1/6 Hot Toys - MMS281 - Avengers: AoU - Captain America Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Regarding loose shoulder joints, I found that if you raise the arm that's holding the shield with his upper arm straight out to the side and then push/bend the shoulder joint forward a bit, the arm will pretty much stay up and hold that pose at shoulder height. If I'm not mistaken, it kind of looks like that's what CPTAmerica65 is doing with his shield arm in his pictures a couple of pages back. It's when you simply raise his arm/shoulder straight out to the side that it lowers back down.

I still don't put him in that pose being that I don't like to have my figures in general in poses with the arms raised too high to circumvent weakening of joints over time, but I like knowing that it still has that capability if I wanted to. Here's my new one. I think I'm going to leave the helmeted/masked headsculpt on. I like the look of this suit in full gear.

And nice pics everyone above!

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Nice pix, just got mine in last week & really diggin the figure... Dem knee pads tho..... :gah:

yeah, the knee pads bother me a bit as well

it's like they they mistakenly swapped the right and left pant legs during production because if they were in the same spot but on the other side they'd be perfect

Planning on ordering him tomorrow since I get paid. I think I'll be ordering him from SideShow since I got that 30 dollar off coupon.

You won't regret it. It is a really nice figure. I picked mine up yesterday and I love it. I went with the Steve sculpt and him holding the helmet.

Attachments

• IMG_20150724_205929799.jpg
    IMG_20150724_205929799.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 382
  • _20150724_210627.JPG
    _20150724_210627.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 389
Regarding loose shoulder joints, I found that if you raise the arm that's holding the shield with his upper arm straight out to the side and then push/bend the shoulder joint forward a bit, the arm will pretty much stay up and hold that pose at shoulder height. If I'm not mistaken, it kind of looks like that's what CPTAmerica65 is doing with his shield arm in his pictures a couple of pages back. It's when you simply raise his arm/shoulder straight out to the side that it lowers back down.

I still don't put him in that pose being that I don't like to have my figures in general in poses with the arms raised too high to circumvent weakening of joints over time, but I like knowing that it still has that capability if I wanted to. Here's my new one. I think I'm going to leave the helmeted/masked headsculpt on. I like the look of this suit in full gear.

And nice pics everyone above

I was just going to post the exact same thing about how to get the arms to stay up. Though when doing this the shoulders can look a bit bunched up towards the back, but at least we have the option.

Tried a few dynamic poses, but I think he looks best in a more or less museum pose.

I was just going to post the exact same thing about how to get the arms to stay up. Though when doing this the shoulders can look a bit bunched up towards the back, but at least we have the option.

Tried a few dynamic poses, but I think he looks best in a more or less museum pose.

I do think part of the reason why it's difficult to get his arm to stay up if you simply raise it straight out to the side though is suit restriction that helps force it back down, being that the suit is bulky and tight. Raising the arm and then kind of pushing the shoulder joint forward so that way his upper arm is at a slight angle seems like it kind of locks the shoulder joint more less, so his arm stays in that pose. Looking at a lot of the pictures of people with dynamic poses where they have his shield wielding arm at shoulder height, they seem to have his arm in this type of position as well so it stays. So it seems like this is the trick to achieving it.

Glad you figured it out as well!

I see others have the same issues with the shoulders

I'm glad it's not a defect because I hate going through the hassle of getting a replacement

Finally got this baby in. Just a few cellphone pics. Now on to the widow and hawkeye
94d19e49c8fd40569c98a34fef622afa.jpg
076fa2ce4d735c9394ac0e2bf716123e.jpg
84fabee63c0961e66d47f8feb2e93fe5.jpg
8f1333244c9d42bc45672e233ec6ab51.jpg
0e15ad6d4d5e52e966cf74f3c03748e0.jpg

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Nice pics Motoro! Congrats on getting him in!

I see others have the same issues with the shoulders

I'm glad it's not a defect because I hate going through the hassle of getting a replacement

Being that the looser arms seem to be a bit common, I was thinking it could be entirely possible that HT intentionally made the shoulder joints on the AoU body a little looser to try and increase articulation in the arms due to the confines of the tight suit. For instance, the strike suit Cap has a similar body and suit style, and due to the tight suit, it's very difficult on mine to actually move his arms upward.

Back