1/6 Hot Toys - MMS281 - Avengers: AoU - Captain America Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How come no one is putting Cap's shield hands / fingers around the shield handle? In these latest pix, they are all just sticking the shield to the back of his hands w/o flipping the handle down. I just think it looks unnatural this way. I did it on mine & it looks way better.

I agree, and have thought that every time I see it. Makes it look silly. Will be flipping it down when I get him.

Couple of pics I took the other day. Thought about keeping just the AOU Cap but the Avengers Cap may just need to stick around a little longer

5888b63b519ce05ffe143838811091ad.jpg

e3d58c13709f72e6851f4161fed0abad.jpg

45351350e417908de312142c79e8db1d.jpg

How come no one is putting Cap's shield hands / fingers around the shield handle? In these latest pix, they are all just sticking the shield to the back of his hands w/o flipping the handle down. I just think it looks unnatural this way. I did it on mine & it looks way better.
I think the real question here is why didn't they include a magnet on the closed fist hands? Haha

Well because quite frankly, the magnetic shield is awesome.

Oh, and probably because that's how he held it/attached it to his arm in the movie.

I can't speak for everyone that owns it, but I leave the handle down for convience and durability.

It's much easier to swap the shield on each arm faster as well as stick it on his back and the handle is designed poorly IMO it seems cheaply made and I don't know if it was intended that way so you can slide his glove off easier, but it seems it could eventually snap off :slap

Last edited:
I've had the shield on his back since I got it. I'll probably have him hold it eventually, but I'll position it so you can't even see the handle/fist

It is but I don't know if it's the lighting but it doesn't look like Evans in that pic, more like a bootleg sculpt

I believe it is a bootleg sculpt actually, I have one of those also on my strike suit Cap. They look really good in person.

The bootleg Rogers sculpts tend to be a bit thinner in the face than the actual HT sculpt that comes on the civvy Steve/Aou Cap and the hair is devoid of any goldish tint to it.

I've had the shield on his back since I got it. I'll probably have him hold it eventually, but I'll position it so you can't even see the handle/fist

I'll have to admit how HT didn't consider putting magnets on the other pair of hands is beyond me. At least should have had the fists magnetized as well:dunno

I think the handles should been made a little bit stronger material

I believe it is a bootleg sculpt actually, I have one of those also on my strike suit Cap. They look really good in person.

The bootleg Rogers sculpts tend to be a bit thinner in the face than the actual HT sculpt that comes on the civvy Steve/Aou Cap and the hair is devoid of any goldish tint to it.

Ah I see, IMO bootlegs are hard to capture the Lightning right as an avid collector of bootleg sculpts. I think in low lighting areas it's best to shoot angling the camera above and away from the sculpt. In that shot it makes him look a bit too wrinkly dunno
Especially with Evans profile when using a darker light I feel it captures him better with him looking up than rather tilting him down to get a better likeness.

That's why all my darker close ups I try to capture his profile looking up

IMO anyway even though this isn't a bootleg

Great pics...I just got this figure on Wednesday and I'm in love...It's the best Cap figure to date IMHO. I'm still debating how to pose him but I need to make room to display him first.

The difference is night and day with the articulation

Modded fat suit completely removed too

Flex is at it's highest point

Raised as much as I can get it

Crossed as much at it's peaked

No modds, strictly base body new refined articulation

Flex

Raised

Crossed

IMO this is worth it

Last edited:
Nice pictures guyver.

Yeah, the articulation on the AoU Cap as compared to strike suit is very vast. So much at first that I thought the arms were too loose, but realized they were intentionally made this way as to increase articulation in his arms to compensate for the tight fitting suit.

I'm even surprised you were able to get strike suit into some of those poses being that his arms are so restricted by his suit.

Back