1/6 Hot Toys - MMS284 - Avengers: AoU - Ultron Prime Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you sure? They don't seem to be in the trailers at all. It seems like one flat surface to me. :dunno

Yes, again that's the problem. They shouldn't look as prominent as HT sculpted them, to the point that they should almost look flat. Here are two clear shots from the trailers:

3xhIFQV.jpg

fnYlssk.png

The lines are there, but they're very faint. Here are the two same shots put in high contrast so you can see them better:

vp3p9OW.png

aMEjaPE.png

So yeah, the lines do exist but they should be more like engravings than blatant panel lines on the figure's face.
HT's obsessive need to fully sculpt every little detail actually worked against them this time around.

Anyone else disappointed he's not die-cast?
No.

Looks to me like the lines on his head open up depending on his facial expression... When he furrows his brow, they open up. When he opens his eyes wide, they get closer together. Also may be why he put's a "helmet" on later.

I'm guessing HT didn't realize that when sculpting it, because his eyes are wide open.

Last edited:
I think ultron prime is much more menacing than Ultimate Ultron

I completely agree. Every since we first saw him say the whole "there are no strings on me" line in the first trailer. He looked and sounded so ****ing scary. I wasn't sold on the look till I saw that and super glad i'm getting Ultron Prime. I'll wait till we see Ultimate Ultron in the movie but he just looks too bulky for my liking and just not a fan of what he did to his head.

I completely agree. Every since we first saw him say the whole "there are no strings on me" line in the first trailer. He looked and sounded so ****ing scary. I wasn't sold on the look till I saw that and super glad i'm getting Ultron Prime. I'll wait till we see Ultimate Ultron in the movie but he just looks too bulky for my liking and just not a fan of what he did to his head.

Yeah it just doesn't look intimidating....plus I like all the red lights Ultron prime has

I can't choose. I think both look great. Prime took a while to grow on me because I was holding on to the comic imagery too hard, but I dug Ultimate at first glance.

I think it would be sick if Ultimate's face was static. If he constantly wore this crazed killer robot mug, that would be a great way to pay homage to his comic appearance

17013561681_463a2da65e_b.jpg

I can't choose. I think both look great. Prime took a while to grow on me because I was holding on to the comic imagery too hard, but I dug Ultimate at first glance.

I think it would be sick if Ultimate's face was static. If he constantly wore this crazed killer robot mug, that would be a great way to pay homage to his comic appearance

I like Ultimate especially with the creepy static-looking face, but the bulky chest and forearms don't look as great to me. My opinion might change when I see the movie, but so far I just treat it as if Ultron put on his Iron Man suit hence the added bulk and smooth appearance. :lol

That said, I definitely prefer Prime's overall look so far, especially the tall humanoid proportions of his body. There's a certain way that the patterns/details on his body are designed that just looks more uniform and interesting to me.

Anyone else disappointed he's not die-cast? Enough to cancel a PO and forfeit a NRD in favor of a die-cast version (Ultimate Ultron?) if one so happens to be announced? I love the look, but there's something left to be desired when a giant metal robot is made out of plastic..

I can't imagine how much a die-cast version would cost though.. :slap

HT's idea of diecast is always a figure that is more than 50% plastic anyway so it will still be a mostly plastic figure anyway.

Back