very easy to miss but it's a shame since, though small, it can really change the impression of the design.

Um..not at home right now. When I get back I can let you know. But it should fit

Thanks! If it will fit in the Legend Studio Case he will be ordered and put next to my 1/4 scale IM which is next to the 1/6 scale Hulk. These three sitting next to each other should look pretty awesome. Lastly, how many switches does this guy have? IM has 6 or 8!? That is just too many to manipulate on a regular basis. I only mess with chest and helmet now.

I wish this guy had a remote to control the lights. Can't believe HT hasn't integrated this yet. A lot easier than popping a bunch of switches.

Back