1/6 Hot Toys - MMS284 - Avengers: AoU - Ultron Prime Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aw, I was hoping that more pictures would make him look LESS awesome, not more! I don't have room for a figure this big. Probably. Well, maybe I could move some stuff around...

Spoiler Spoiler:

Good argument! Mine is it works perfectly on R2D2. No reason why a figure like Ultron couldn't have three separate touch panels. But since u stayed Not Really we will all take your word for it.

Lot more room in that big dome head for the electronics than an arm and im not sure it would work with the paint covering it up.

Lot more room in that big dome head for the electronics than an arm and im not sure it would work with the paint covering it up.
R2d2 has paint on it and all the panels on all five of my legend studios have paint. I don't even have to touch them to activate. Just get near them and they activate.

So this is probably a stupid question but can you replace the batteries that hot toys uses? Are they purchasable?

They're just watch batteries. Just gotta match up the codes on the batteries themselves. I found some on Amazon and also at Radio Shack.

I always replace mine since the ones Hot Toys uses leaks over time :lol

There's a reason they don't use a single switch/remote system. I've explained it a few times.

A remote is just an external switch. I know most people understand this but not everyone does. So to get it to work every single limb would need to be wired or connected. Unless each limb has its own remote or chip. The problem this creates is that it destroys the current quality control setup. You will no longer have the option to get a replacement arm or leg or torso through sideshow or anyone else. A business can not require a customer to do anything with electronics. Even if it's just a plug and play wire. There is liability. And when a part fails there's no way to expect the customer to wire chase and find out if it's bad before or after the joint (i.e. If the hand doesn't light up is it the arm that's bad or something in the torso). It also will add over all failures, as one large circuit will fail more then multiple individual ones. If one switch fails the whole figure would be replaced in this instances. There are other things that go into it as well, like cost and construction and so on...but hot toys is aware most people "want" an easier light up feature...

that doesn't mean that it's not a shame that they can't use a remote system.

also.. you never know what the future holds, how technology will advance, how processes change, and so on. so.. you can explain this 100 times, but that doesn't mean that there won't be some innovation in a few years that solves a problem like this. i personally never expected a single light up faceplate like we're seeing with the shotgun armor. so, who knows.

They're just watch batteries. Just gotta match up the codes on the batteries themselves. I found some on Amazon and also at Radio Shack.

Oh wow I didn't realize that. Maybe I'll use the light function a little more then. I usually don't even bother to put them in because I don't use them enough.

after seeing it personally, i can say the final product is a huge improvement over the prototype.
the paint color looks more metallic than the prototype and the panel lines on the face is way
more solid.

ultron 1.jpg
ultron 2.jpg
ultron 3.jpg

Walmart and target and Kmart and Meijer and almost every major retailer has them as well.

Back