1/6 Hot Toys - MMS281 - Avengers: AoU - Captain America Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine arrived today, really awesome figure, the head sculpts are great, but the unmasked head is probably my favourite of the two

View attachment 199954

Congrats!

Yeah, the unmasked headsculpt is probably the best nonmasked headsculpt thus far; slightly ahead of the WS dual pack civilian Steve headsculpt (though I believe they are the same headsculpt, just painted a bit differently).

I initially without hesitation put the unmasked headsculpt on mine, but after seeing many images of it on here with the masked headsculpt on, I changed it back to the masked headsculpt. I really like the look of this suit in full gear.

Got mine today and it looks good. But to be honest one of the pant legs is wayyyy off compared to the other. Most notably the knee cap. It takes a heap of wiggling and moving to get it near right. Anyone else had this problem?

Got mine today and it looks good. But to be honest one of the pant legs is wayyyy off compared to the other. Most notably the knee cap. It takes a heap of wiggling and moving to get it near right. Anyone else had this problem?

Everyone had same problem, its design flaw

Why am I not surprised lol You would think hot toys would have picked that up before releasing it. Especially if it's such a common problem.

You're not going to, they stitched the knee pads too far inward. One of the seemingly common issues with this figure along with looser arms (though I actually think this may have been intentional by HT in an attempt to increase articulation in the arms due to the tight, bulky suit) and the occasional lazy eye unmasked headsculpt.

LAZY EYE UPDATE:
I received a new Steve Rogers Headsculpt from Sideshow Saturday and I am more than pleased with the outcome. I sent them a great thank you. I know when just looking at the sculpt, the lazy eye wasn't obvious; however when taking photos of the figure it was a little distressing and I wasn't sure I was going to be able to use the non-cowl sculpt in poses. Well, after having the new figure for about three weeks, Cap AoU is in his fourth pose. I have a few photos attached, but the one with the two sculpts should show what one with a lazy eye looks like and one with both eyes looking slightly to the left (and up). Enjoy, my fellow collectors!!
View attachment 199918View attachment 199919View attachment 199920
Thanks for this. This pushed me over the edge to actually file a replacement request. I think mine probably needs it. Fingers crossed they work with me. Did you have to send the old sculpt back?

Really love this figure! Here he is joining the rest of my Caps.

image.jpg

Awesome picture! Really nice set up you've got there. :clap

Couldn't help but notice you've got at least a couple of Predators also on the shelf above. Very cool!

Question: If I cancelled my flexpay with this guy, would sideshow refund the payments I've already paid? I have 2 more payments left for him, but I wanted to go ahead and pay for it full. I understand there is a cancellation fee...

Question: If I cancelled my flexpay with this guy, would sideshow refund the payments I've already paid? I have 2 more payments left for him, but I wanted to go ahead and pay for it full. I understand there is a cancellation fee...
There's a fee for each processed flex payment, plus the NRD is lost if you paid one. Don't do that nonsense, just live chat with them and say you want to charge the final payments early.

There's a fee for each processed flex payment, plus the NRD is lost if you paid one. Don't do that nonsense, just live chat with them and say you want to charge the final payments early.

thank you

edit: I had no idea that was possible. Just paid off Cap and Mark XLI. Thanks for helping.:clap

Last edited:
Back