1/6 Hot Toys - MMS281 - Avengers: AoU - Captain America Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just messaged sellers on eBay and asked if they'd offer a better price if we just deal through paypal direct and I got mine for $280 shipped. I figured that $45 difference from Sideshow would be worth it and I after having him for a few days already, I don't regret it one bit.

Other than that, This'll be my last instagram pic. I'll try to take better pics this weekend since I'll be getting my camera back.
11256372_384226448430565_1929798353_n.jpg

Was that figure on the left BEFORE the Super Serum? ;)

They look great! Thanks for the pic!

I just put this on payments. I told myself I wouldn't buy anymore figures a couple of years ago and I had actually sold a large part of my collection. Then I bought DOFP Wolverine. After it arrived I knew I was sucked back in (I'm amazed at how good it is). You guys just take too many good photos.

Again, its funny I initially wanted the AOU suit to be toned down.
But after its been toned down, I prefer AOU suit.
I like the white on the sleeves and the brown boots.
Looking forward to get my Hot Toys AOU Cap.

Again, its funny I initially wanted the AOU suit to be toned down.
But after its been toned down, I prefer AOU suit.
I like the white on the sleeves and the brown boots.
Looking forward to get my Hot Toys AOU Cap.

Hahaha that's exactly how I feel! Though the more I look at the CW suit, the more I like it.

"Civil War" removing every StarkTech that's on your uniform :lol anyone realise he's not using the magnetic tech for his shield anymore?

So you can't literally modify the AOU into CW that easily.

Looking at those pics, I much prefer the AoU suit. I don't like the all blue sleeves and the gloves. I like the long gauntlets and white on the sleeves the AoU suit has.

Looking at those pics, I much prefer the AoU suit. I don't like the all blue sleeves and the gloves. I like the long gauntlets and white on the sleeves the AoU suit has.

Y'know. I like that this CW Cap looks like a progression of the Strike Suit version and he only puts an emphasis on the red, white, and blue while he's "Avenging" with the team.

Very tempted to sell my Avengers Captain America to replace it with this one. I prefer this look

AoU Cap is perfect. At this point, CW Cap is nice, but will probably be another repaint of the Strike version head sculpt. I'm at the point where I'd like to see some new sculpts, maybe Avengers 2.0s eventually, etc. Man I'm sounding old lol.

I definitely like his AoU uniform better than this. I even like the military spats more than the tactical boots... Unless the figure comes with something really unique, it kinda feels nice to know I can pass on something.

would it have killed them to use a new suit for the LAST film! I mean just taking the AOU suit and downgrading it isnt an improvement :slap

I think this is probably the consumer products department at Disney wielding its powers...

Just change a few of the colors of the old suit here and there and bam!...a new product is ready to be sold :rotfl

In other news, it seems we have a sneak peek of Crossbones' suit:

CFEXP_2UEAA_wXc.jpg

I think this is probably the consumer products department at Disney wielding its powers...

Just change a few of the colors of the old suit here and there and bam!...a new product is ready to be sold :rotfl

In other news, it seems we have a sneak peek of Crossbones' suit:

View attachment 185198

Wait didnt he die in TWS? Or was he just badly burned can't remember :dunno

Really disappointed with that look for crossbones, he really did not need to look that armoured. Sometimes keeping it simple is a far smarter move.

yeah, i'd have thought giving him a mask would be sufficient, considering he has shown himself to be a very capable fighter in the last movie.

yeah, i'd have thought giving him a mask would be sufficient, considering he has shown himself to be a very capable fighter in the last movie.
True, but let's take some things into account.
1. When he fought Cap in the elevator he had at least 10 other agents backing him up and he still lost.
2. While he fought Falcon to a standstill towards the end of the movie, Sam Wilson is no where near Cap's league in fighting prowess or strength. So it stands to reason that Crossbones would need something to help him even the odds. I compare this to Tony's Hulkbuster Armor.
3. Depending on the situation in the movie, Crossbones potentially has to deal with Cap's team of Avengers as well, so the armor would be necessary at that point.

Back